Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,097 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK (28583 Views)

EndSARS: 3 Ladies Kidnapped & Raped In Benin, Their Phones Stolen (Video) / Taxify Driver Killed And His Car Stolen In Lagos (graphic Photo) / Lamborghini Stolen In Switzerland Found In Ghana With Nigerian Plate Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by clefstone(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2018
I've always been suspicious of those UK used phone
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by Suffernomore: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2018
CRIME LORDS INDEED
grin THAT WHITE MAN IS LOADED WITH CASH!
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by deafeyez: 11:48am On Apr 03, 2018
Who buys UK used phones at £567

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by BlackBaron: 11:48am On Apr 03, 2018
No doubt stolen phones do get through. But this a most exaggerated article written by a scum newspaper known for their falsehood and attention grabbing headlines.

Your IQ would have to be borderline dumb to read The Sun UK or Daily Mail.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by HoodBillionaire: 11:49am On Apr 03, 2018
i will only take it serious
wen hollywood makes a movie out of it.
how abt uk used plasma
led
mobile ac
home theater
dey r stolen too abi
abegi

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by BornAgainMay: 11:49am On Apr 03, 2018
grin
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by lilyheaven: 11:54am On Apr 03, 2018
Anyways, i only buy phones from slot.
Can't even dream of buying used phones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by Alejob: 11:57am On Apr 03, 2018
We don suffer!

This people have rapped us economically, socially, morally and what have you......

They still malign our image in the media..... We don suffer!
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by BlueScholar(m): 11:58am On Apr 03, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
I saw nothing but the name of the store

Emeka Michael International

grin grin grin

grin
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by Ugoeze2016: 11:59am On Apr 03, 2018
Observing...
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by hustla(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2018
very very useless reporting

Im thinking someone saw 'uk used' phones somewhere and decided to pin it on nigerians. naija ppl for uk no dey rob, if na yahoo, then maybe tht one fit true
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by toluxa1(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2018
Most so called "UK Used" phones are actually US used. Purchased from the US. Wonder why they have been given a general name as "UK" used.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 03, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

grin grin grin

Gotta love ndigbo development grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by nairaman66(m): 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2018
Fellow Tory Andrew Percy said: “It is truly shocking to think that violent attacks here in the UK are being used to make black marketeers in other parts of the world wealthy.”

Funny! What about stolen funds from Nigerian politicians stashed in uk banks?? You see my friend Percy, an imbalance somewhere, is an imbalance everywhere!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by Boss13: 12:19pm On Apr 03, 2018
This is trash and the Nigerian government has to react strictly to this and sternly warn the UK. I am currently in London on holidays and there is an increase in crime especially in North London. Just yesterday, two people were attacked in two unrelated incidents. One is dead and the other fighting for his life.

The rise in crime in London has been blamed on the increase in immigration by Londoners. They blame everyone from Africa to Eastern Europeans. However, they are yet to ascertain the rise in crime. This publication from Sun is an excuse to heap the blame on Nigerians in North London and link the increase in crime to them.

It is nonsense and pure speculation and the usual behaviors of westerners to pass the blame around to everybody apart from themselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by centboy123456(m): 12:19pm On Apr 03, 2018
awa:
And then....UK no theft from us

I dey tell u brother those UK people na big theft

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
I saw nothing but the name of the store

grin grin grin

Why at igbos owning almost any business u see online n Yorubas own none? grin
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by ebby9z(m): 12:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
A typical western news. "tech starved Middle class." The litany being repeated across the article and portraying Nigerians as those who are yet to enter the "smartphone age" Yet more than half of Nigerian phone users are using smartphones, smartphones that include high end iPhone and Samsung phones. The age of "London used" phones is even receding since there are now cheap tecno phones and infinix.

This news is thrash. They should address their security challenge and stop dragging Nigeria into it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by ebby9z(m): 12:25pm On Apr 03, 2018
Boss13:
This is trash and the Nigerian government has to react strictly to this and sternly warn the UK. I am currently in London on holidays and there is an increase in crime especially in North London. Just yesterday, two people were attacked in two unrelated incidents. One is dead and the other fighting for his life.

The rise in crime in London has been blamed on the increase in immigration by Londoners. They blame everyone from Africa to Eastern Europeans. However, they are yet to ascertain the rise in crime. This publication from Sun is an excuse to heap the blame on Nigerians in North London and link the increase in crime to them.

It is nonsense and pure speculation and the usual behaviors of westerners to pass the blame around to everybody apart from themselves.

I tell you. Very typical of them. Junk journalism. Quite easy to blame countries like Nigeria because they know it sells and there's nothing we can do about it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by mu2sa2: 12:27pm On Apr 03, 2018
But it is UK nationals that are stealing the phones from their fellow citizens. They should fight phone theft in their country rather than blaming eastern Europe and Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by Abagworo(m): 12:29pm On Apr 03, 2018
The funny thing is that in Port-Harcourt they advertise UK used as free from crime making most buyers prefer them.
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by eluquenson(m): 12:33pm On Apr 03, 2018
They snatch phones from our hands in Lagos, sell at computer village as UK used.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by BlackPantherxXx: 12:34pm On Apr 03, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Why at igbos owning almost any business u see online n Yorubas own none? grin

In English ?

GTB is owned by Innoson...Globacom by Nnamdi Kanu
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by Boss13: 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2018
ebby9z:

I tell you. Very typical of them. Junk journalism. Quite easy to blame countries like Nigeria because they know it sells and there's nothing we can do about it.

That’s the annoying part of it. Tech starve middle class - that’s an insult. Nigerian middle class don’t buy used phones. If there is one thing Nigerian middle class is good for is to show off their new phones. Phone manufacturers are very aware of this. However, they want to continue painting Nigeria as a backward country to sell their motives. Ignorant whites.

Let them go and fix their crime problems. Let me even state that London is just like Lagos, dirty, crowded/congested. I have seen hawkers and beggars on the streets of London and they were not blacks. As I write this, I’m in traffic congestion. The only difference between London and Lagos is the organization. Apart from that, it’s trash with cold and rain falling almost everyday.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by Dotng: 12:39pm On Apr 03, 2018
The report is not complete on the destination of phones stolen from the UK. I read a report some years back on how a large number of phones stolen from the US & UK ended up in Brazil. Now the report only spoke about Lagos because Lagos has a bad name already. There are a number of cities in the world where stolen tech end up in.
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by Boss13: 12:39pm On Apr 03, 2018
mu2sa2:
But it is UK nationals that are stealing the phones from their fellow citizens. They should fight phone theft in their country rather than blaming eastern Europe and Lagos.

Are you minding them. That is their MO - blame everyone else
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 03, 2018
Otigba Street people...

It's common knowledge that most of those so-called London used phones are stolen phones.
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by Boss13: 12:40pm On Apr 03, 2018
Dotng:
The report is not complete on the destination of phones stolen from the UK. I read a report some years back on how a large number of phones stolen from the US & UK ended up in Brazil. Now the report only spoke about Lagos because Lagos has a bad name already. There are a number of cities in the world where stolen tech end up in.

You don’t understand the motive. They want to link the crime rise to Nigerians/Africans in London. That’s the motive.
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by Rhaspody(m): 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2018
This people are getting it wrong. the term U.K used phones is used to describe phones not brand new and used overseas. it's used to attract more buyers cos of the believe that anything used in the UK has higher quality compared to Nigerian used. Most of these so called UK used phones are even china refurbished phones. not even gotten from UK..
Re: Nigerian Gangs Make Millions From Phones Stolen In UK - SunUK by ebby9z(m): 12:45pm On Apr 03, 2018
Boss13:

That’s the annoying part of it. Tech starve middle class - that’s an insult. Nigerian middle class don’t buy used phones. If there is one thing Nigerian middle class is good for is to show off their new phones. Phone manufacturers are very aware of this. However, they want to continue painting Nigeria as a backward country to sell their motives. Ignorant whites.

Let them go and fix their crime problems. Let me even state that London is just like Lagos, dirty, crowded/congested. I have seen hawkers and beggars on the streets of London and they were not blacks. As I write this, I’m in traffic congestion. The only difference between London and Lagos is the organization. Apart from that, it’s trash with cold and rain falling almost everyday.

Historically, London has always been a very dirty and ugly city. They merely improved after the industrial revolution. Now, it's sinking back into its old ways. It's very appalling and annoying when they spew rubbish about blacks and Eastern Europe while trying to exonerate themselves. A typical English person believes he is better than every other person on earth.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Locks 2 Children Inside Water Drum For Eating Neighbour’s Food / Man Unlocks A Phone Without Demanding For Its Receipt, Lands In Police Detention / Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.