Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Bill And Melinda Gates: Thank You For your love for Naija - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bill And Melinda Gates: Thank You For your love for Naija (406 Views)

Davido: Tekno Thank You, If Changed My Life!!! / Churchill Celebrates White Girl's Birthday: "Your Love Is Sweeter Than Wine" / 'I Can't Thank You Enough' - Chioma To Davido As He Sponsors Her Cooking Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bill And Melinda Gates: Thank You For your love for Naija by kelvee(m): 5:58am On Apr 02, 2018
BILL Gates, came visiting, once again in March this year: Gates is well known as the founder of Microsoft; the very successful High-tech Company which made him the second richest man in the world at one time.
The story is worth telling that Bill Gates, was a total stranger to Warren Buffet, when he (Gates) first approached the world’s richest man to discuss his vision of bringing improved health care delivery to billions of people worldwide. Remarkably, however, the two super-billionaires quickly bonded and the product of that meeting was that Warren Buffet, soon after, donated $30bn (thirty billion dollars), almost all his wealth to Bill Gates, to pursue laudable health projects and other social interventions, which will touch lives of hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
In a widely reported speech by Bill Gates to distinguished Nigerians in Aso-Rock Presidential Villa, Abuja, last week, Gates noted that his initial dream was to make peoples’ life better, by giving everybody computer access, at affordable cost; however, according to the billionaire, “As I got older, travelled more and learned more about the world, I realized that billions of people had a problem that computers couldn’t solve. They lacked the basics of a good life; food, shelter, health, education and opportunity”.
Consequently, with the billions of dollars earned from Microsoft “we started working toward a different goal; a healthy and productive life for everyone.” Bill Gates This vision, according to Gates, is the reason “why I come to Nigeria; and that’s why Melinda and I will continue coming for as long as we are able.” Instructively, the Gates Foundation’s biggest office in Africa is located here in Nigeria and over $1.6bn has been expended, so far, particularly in health related interventions; nonetheless, according to Gates “we plan to increase our commitment! The chances are that strong arguments were, by competitive interests to locate the Foundation’s Africa Head office, anywhere but Nigeria, and issues of corruption, difficulty in engaging government and its agencies, poor power infrastructure, insecurity etc, would have been cited as impediments to attract the Foundation’s largest office in Africa elsewhere. But No! the soft spoken, self-effacing gentle man closed instead to work in the eye of the storm, and ensure that the national ‘epicenter’ of the polio virus, which the Gates Foundation sought to eradicate world-wide was the congruent location.
According to Gates, “I’ve always felt welcome in Nigeria. Nigerians usually greet me warmly. The first time I met the Sultan of Sokoto, I was honoured that he greeted me with the gift of a white horse.” The Gates’ Foundation has strong relationships with Federal and State governments, businesses, NGOs and Civil society organizations. “We are eager” according to Gates to “support you as you work to make Nigeria a global economic powerhouse, that provides opportunity for all its citizens, as you strive to fulfill this country’s immense purpose”.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/bill-melinda-gates-thank-love-nigeria/

Re: Bill And Melinda Gates: Thank You For your love for Naija by ameri9ja: 6:41am On Apr 02, 2018
For real. Bill Gates is a gem. God gave that money to the right person. May he and his family stay for ever blessed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jay-z Calls Kanye West His ‘brother,’ Officially Buries Feud: Watch / Bbn2018:nigerians Are Not Happy With Actress Juliet Ibrahim For Supporting Cee C / With Who Would You Like To Spend 1hour, If You Could Pick Any Person On Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.