Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

He Taught Us To Be Brave - Dr. Martin Luther King - Gbetu Tv - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / He Taught Us To Be Brave - Dr. Martin Luther King - Gbetu Tv (273 Views)

Ihor Zhovka Invites President Biden To Kyiv Next Week If He Is Brave / FBI Sent A Letter To Martin Luther King To Kill Himself In 1964 / Dr. Martin Luther King And Black Greeks Ruined Economy For American Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Taught Us To Be Brave - Dr. Martin Luther King - Gbetu Tv by FadakaLouis(m): 8:52pm On Apr 04, 2018
Fifty years ago today, I was with Robert Kennedy in Indianapolis when we heard that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. had been shot and killed.

The leader of our movement for civil rights was gone, assassinated on April 4, 1968, in Memphis.

And I believe something died in all of us that day. Something died in America.

But I've also always held the belief that what he left us — the way of hope, the way of peace, the way of love, a philosophy and discipline rooted in nonviolence — cannot be taken away. These things are eternal.

On Monday, I had the privilege of meeting with President Obama and a group of young men in Washington, D.C. for a My Brother's Keeper Alliance roundtable. Together, we commemorated the legacy of Dr. King, celebrated his life, and looked to the future.

I believe we can always do more to embody the teachings of Dr. King, not just on the anniversary of his death, but every day.

And young people are demonstrating that spirit to us. They are organizing and speaking up. They're marching. They're demanding more for themselves and their generation.

And so I had a message for the young folks I met with this week.

cont. reading http://www.gbetutv.com/2018/04/he-taught-us-to-be-brave-dr-martin.html

(1) (Reply)

Ministry Of Home Affairs , At Stake..|indian Cyber Army / How Nelson Mandela & Wife Winnie Sacrificed Matrimony For Black Struggle / 3 In Kansas Convicted In Plot To Bomb Somalis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.