Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,406 members, 7,861,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:25 AM

Fela Kuti Is Still The Best - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Fela Kuti Is Still The Best (683 Views)

Fela Kuti: 15 Year Anniversary: Your Favourite Fela Lyrics And Quotes Here / Fela Kuti Is Still The Best / Fela Kuti Audio And Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela Kuti Is Still The Best by lipuka(m): 11:35am On May 07, 2010
A musical, by the name  Fela, has just won a Tony award at Broadway in the United States of America. The musical is about the life of Nigerian musician Fela Kuti, and this comes many years after his death.

There are not many Nigerians today who know much about Fela Kuti, but he was a giant during his day. There are very few musicians in Nigeria, and indeed in Africa, who will ever reach his level. And I can bet, that there will be very few of the present generation of musicians who will be remembered for as long as Fela will be, or whose music will be as enduring.

Fela Kuti did not play music to follow a trend, as many do today. He set a trend, that no one is able to follow. He stood upto, and spoke against injustice. The present day musician on the other hand will see and hear no evil, concentrating on love instead.

Fela Kuti will continue to be a giant among musicians. It is embarrassing that while Fela can win an award, even posthumously abroad, not much is done in his memory in Africa, not even his motherland. Can someone in  Nigeria name a street after him, or put up a statue somewhere, or even a monument or library?
Re: Fela Kuti Is Still The Best by smile4kenn(m): 8:43pm On May 08, 2010
I believe u die
Re: Fela Kuti Is Still The Best by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 14, 2010
Re: Fela Kuti Is Still The Best by emofine(f): 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2010
Nice one lipuka wink

I know I'm very late but early this month I went to see the London version of the play and I'll rate it 6/10. If u wanna have fun or feeling nostalgic it wouldn't be so bad to visit but it's not too accurate and the pidgin and yoruba is simplified. cool
Re: Fela Kuti Is Still The Best by neowelsh(m): 7:04pm On Dec 18, 2010
pls who sang, U S A beautiful x2 loving you feel so good.

i love dat song where can i download it. thanks
Re: Fela Kuti Is Still The Best by Hardballer(m): 10:07pm On Dec 18, 2010
fela >>
Re: Fela Kuti Is Still The Best by Bamsyle2(m): 12:55am On Dec 19, 2010
@OP

Very true.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Music Forum / Nas Lays Heartfelt Verses On Nneka’s Heartbeat. / D’banj And Don Jazzy Shoot “mr Endowed” Remix Video With Snoop Dogg In La

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.