Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,219 members, 7,953,807 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:04 AM

Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst (4051 Views)

How Do One Know A Catalyst Has Being Removed From A Honda 04 Accord Aka EOD / Man Filmed Driving A Self-made Car On The Streets Of Lagos (photos) / Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst by LeJeun3: 8:24am On Apr 08, 2018
erico2k2:

your heated O2 sensor is after your cat in these BMW, so wrong readings streight away. which means no accurate Air fuel mix ratio, you want me to go on? grin grin

Air-fuel mix affect fuel consumption more than engine performance.....

There is a 2012 710Li with straight pipes.

Re: Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst by thebigkendo(m): 8:27am On Apr 08, 2018
mayor2013:

Let him continue arguing blindly there. He wants me to tutor him on this while he uses his internet to go on attacking what is not.

Bros I am/was not arguing.. I just wanted to learn something new, I guess "cartalk" is not internet yeah?
Ericko2k2 has don justice..cheers boss

erico2k2:

your heated O2 sensor is after your cat in these BMW, so wrong readings streight away. which means no accurate Air fuel mix ratio, you want me to go on? grin grin

Interesting
So how do does engine measure "CAT efficency"??
Re: Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst by aieromon(m): 8:27am On Apr 08, 2018
ajoks533:
OK... The story got a bit twisted now and I have been having serious headache... I was supposed to go pick my car up on Friday evening.

On getting to where my dear car was, I was told that the worst has happened. "Oga, I go test the car finish, brought it back for the panel beater to work on the exhaust as it was leaking, he started the car and fired it and the car gave one sound and stopped... Since then it has refused to revolve"

I was left in a confused state, weda to slap him or hit him with an iron I saw lying on the ground. I just summoned courage and left the place. Called the colleague who directed me to the guy and told him to call his mech to fix my car before Thursday or face my other side.

Am just heartbroken right now.

shocked shocked shocked

The same Kazeem that took a decision on your behalf?

His village people must be laughing somewhere now.
Re: Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 9:02am On Apr 08, 2018
LeJeun3:

Air-fuel mix affect fuel consumption more than engine performance.....

There is a 2012 710Li with straight pipes.

Yes U are right but you know its like a small cough not treated, it develops into something else, I have one of the E46 as we speak, this is waht I drive daily since I locked up the Range, I am suffering these symptoms as we speak, a year now, your BMW starts depritiating daily at very slow pace with minor faults.U see that ur air fuel ratio, when you start to fail it and leave it for too lo ng, your timing get messed up cos of ur variable timing and then shyte get messy, u begin to get hessitation and then things start playing with ur ECU thinking al sort trying to correct things. the list is endless.To cut lo ng story short, I had to recon my Engine,its even worse o n DIesel Engines.

1 Like

Re: Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 9:04am On Apr 08, 2018
Kingdante:

Already did...... but u can’t say the mesh is totally useless tho
Totaly Useless,infact useless than bad fuel.It will rust and cause more blocade, the Metals inside ur cat COnv, convert poisenus fumes into harmless one, thats the only work they do, They are special alloys.
Re: Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst by mayor2013: 10:30am On Apr 08, 2018
ajoks533:
OK... The story got a bit twisted now and I have been having serious headache... I was supposed to go pick my car up on Friday evening. I called a family friend who sales car parts at Aba Auto Spare Parts Market. He said I can actually use a center Cat from a different car at cheap price to replace the cat under the car and the 'Y' shaped Cat... He advised I should by the original Cat for the front. I enquired from 2 other mechanics and I was told I can go ahead with the plan.
On getting to where my dear car was, I was told that the worst has happened. "Oga, I go test the car finish, brought it back for the panel beater to work on the exhaust as it was leaking, he started the car and fired it and the car gave one sound and stopped... Since then it has refused to revolve"
I was left in a confused state, weda to slap him or hit him with an iron I saw lying on the ground. I just summoned courage and left the place. Called the colleague who directed me to the guy and told him to call his mech to fix my car before Thursday or face my other side.
Am just heartbroken right now.

Where is that man talking about using mesh in place of catalytic converter. Can you learn from this man. Engine has locked up finally . Time to buy another. In case you need one I can supply you an engine grin
Re: Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 10:41am On Apr 08, 2018
mayor2013:

Where is that man talking about using mesh in place of catalytic converter. Can you learn from this man. Engine has locked up finally . Time to buy another. In case you need one I can supply you an engine grin
Bross U BADT

Re: Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2018
mayor2013:

Pull off from recent vehicles you would have yourself to blame
You are damn wrong sir.
Re: Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst by mayor2013: 4:53pm On Apr 08, 2018
tpacalipse:
You are damn wrong sir.

I still do not need to argue about this sir.follow the simple write up there and gain something meaningful. Modern vehicles have started indicating bad catalytic converter on the CID if missing. Here is a link for you belwow to digest. When you buy a modern car remove yours ok. Have even seen a case where one was removed and car started to misfire badly

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/what-does-the-catalytic-converter-warning-light-mean-by-spencer-cates
Re: Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst by ajoks533: 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2018
mayor2013:

no mesh was installed and car was still at the mechanics shop.
Re: Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:19pm On Apr 16, 2018
ajoks533:
no mesh was installed and car was still at the mechanics shop.

ur fam frnd spare parts dealer is right

any cat can fit the secondary cat under the vehicle

but u must buy correct fit for the primary cat which is usually in front

BTW that guy working on ur car is not a mechanic, he's a mad man
Re: Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst by tayoadewole9: 9:57pm On Apr 16, 2018
Yeah you can, the difference is that your car would consume more fuel than when you have the catalyst converter.
Re: Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:37am On Apr 21, 2018
Can any one take a picture of the spacer mine has been removed too

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? / Citreon Jumper Or Fiat Ducato, Which Is Better For 3rd Party Logistics. / Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.