Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Writer Maya Angelou Honoured In Google’s Doodle - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writer Maya Angelou Honoured In Google’s Doodle (814 Views)

Ola Rotimi: Google Celebrates Nigerian Playwrighter With A Doodle / New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta / Google: Why We Honoured Chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Writer Maya Angelou Honoured In Google’s Doodle by itsandi(m): 12:30pm On Apr 04, 2018
Today, Dr Maya Angelou is honoured by Google for her 90th birthday and Google is celebrating with a beautiful rendition of her famous poem Still I Rise using a doodle.

The video doodle includes Angelou’s own voice, along with the voices of her son Guy Johnson, Oprah Winfrey, Alicia Keys and others, reciting her poem ‘Still I Rise’.

The video doodle includes her own voice along with the voices of other individuals whose lives she has inspired like her son Guy Johnson, Oprah Winfrey, Laverne Cox, Alicia Keys, America Ferrera, and Martina McBride.

Maya Angelou has been a source of inspirstion for many people with her books, poetry and activism.

Alicia Keys calls her a “renaissance woman,” while 14-time Grammy nominee McBride says that Angelou inspired her to write her own songs. Winfrey, who has called Angelou a mentor, says that “Maya Angelou is not what she has done or written or spoken, it’s how she did it all.”

View it the doodle HERE

Still I Rise is about resilience and strength: “You may shoot me with your words/You may cut me with your eyes/You may kill me with your hatefulness/But still, like air, I’ll rise.”

Angeloue is the author of more than 30 books and the recipient of more than 50 honorary degrees.

She died on 28 May, 2014 aged 86. Today would have been her 90th birthday.

SOURCE: http://tushstories.com/news/maya-angelou-honoured-in-googles-doodle/

#Read

Re: Writer Maya Angelou Honoured In Google’s Doodle by itsandi(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2019
A story you would love to enjoy�� �
https://www.tushstories.com/Stained-Cassock-799
#crime #lust #holy #crimethriller #erotica #storytelling #story
#Tushstories

(1) (Reply)

A Step-by-step Guide For Publishing On Okadabooks - Picture Guide / To Keep My Home / After ‘I Do’ – Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.