Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police (7078 Views)

Busola Dakolo & Fatoyinbo: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Court Throws Out Rape Case / Busola Dakolo Loses Rape Case Against Fatoyinbo, Court Asks Her To Pay N1M / Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by OEPHIUS(m): 9:07pm On Apr 04, 2018
The Enugu State Police Command, Wednesday, dispelled reported rape of at least 20 ladies at a musical concert, which featured popstar, Chinedu Okoli, popularly known as Flavour in the State.
The concert , which held at the Michael Okpara Square, Enugu on Saturday, ended with news circulating in the media that 20 ladies were raped.

However, spokesman of the Police in the State, SP Ebere Amaraizu told DAILY POST that neither the State command headquarters nor any of its division had received report from any victim over the reported rape.

Amaraizu, who wondered how the news was generated, said mischief could not be ruled out as those behind it must have had the evil intention to cast put terror in the minds of the law abiding members of the public and also paint security operatives, the State Government and the organizers in bad light.

“There is no reported case anywhere in the Enugu State Police command. We don’t have any incident arising from that event; whoever that has any should come forward, and we will look at it.

“That event was organized by Flavour as a way of giving back to the society, because he grew up here in Enugu.

“We won’t want a situation where people sit down somewhere and manufacture stories because he who asserts must also prove.

“You even begin to ask yourself, those people that quoted number of the rape victims as 20, how they did do they counting? Does it mean they were following the rapists around the taking the data? Or the victims were assembled at one place and raped? Who are these victims?

“So, people cannot just sit down and say 1000 persons have been raped whereas there is no evidence to substantiate that. People are just abusing the social media because I understand that someone just tweeted it and it began to spread,” he stated.

While noting that “the handiwork of mischief makers cannot be ruled out”, the PPRO further stated that “these are people who are always there to cause panic in the minds of law-abiding residents of the State, to cause terror in the their mind and to rubish the good work being done by the security agents and the State Government.

“So, as far the command in concerned, we do not have any reported case of rape arising from that event or after the event. Any person who has any claim on the contrary should come up with it and we will take it up from there.

“It is quite lamentable and disgusting for people to wallow in such imagination and feed the public with it.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/04/04/flavours-concert-no-rape-case-command-enugu-police/
Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by Yankiss(m): 9:13pm On Apr 04, 2018
FTC once again. There is no smoke without fire. The report ought to be thoroughly investigated. Many rape victims do not report for fear of being stigmatized. Because a celebrity is in the mix - we cannot assume Chinedu Okolie alias Flavour is involved - Police should not turn the other way. They should thoroughly do their investigations. Rape is terribly prevalent. There seems no serious deterrents to would be rapists. Too sad!!!

4 Likes

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by Asquare84(m): 9:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
Really
Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by Homeboiy: 9:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
I know my state is not bad
they can't pull us Down

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by marsh4332(m): 9:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
Sucur Sucur!
Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by kollinpowel(m): 9:16pm On Apr 04, 2018
What were you expecting the police to say ? That it's was reported to them and they didn't act , abeg next topic.

1 Like

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by Flexherbal(m): 9:16pm On Apr 04, 2018
“We won’t want a situation where people sit down somewhere and manufacture stories because he who asserts must also prove. "
Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:16pm On Apr 04, 2018
So no one has come to report and most igbo women are on Facebook calling igbo men rapists. Igbo women are very foolish really.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by TheLawTheLegal: 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2018
It is really surprising that some dimwits who go by the name ''Feminists'', chose to paint all Igbo mem as rapists, solely on an instagram account by an unknown idiot.

It is more annoying that majority of the girls who have 'yabbed' the Igbomen for the past few days are Igbo girls. These are probably the Igbo girls the Yoruba people describe as having hairs all over their body with yam legs.

Now it has been confirmed that no one has made a report of an alleged rape to the police. It is now left for any victim to make a report to the police.

It is on record that the police have a way of not making public those who have been raped, and even when the matter is taken to court, the judge may take the evidence of the victim in camera. So any victim should be assured of her protection.

The person who started this destructive rumour should be arrested and those Igbo girls who joined other tribes in castigating Igbo men can now hide their faces in shame while pouring ashes on their heads as a sign of repentance from their stupidity.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by chibike69: 9:19pm On Apr 04, 2018
sexual harassment concert
Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by DTalented(m): 9:23pm On Apr 04, 2018
Yankiss:
FTC once again. There is no smoke without fire. The report ought to be thoroughly investigated. Many rape victims do not report for fear of being stigmatized. Because a celebrity is in the mix - we cannot assume Chinedu Okolie alias Flavour is involved - Police should not turn the other way. They should thoroughly do their investigations. Rape is terribly prevalent. There seems no serious deterrents to would be rapists. Too sad!!!
No rape case has been reported by anyone so how do you expect them to succeed with the investigation? Gather all the girls that went there and start asking them one after the other?
Let those who came up with the news and all those spreading it come up with proof to start with.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by vickzie(m): 9:31pm On Apr 04, 2018
sad thesame police that said few days ago that they arrested a suspect. Maybe they arrested innocent passersby as usual. That wouldn't stop them from collecting bail(IGR) sha

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by Yankiss(m): 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2018
DTalented:

No rape case has been reported by anyone so how do you expect them to succeed with the investigation? Gather all the girls that went there and start asking them one after the other?
Let those who came up with the news and all those spreading it come up with proof to start with.

Take in those who came up with the allegations for a start. Ok?
Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by johncallidon(m): 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2018
TheLawTheLegal:
It is really surprising that some dimwits who go by the name ''Feminists'', chose to paint all Igbo mem as rapists, solely on an instagram account by an unknown idiot.

It is more annoying that majority of the girls who have 'yabbed' the Igbomen for the past few days are Igbo girls. These are probably the Igbo girls the Yoruba people describe as having hairs all over their body with yam legs.

Now it has been confirmed that no one has made a report of an alleged rape to the police. It is now left for any victim to make a report to the police.

It is on record that the police have a way of not making public those who have been raped, and even when the matter is taken to court, the judge may take the evidence of the victim in camera. So any victim should be assured of her protection.

The person who started this destructive rumour should be arrested and those Igbo girls who joined other tribes in castigating Igbo men can now hide their faces in shame while pouring ashes on their heads as a sign of repentance from their stupidity.

Am speechless and helpless for our women.
why paint us black like this nah?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by Desdola(m): 9:57pm On Apr 04, 2018
The police raised some valid. How did the person come about the number of persons raped? And none of the so called victims have reported any case of rape to the police. The abuse of social media should stop.

2 Likes

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by Customer80: 9:58pm On Apr 04, 2018
We ain't rapist o

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by Customer80: 10:00pm On Apr 04, 2018
Police should have arrested Adetoun to provide more clue on the rape propaganda

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by SoNature(m): 10:00pm On Apr 04, 2018
kollinpowel:
What were you expecting the police to say ? That it's was reported to them and they didn't act , abeg next topic.

The police in Nigeria doesn't hide rape cases - they have nothing to lose.

The problem is the victims because they don't report rape cases as a result of societal stigma

1 Like

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by Eketem: 10:06pm On Apr 04, 2018
vickzie:
sad thesame police that said few days ago that they arrested a suspect. Maybe they arrested innocent passersby as usual. That wouldn't stop them from collecting bail(IGR) sha

This should even make you doubt the story more. If police could arrest someone for attempted rape in the same concert how is it possible that 20 rapes will go on and no arrests made

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by lajuto: 10:07pm On Apr 04, 2018
Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:12pm On Apr 04, 2018
SoNature:

The police in Nigeria doesn't hide rape cases - they have nothing to lose.

The problem is the victims because they don't report rape cases as a result of societal stigma

They are to report to police not society.
The victim's details won't be announced

1 Like

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 04, 2018
Yankiss:

How possible is it to rape more than 20 women in a public place

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by Yankiss(m): 10:34pm On Apr 04, 2018
PrecisionFx:

How possible is it to rape more than 20 women in a public place

I am not a cop. The investigation is for cops. Those alleging should be pulled in to substantiate their allegations, failing which they should be slammed with false information. A lot of shit happen in this country to just ignore any lead. QED.
Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by blastac: 10:49pm On Apr 04, 2018
The gal that started the trend online should be asked to provide the details of any of the victims since she said Dy where 20 which means she had time to count them and got to know talk 2 dem..

2 Likes

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by Feraz(m): 11:21pm On Apr 04, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
So no one has come to report and most igbo women are on Facebook calling igbo men rapists. Igbo women are very foolish really.
While I don't agree with the generalization, I am as shocked as you are. I logged into FB today to see how "Igbo men are rapists" was trending. And then, you add a supposed foolish biased poll conducted by a certain Nkechi Bianze and how intolerant she is of diverse opinions.

1 Like

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 04, 2018
Yankiss:

I am not a cop. The investigation is for cops. Those alleging should be pulled in to substantiate their allegations, failing which they should be slammed with false information. A lot of shit happen in this country to just ignore any lead. QED.

Oga no de talk wetin u no no. Which one na QED U dey ur house de shout QED. I didn't attend the show, u don't even know the venue of the show n ur here yarning dust.

People have sex in shows here in enugu, people have sex in Father Mbakas adoration ground. It's something Nigerians casually do. Seeing 1000 condoms on the ground doesn't suggest rape, rather it suggests people had sex.

Rapists do not use condoms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:27pm On Apr 04, 2018
Feraz:
While I don't agree with the generalization, I am as shocked as you are. I logged into FB today to see how "Igbo men are rapists" was trending. And then, you add a supposed foolish biased poll conducted by a certain Nkechi Bianze and how intolerant she is of diverse opinions.
Nkechi bianze is a very bitter old single feminist. I just pity the fools who will believe and follow what she says. Very big idiot.

2 Likes

Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by Yankiss(m): 11:33pm On Apr 04, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Oga no de talk wetin u no no. Which one na QED U dey ur house de shout QED. I didn't attend the show, u don't even know the venue of the show n ur here yarning dust.

People have sex in shows here in enugu, people have sex in Father Mbakas adoration ground. It's something Nigerians casually do. Seeing 1000 condoms on the ground doesn't suggest rape, rather it suggests people had sex.

Rapists do not use condoms

My brother, I am NOT the one that alleged rape took place. I just read it like you on this thread. If you didn't attend the show, how do u assume no rape? I said the obvious. Police should do their duty. Allegation came from a quarter. Start there. That is safer than arm chair policing and guesswork which me and you are obviously doing now.
Re: Flavour’s Concert: No Rape Case In Our Command – Enugu Police by Feraz(m): 11:44pm On Apr 04, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

Nkechi bianze is a very bitter old single feminist. I just pity the fools who will believe and follow what she says. Very big idiot.
I wonder why those who follow many of these FB 'celebs' don't use their heads sometimes. Always a 'yes' ma/sir to them.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cardi B Performs In Bathrobe After Her Jumpsuit Split On Stage (photos) / Teen Called Out For Wearing A Bikini After Running From Saudi To Canada / Top 5 Most Curvy Nollywood Actresses(pinchures inclusive)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.