Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Some Common Misconceptions In My Place. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Common Misconceptions In My Place. (424 Views)

Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas / ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group / Here Are 5 Common Misconceptions About Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Common Misconceptions In My Place. by Josephjnr(m): 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2018
Fun time,share some native misconceptions about some group in your tribe or village.

Thanks to our elders who were experts in making up stories, these are some misconceptions in my place:

-Youbas don't have special regard for passing stool. One can just pass stool anywhere and anytime. The most surprising one is,if a Yoruba child accidentally passed stool into a soup an elder is eating, he will just stare it up to mix it well and continue eating.

-Fulanis are the greatest archers in the world. They use a single arrow and each time they shoot it,the arrow will hit the target (death is sure) and return back to them. Surprisingly, if you forcefully attack them with the same arrow,it will have no effect on them.

-Calaber people eat humans. They always have a seat reserved for strangers. When you accidentally sit on the seat you will go straight into their large pot made for cooking humans.

-All white Americans have a serious kind of body odour that can make any black man who touches or come in contact with any of them sick.

-Some say Nupe people,others say Agatu people are the most terrifying warriors we know. There is a believe that during battle,you won't see them. They will be invincible and from their state of invincibility will be decapitating(quickly removing the heads) of their enemies. So to fight them is to die.

Share yours.

(1) (Reply)

Feminism Needs Men / The Rise And Rise Of Ati Annang At 25 / Should The Statues Of Past Slave Traders In Nigeria Be Pulled Down?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.