Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning (27369 Views)

See The Baby Owl We Caught While Playing On The School Field / Rare Orange-Eyed Owl Not Seen For Almost 125 Years Is Spotted In Malaysia (Pics) / The Owl's Long Legs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by MrMakaveli20(m): 1:22pm On Apr 04, 2018
Barbeque at your own peril
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by henryfayoul1(m): 1:24pm On Apr 04, 2018
Blueeyedboi:
Strange Bird Killed In My Office This Morning...

Good morning nairalanders....this bird was killed a few minutes ago in my office... Please help me identify it's edible status before I proceed to barbeque it... Thanks in anticipation.. grin grin

front page please...
evil bird.
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by DrHighchief(m): 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ghen ghen......dey have come.......
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by chuckdee4(m): 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2018
Something that keeps the population of rats down

1 Like

Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by iamtardey: 1:41pm On Apr 04, 2018
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by iamtardey: 1:41pm On Apr 04, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
wetin do you?
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by opribo(m): 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2018
How did the bird find its way into your office, was your windows open all night.

Anyway, our elders say a small boy doesn't know jazz so he calls it vegetable. Go and eat it and tells us the outcome. Shioor.
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2018
That's a barn owl. They have the distinctive round disc around their heads, and they have the widest global distribution. They're fairly common in Nigeria and mostly hunt rodents like rats. Last year, one got caught in the rat gum I placed on the balcony to catch a big rat that was disturbing our peace. It clearly got stuck while trying to extract the trapped rat. Before I could even find a stick to free it, our gateman had already smashed its head.
You must not kill every wildlife creature you see. Nigerians have to learn to live in harmony with nature and stop behaving like savages. Everyone should grow up with a healthy respect for nature. That's why it baffles me when I see people in the South South communities killing dolphins, manatees (didn't even know it existed here till I saw many Nairaland pictures of those who killed them), sea turtles etc. How the fucckk can anyone harm a dolphin?

3 Likes

Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by GuntersChain(m): 1:58pm On Apr 04, 2018
Why not check the market value instead of consuming it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by Macmoni(m): 1:58pm On Apr 04, 2018
oh......poor innocent owl

1 Like

Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by beaversticks(m): 2:00pm On Apr 04, 2018
Welcome to Nigeria where owl is the official bed of witches and wizards....
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 04, 2018
your village people are after you.
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by bezimo(m): 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2018
Withcracft things and owl and cat are like 5&6.
I am not ignorant..maybe your village people sent it..Lol
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by kmaster007: 2:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
village pple re spying on you
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by holythug(m): 2:41pm On Apr 04, 2018
This is just a BARN OWL....Nigerians and spirituality

1 Like

Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by deaomod: 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2018
why!!!!, must we kill everything...... na wah oh

1 Like

Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by towyeenbell2: 3:44pm On Apr 04, 2018
Awwww what a poor beautiful bird ,I mean what is wrong with us about these creatures liking or associating them to evils.
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by friendlyenemy: 3:52pm On Apr 04, 2018
Come along and click the signature if you wanna get first class free tutorials and tools that matches all kind of hustle..... If you know you know.
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by bakila: 3:57pm On Apr 04, 2018
twilliamx:
Which one be strange bird, is it not an owl, why u kan dey call am strange bird, you guys just killed the poor thing just because of your fetish beliefs. Rest in peace owl.
Seems like you will send flowers to that spot.
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by periphetes: 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2018
Lol � funny comment, this is just a barn owl which was probably chasing a prey and got trapped in your office..
Hmmn, Op are you really that holy to think this is a village attack that failed to get you? ���

Mehn Naija serious hunger in the land. Almost every creature has suddenly become edible to us. May we not see war what will people start to eat? undecided

1 Like

Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by Bjgirl1: 5:17pm On Apr 04, 2018
OMG! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Untainted007:
This an Owl. Nigerians must you eat everything? No go eat someone's grandma that missed their way back home from meeting. Lol
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by Baroba(m): 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
omohayek:

Because most Nigerians are both ignorant and totally lacking in regard for life, whether that be the life of another human being or a harmless owl going about its business. The saddest thing about the OP's act is that owls feed primarily on vermin like mice and rats, so this act of killing has removed one more predator helping to keep the rodent population down for free.

It's astonishing how ignorant so many Nigerians remain, in an age when all they have to do to learn about things they don't know is turn to Google or Wikipedia.

I couldn't have said it better..God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by tonididdy(m): 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2018
This thing don first shit for my head before
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by labelle123(f): 8:19pm On Apr 04, 2018
Finally village people don come
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by DavIkenna(m): 6:30am On Apr 05, 2018
Blueeyedboi:
..I don't believe in the existence of village people...what you don't know won't kill ya.... grin grin

Blueeyedboi:
..I don't believe in the existence of village people...what you don't know won't kill ya.... grin grin

KokoThey exist. Owls can b controlled by witches same as human. Humans can tame animals as well, they are all skills. But it doesn't mean one should be scared of birds. Loves always eradicates evil. Show some love to the world around u and it wont let evil pass tru it to u.
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by sulakishop(m): 7:57am On Apr 05, 2018
The meat sweet die but I hope it's not from Benin sha
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by erico2k2(m): 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2018
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Yes, birds ain't spiritual but spiritual beings turn them spiritual by taking over the birds with their souls.
Witches normally turn to birds to attend meetings at their covers but also turn to other animals to commit evil.
I don't give a Fick for a disclaimer but that's the truth as I know it.
So if U have a choice of turning into an Animal for one night you will turn into an Olw ? Wetin do Tiger or an Eagle ?
Re: See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning by naturefellow(m): 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
Thegeneralqueen:
Make sure you burn that bird cause it looks spiritual sad
nonsense! That's a frigging barn owl

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1,800-Year-Old Roman Camp Unearthed At 'Armageddon' In Israel (Photos) / Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite / Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.