Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (15449 Views)

30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Underlying Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 10:58pm On Apr 05, 2018
Good day people. This is a new novelette by me. As usual, it will be a short novelette with short chapters, and I will complete it in 3-4 weeks...plus or minus.

2 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 11:00pm On Apr 05, 2018
Tiwatope’s Redemption
By
Kayode Odusanya

© 2018 Kayode Odusanya

Chapter 1

The small room had two colors; grey on two opposite sides, and white on the other two opposite sides. The reading table and a bed took up most of the space in the room, with duffel bags here and there on the rug. She sat naked in bed, with a lit cigarette in her left hand and a silver colored iPad in her right. The extremely dark skinned guy beside her looked dead till he rolled over on his side. She looked at him briefly and as she brought her focus back to the screen of the tab in her hand; she saw a red dot on her left breast. She let the iPad drop to her lap and looked at the mark intensely with a frown on her face. Her mind went back to a few minutes ago when she was making love to David, and she remembered he had been nibbling too hard on her small perky breast. Gently, she rubbed the spot and looked at him angrily.

The lit end of the cigarette had burnt a whole lot and she shook her hand slowly to let the ash drop in the glass ashtray on the bedside stool. Sting’s ‘English Man in New York’ came on the radio, and although she wasn’t familiar with classic song, its beat and sweet melody made her start bobbing her head. She took a drag from her cigarette and exhaled smoke in the air.

Towards the middle point of the song, the beat changed to a hard knocking 80s hip hop beat for a few second, and it got her more hyped up. She dropped the iPad on her friend’s back and started dancing in bed. The end of the song had the singer repeating same thing over and over, and with time, she found herself singing along with him, repeating the words, ‘be yourself, no matter what they say.’
When the song ended, she didn’t feel like sticking around any longer, and she shook David, but from the look of things, she knew he wasn’t waking up any time soon. She picked her tab from his back, killed the cigarette on the ashtray, and got out of bed. Her denim jeans and white spaghetti top were on his reading chair, but she couldn’t find her bag anywhere. She sat back on the bed, and reached for her black bra and panties on the black duffel bag beside the bed.

A dog started barking outside as she moved around, dressing up, and looking for her bag at the same time. She briefly checked her time and saw it was 10:45pm. ‘Shiit!’ she cursed under her breath and hastened her search. Tucked underneath the fluffy pillow she had been resting her back on was her big red bag. She shook her head as she unzipped it, threw her iPad in it, zipped up the bag, and swung it around her shoulder. She was about exiting the room but stopped and walked back in; rushed to the table, grabbed a pen and scribbled something quickly on a jotter, tore out the page she had written in, and walked over to place it on the bed beside David. She looked at him sleeping for a few seconds, and then turned around to leave the room.

David lived in a boys’ quarter room, so, she was facing the dark of the night once she walked out the door. A few meters in front of her was the building that housed the bathroom. In between the two buildings was overgrown weed about ankle high, with a small clear path in the middle that indicated where people usually walked through to get to the bathroom. To her right was a bushy path, and the parking lot to the left. She sighed, let go of the door handle, and walked towards her little blue Nissan Micra.

There was a puddle of water in her path from the earlier rains of that day, so she climbed a little heap of gravel to her left to avoid getting her shoes wet. She caught a reflection of something to her left; she almost jumped out of her skin when she saw a guy in white t shirt standing still a few meters away from her. She panicked and quickened her pace towards her car, but she slipped on the gravel, and almost like he was using a magnet to get her to him, she slid all the way to the left, till she fell into his arms. ‘Hi?’ he said with a smile and her scream echoed through the night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by dammyd46(m): 5:15am On Apr 06, 2018
beautiful, love the way you keep describing everything from the room to the wet ground just perfect..... following

2 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 3:29pm On Apr 06, 2018
Chapter 2

He pulled her back, restrained her from running, and covered her mouth. She struggled, tried to get out of his grip. She was petite, but her full curly hair was getting in his face and it was a battle trying to hold on to her. She stopped struggling when she heard him say, “Tiwatope, we're in the same department.” He slowly removed his arm from around her waist, and then quietly said, “Promise not to scream?” She nodded and he let go of her mouth. She turned around and got a good look at him. She recognized him as one of the less popular guys in her class; a skinny and tall guy that was called scarecrow behind his back. “What are you doing out here this late?” He asked.
“I…you scared the shiit out of me.” She said in a low voice and frowned at him. “What are you doing standing here in the middle of the night?” A few doors could be heard being opened at the staff quarters building in front of them. She turned around and looked towards the place.
“I was looking for my dog.” He said.
She turned back to him with a quizzical look on her face before saying, “Okay. Good luck with that. I got to go.”

She thought his story was bullshit, but didn’t want to question him any further, not wanting to find out what she didn’t want to know. “I’m sorry, my friend scared me.” She said to the concerned middle aged lecturer outside his door. The chubby man in his sky blue pyjamas shook his head before turning around and walking back into his apartment. She took one last look at him before opening and getting into her car. He was still standing in the same spot. It freaked her out.

Tiwatope turned the key in the ignition, and her hearth skipped a beat when the car didn’t start. But on the second try, it came to life. When she looked his way again, he waved at her. She reluctantly waved back as she drove out of the parking lot.

……….

Tiwatope had switched her phone to airplane mode when she decided to hook up with David earlier in the day, and as she turned it back to normal mode, she got a barrage of text messages; mostly from Tayo, her supposed boyfriend. He had agreed to an open relationship at the beginning, but the last couple of weeks he had been trying to get them to be monogamous. She skimmed through the message as she kept one eye on the road. Solar powered street lights lit up the length of the campus’s major road. It was a Thursday night, and although it was really late, there was a party outside campus today, and a lot of cars were still on the road.

Her stomach growled, and she frowned. Her right hand robbed her belly for a few seconds, and then she reached out to the glove compartment. Her hand found a chocolate bar she had been forced to buy at a store earlier on in the day because they didn’t have change. She had bought her hands on the top of the steering wheel now as she struggled to tear the chocolate bar open. The first bite she took from it gave her an orgasmic feeling.

Up ahead on the right was her hostel. A dozen cars were parked outside, with people coming and going like it was daytime.

Right at the gate of her hostel was Tayo standing with her bunkie, Rukayat. Tiwatope ducked, but then thought of how stupid it was, since her boyfriend would recognize the car anyway. She pulled up to their side, and she saw Rukayat slowly let go of Tayo’s hand. Tayo had a frown on his face as she came out of the car and walked over to meet them. He had a very intimidating physique, like that of an American wrestler, and anybody that didn’t know him would be scared of him right now, but not Tiwatope.

Rukayat had a smile on her face, obviously feeling guilty for flirting with her friend’s boyfriend. “Where have you been?” Tayo said in a low sinister voice. Tiwatope rolled her eyes and walked past them. Tayo pulled her back towards him. “I’m talking to you.” He said slowly, looking down at her with a mean look on his face. Her mind flashed back to earlier when she had been grabbed same way, and she overreacted by slapping his hand.

Tayo and Rukayat were taken aback as they had never seen her react like that before. “You are not my father.” She backed out and then the shocked look on Tayo’s face changed to one of concern. She turned around and walked slowly towards the hostel gate. Tears rolled down her eyes as she walked up the stairs of her hostel block.

When she got to her floor, she leaned on the veranda and looked down at the activities in the quadrangle. Girls you would have thought to be miss goody two shoes in the day were dressed in clothes that did very little to cover their bodies; boobs pouring out of tops, and asses almost busting out of skirts. “Tiwa baby! What’s up?” A plump girl in blue camouflage t shirt shouted out from downstairs. Tiwatope stylishly wiped the tears off her face with the back of her right hand as she responded with, “I’m cool mami.”
“I’ve been looking all over for you.” The girl said and made a sign with her hand for her friends to walk on.
“Oh! I kinda want to stay in tonight.”
“Come on girl. You know a party ain’t a party without a little Tiwa spirit.”
Tiwa laughed and phlegm came out her nose. She leaned back quickly got out her handkerchief from her bag.
“What do you say? I can ask the guys to wait for like 10 minutes.”
As she wiped her nose, she weighed her options, wondering if she was really about to burst out crying earlier. Not wanting to dwell in any sadness right now, she responded with, “Okay mami! Give me 15 minutes.”
“You got it.”
Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by OlufemiWhit(m): 5:47pm On Apr 06, 2018
I'm here as always......

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
Chapter 3

They had gone off to get an early breakfast after the party, and it was dawn by the time George drove her back to school. She asked him to drop her off a few meters from her hostel gate. Even though she didn't give a rat’s ass what anyone thought of her at this point, she still didn’t like being dropped off by a guy this early in the morning; it went against her independent woman rules.
George was one of her cool male friends who never seemed able to cross the friend-zone with her, and this outing was just like the previous ones; safe. She knew he had been bragging amongst his friends that he had slept with her, but she didn’t care.

It was exactly 7:25am by the time she dropped from George’s black Mercedes Benz, and there were already students rushing off to class. At the club the night before, she had been walking around in jeans and just a white bra top, showing her flat belly; but now she had a denim jacket on, and a face cap she got from Gorge to cover her face. She didn’t think it would do much to hide her identity anyway as her signature full curly black hair always gave her away.

She stopped by a kiosk on the road-side to get peppermint, and as she continued her slow walk to the hostel, someone startled her with, “Hey! What’s up?” She turned around to be face with face with the weird guy from her class she had seen outside David’s room yesterday night. He was wearing an oversize black short sleeve shirt and had a smile on his face. His well combed afro made him appear taller than she had remembered him being. Without responding, she kept walking.

She wondered why he didn’t get the hint, as he kept walking by her side. ‘What the hell is he is so happy about?’ she thought to herself, pissed off at his smiley face.
“Ours is worthy of thanks.” He said all of a sudden.
“What the…” she was saying and stopped to hold her head in pain. “What the hell are you talking about? And why are you following me?”
“Your name; the meaning of your name is ours is worthy of thanks.” She stared at him with a puzzled look on her face as she continued to walk in silence. “I looked it up yesterday.” He added.
“Wait. Why are you looking up my name? Are you some sort of stalker?” They had reached the front of her hostel gate now, and she stopped walking. He still had the silly smile on his face as he crossed to the other side of the road and waved at her.

She stood there, confused, watching him walk away, and then he turned around and said, “See you later. We have Professor Ojo by 9 am.” Disoriented, she opened the peppermint in her hand, popped two in her mouth, and walked into her hostel.

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Ibunkun1(m): 6:44pm On Apr 08, 2018
Wow This Is Cool

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Ann2012(f): 3:14am On Apr 09, 2018
Interesting....waiting for the next update

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 4:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
Chapter 4

The text message read, ‘Tiwa, I can’t deal with your ways any longer. We are over.’ She stared at her phone screen till it went to sleep mode and she saw the bags under her eyes from her reflection on the Samsung’s screen. She sighed, put the phone back in her hand bag, and looked up at the lanky professor gesticulating in front of her. The man said something and laughed. He stopped laughing when no one joined him. Maybe the joke was funny back in 1977, Tiwatope thought to herself. She looked back to see if anyone had understood the joke, but everyone had tired looks on their face. Her eyes caught someone smiling and waving at the extreme right corner in the back, and when she focused, she saw it was the weird guy again. She stared at him with a frown on her face for a few seconds, and then looked away.

Her stomach growled and the girl sitting next to her looked at her with a smile. She smiled back at her. The chocolate bar she ate in her car last night was the last edible she had had; everything that had gone into her system afterwards had been liquid. Her principle was never to party back to back, but she broke her rule yesterday because of some memories that she didn’t want resurfacing.
“Don’t forget your field trip is next week Thursday.” The professor said as he prepared to leave. There was a thunderous “YES SIR!” from the students and the man had a smile on his face as he walked out of the lecture theater. Tiwatope rubbed her eyes as she thought of what to do next. Instinctively, she looked back, towards where her stalker was seated and saw him pushing through a sea of people, heading her way. She quickly grabbed her bag and headed out of the class.

……….

After having a plate of fried rice and chicken at her favorite cafeteria on campus, she felt refreshed. Sitting in the cool joint, picking her teeth with a plastic toothpick, she saw one of her boyfriend’s friends, Chuka driving into the premises. Not wanting to talk to anyone right now, she quickly got up and started heading out. Just as she made it past his white VW Jetta, he yelled out her name, “Tiwa!” She cursed under her breath before turning around with a smile. He got out of his car, leaned on diver’s side door and waved her over. She reluctantly walked over to him. He was about the same size as her boyfriend; tall and buff.

“So, word around campus is that you are now single.” He said with his signature baritone voice as he adjusted the collar of the red Arsenal football jersey he had on. She lifted her eyebrows, like, ‘what are you talking about.’ She was standing a few inches away from him and he pulled her even closer. He smiled a mischievous smile when she got out of his hold and took some steps back. She straightened out the white gown she had on and adjusted her silver wristwatch. “Nothing leaves the circle Tiwa. Nothing leaves the circle.” He said in a low voice. “Do you understand?”

She still had the quizzical look on her face even though she had an idea what he was talking about.

From the corner of her eye, she saw him walking towards them; as usual, he had a smile on his face. She turned to face him and gave him a look that said, you don’t want to get mixed up in this, but he kept approaching.

“Tiwa, is this guy bothering you?” He said as he walked over to her side.
“No…no…” she stuttered.
“Are you sure?” He said as he stepped in front of Tiwatope and sized up Chuks. It was a funny sight. Although he was a few inches taller than Chuks, he was a skinny guy, and anyone looking would bet on Chuks to win in a fight.

Tiwatope pulled him to the side, and in a whisper, said, “Do you know who that guy is? Please, just go.” He smiled and stepped up to Chuks again. “It seems you’re trying to intimidate my friend. You should know better than that.” He said.
Chuks had a smile on his face as he looked from Tiwatope, to the skinny guy in front of him, and then back to Tiwatope.” He laughed lightly and then got in his car. As he backed the car out of the spot he had parked it, he looked at Tiwatope’s savior one last time before zooming off.

2 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by phayvoursky(m): 7:03am On Apr 11, 2018
I'm only interested in the lady on that cover

Life is real not a story book.

Kudos OP

2 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Correspondence(m): 7:03am On Apr 11, 2018
Good

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by talk2rotman(m): 7:06am On Apr 11, 2018
you are going places....kudos

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by darne(m): 7:22am On Apr 11, 2018
Kudos, this is one of the reasons why i always visit romance and literature section to see wonderful pieces like this. Kudos Kayode Odusanya more grease to your elbow.

Looking forward to seeing wonderful posts from you man !

wink wink wink wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by EMMYB0Y(m): 7:40am On Apr 11, 2018
Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 11, 2018
nice story, it is captivating. Well done Sir.

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by samuelkingz(m): 8:26am On Apr 11, 2018
grabs a pack of popcorn and bottle of coke..am here

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by tolfa(m): 8:43am On Apr 11, 2018
he never disappoints#kayode_odusanya...I hope timely completion of this will make up for that 30 days and night story delay....Lols
keep it up bro

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by YINKS89(m): 8:57am On Apr 11, 2018
I arrived early... M suspecting dat guy thou...he might look skinny Bt dangerous.

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 11, 2018
This is the man. Patronize his story, folks, you will not be disappointed.

A dedicated and consistent writer who churns up quality work every time.

I remembered the period when Amazing used authors as ping-pong, when other people were giving up and cutting corners, ladies and gents, this guy did not.

He spent day after day producing high quality work when everyone else turned to copy and paste.

And that's why I designed his book cover.

I say it again, you should patronize this guy on okadabooks.

::::::::::::::::::

I design ebook covers for only one hundred naira ₦100. PM me or check my signature.
https:///2348027329239

I will design your cover in 12 hours flat or it's free. Satisfaction guaranteed.

I can design covers for the following:
•Amazon
•Barnes and Noble
•Kobo
•Apple Store
•Draft2digital
•SmashWords
•Okadabooks
•Inkitt
•Blurb

Payment can be made through any of the following:
•Bank transfer.
•Airtime credit. VTU and pin
•Payoneer
•Skrill
•Neteller
•Perfect Money
•Bitcoin or any crypto currency of any kind.

If you would like to see my portfolio, check my telegram group on my signature. If you want to chat on WhatsApp, https:///2348027329239

You can also quote me.
Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 10:17am On Apr 11, 2018
Freebiez:
This is the man. Patronize his story, folks, you will not be disappointed.

A dedicated and consistent writer who churns up quality work every time.

I remembered the period when Amazing used authors as ping-pong, when other people were giving up and cutting corners, ladies and gents, this guy did not.

He spent day after day producing high quality work when everyone else turned to copy and paste.

And that's why I designed his book cover.

I say it again, you should patronize this guy on okadabooks.

::::::::::::::::::

I design ebook covers for only one hundred naira ₦100. PM me or check my signature.

I will design your cover in 12 hours flat or it's free. Satisfaction guaranteed.

I can design covers for the following:
•Amazon
•Barnes and Noble
•Kobo
•Apple Store
•Draft2digital
•SmashWords
•Okadabooks
•Inkitt
•Blurb

I can also format your documents to epub and mobi formats.

Payment can be made through any of the following:
•Bank transfer.
•Airtime credit. VTU and pin
•Payoneer
•Skrill
•Neteller
•Perfect Money
•Bitcoin or any crypto currency of any kind.

If you would like to see my portfolio, check my telegram group on my signature. If you want to chat on WhatsApp, my number is in my signature.

You can also quote me.

Thanks for the props bro. I really appreciate it. And thanks once again for the lovely cover.

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 10:20am On Apr 11, 2018
darne:
Kudos, this is one of the reasons why i always visit romance and literature section to see wonderful pieces like this. Kudos Kayode Odusanya more grease to your elbow.

Looking forward to seeing wonderful posts from you man !

wink wink wink wink wink wink

Thanks.
Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 10:20am On Apr 11, 2018
tolfa:
he never disappoints#kayode_odusanya...I hope timely completion of this will make up for that 30 days and night story delay....Lols
keep it up bro
smiley
Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 7:07pm On Apr 12, 2018
Chapter 5
She kept her eyes focused on him as she took deep breaths, trying to slow down her heart beat before finally saying, “What’s your name?”
“Tolu.”
“Tolu, are you trying to get yourself killed?” she said and Tolu smiled even more. “This is serious. Why do you keep smiling?” He put his arms in front of his chest in sort of like an upside down V shape fashion, with his left palm wrapped around his balled up right fist. He focused on her as his facial expression went from a smile to a scary frown. She was taken aback for a second, until he started to laugh. “What is wrong with you? I am not trying to have someone’s blood on my hands.” She said and pulled out her phone. “I’ll call my boyfriend…sorry, my ex...I'll call him to straighten things out.”
“Life is ephemeral.”
“What?” She said and stopped what she was doing to look up at him.
“For whoever wants to save their life will lose it.” She stared at him confused, and he went on to add, “That’s from Mathew 16, verse 25.”
“Wait; are you some sort of religious fanatic?” She said, and he laughed lightly. “Is that why you have been following me about? Are you trying to get me to your fellowship or something?”
“No.” He said and laughed a little more. “I saw that Bible verse in a bus yesterday, and it just got stuck in my head.”
She looked towards the gate and looked back at him. “Whatever…dude, you really need to realize the consequences of what you just did.”
He sighed and stared at her for a few seconds before saying, “I came here to eat. Come let me buy you coke or something.”
She looked at him in shock as he walked into the cafeteria nonchalantly, without an atom of fear in him. Her eyes went back to the gate for a second before proceeding to join him inside the cafeteria.

……….

They had been there for about half an hour and the place had gotten scanty over time, with just about half a dozen people eating. Tolu and Tiwatope were seated opposite each other directly under a ceiling fan and her full curly hair made continuous up and down movements. A loud, fast talking man was on the radio, speaking broken English, making up jokes about the poor state of the country. Tolu was explaining to her how his Dad was the dean of student affairs at their university, and that most of the cult members on campus were known by him. But there was really nothing he could do, as some of them had parents who donated millions to the school yearly, so the school couldn’t rusticate them.

He went on to tell her that all the cult boys on campus knew who he was, and that they knew never to mess with him as that would lead to his dad opening a can of worms.

His story was somewhat believable, but she felt there was something else he wasn’t telling her. “So…why have you been following me around?” she asked and the familiar smile came back on his face. Even though he wasn’t so good looking, she found him attractive as he smiled.
“Because…” he started saying, then stopped. He looked into space for a while, and then focused back on her. “I’ll tell you in a couple of days.” He said and got off his seat. She sat there, looking up at him with a scowl on her face. “Come on! Do like me and smile. Life is beautiful; beautiful like you.” He added and slowly, a smile crept up her face.

2 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by YINKS89(m): 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2018
Why won't she smile.. Wen she sees dean pikin.

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Boomboost(m): 12:10pm On Apr 13, 2018
He had to be a cultist, cos Popsman's position isn't enough for all the braggadocio.
Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by queenitee(f): 2:21pm On Apr 13, 2018
Abi he's a cultist himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by skubido(m): 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
D guy fi belong oo...
Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2018
Chapter 6

A complete week had gone by since the cafeteria incidence and Tiwatope hadn’t seen Tolu. She got really scared thinking of what could have happened to him. Chucks had told her he didn’t have anything done to the guy, and even though she knew that would be his response even if he did, she believed him. At a point, she was tempted to get descriptions to Tolu’s house and check on him, but she changed her mind last minute. If something had happened to the son of the school's DSA, news of it would have been everywhere by now, she thought to herself.

Now she was seated at the right rare end of a white Volvo luxury bus with the other students of her department, waiting for the takeoff for their field-trip. She thought he would at least show up for this trip, and even kept a seat for him beside her, but he was a no show. In the bus, up ahead was lanky Professor Ojo, dressed in his usual grey colored Safari suit. Tiwatope wondered if he had many of the same type of suit, or it was the same one he wore all the time. His younger assistant, Mr. Okereke was dressed casually in a sky blue Lacoste polo top, and black jeans. He was in his early thirties and rumor had it that he had slept with more female students than he could count. Apart from being Mr. Tall, dark and handsome, he also helped lazy girls upgrade their exam scores. The reason he had gone on this long without being caught was because anytime the stories would make rounds, the same female students were the ones that defended him. Tiwatope saw him staring at her, and looked away. He just wasn’t her type.

The professor was addressing the crowd now, talking about the two destinations that would be visited during the trip, and asking if anyone had any medical conditions that he needed to know about. The driver fired up the bus engine and the professor was inaudible for a few seconds. Tiwatope was half listening anyway, so she turned to the side to watch her course mates running up to the bus with the fear of being left behind. She undid the topmost button of her deep brown shirt and sat back in her seat. She was drifting off to daydream world when she heard a familiar voice say, “Is there anyone on this seat?” She looked up at him with a smile; he didn't smile back.

……….

They were side by side on the seat just after the back door of the long bus. She wanted to ask him where he had been all these while, but it seemed like he wasn’t in the mood to talk. Asides from the initial greetings, Tiwatope and Tolu had barely said anything to each other. It was odd seeing him with a straight face. He also had a neat haircut, and looked a little more handsome than usual.

She occasionally looked his way, but the expressionless look was still on his face. After a while, she got up, reached into her bag on the luggage rack above and pulled out her iPad. The bus tires entered a pothole and she fell back in her seat abruptly. He smiled and looked her way for a second before looking away. Then he looked at her again; intensely this time. “How long have you had this hairdo?” He said and she turned to look at him with a quizzical look on her face. “You must really like it.” He added.
“What?” She said and ran her fingers through her hair before adding, “This is my real hair.”
His eyes grew bigger in shock, and then he slowly reached for hair. Still not convinced, he looked at her and said, “how come?”
“My…I’m biracial.”
“Oh! I didn’t know that.” He said with excitement in his voice as he waited for her to say more, but she looked out the window of the bus, and their sitting area went quiet again.
She turned to him after a while and asked, “So what happened to you? Why did you go MIA?”
He looked into space for a few seconds before answering with, “I had some family issues.”
“Oh! Sorry to hear that. I was…I thought someone had done something to you.”
He smiled before saying, “You mean Chuks and his clique? That’s the least of my worries.”
“You care to share what’s bothering you?”
“Umm! Really, there is nothing you or anyone can do about it, so I’d rather not.”
“Okay; if you say so.” She said and turned to look out the window again.
“Did you miss me?” He said with a smile on his face.
“What? I barely know you, why would I miss you?”
“Hahaha! You are very straightforward. I like that. But you can’t say you didn’t miss me bugging you.”
“Why would I miss that? By the way, you said you were going to tell me why you had been following me around.”
“Hmm! That’s true.” He said and started biting the fingernails on his right hand for a while before adding, “Don’t worry, I will tell you…after this trip.”

3 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Ann2012(f): 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2018
Thanks for the update, pls I need more

2 Likes

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by tonexyx(m): 6:09pm On Apr 18, 2018
[quote author=kayo80 f. following bumper to bumper bro.. lovely piece,next update please

1 Like

Re: Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by paulohgirlie(f): 11:51am On Apr 20, 2018
@Kayo80

Update plsssssssss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her 39th Birthday Today / My Wife And I / Chronicles Of A Housemaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.