Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You (20665 Views)

Cambridge Analytica Is Shutting Down Operation / How To Know If Your Facebook Data Was Scraped By Cambridge Analytica / Practicsteps To Find Out If Your Facebook Data Was Passed To Cambridge Analytica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by NaijaTechGuy(m): 1:39am On Apr 06, 2018
I know you've been wondering whether to join Elon Musk and Brian Acton in the #deletefacebook squad or keep using Facebook, either ways I think you should have a look at the data Facebook has about you first.

I'll be honest quitting Facebook isn’t that easy! Especially, when you have different reasons to stick to the blue network - groups, old friends, and more.There's one easy method to get hold of the data Facebook has stored over the years you been on the platform. So, let’s have a look at what the company knows about you.

Here’s what you need to do to download all the data Facebook has stored

Step 1. First of all, sign-in to your Facebook account from your desktop or activate desktop view on your mobile browser and then go to your Facebook Settings page.

Step 2. You need to look carefully at the General Section, there you need to click on “Download a copy of your Facebook data”

Step 3. Now you will be redirected to another web page, where you need to click on the “Download Archive” button.

Step 4. You will be asked to enter your Facebook password and the download will start automatically. Or the download link will be sent to your email.

Once you got the Facebook data, you need to open the ZIP file and then run the HTML file called index. This will open up in your web browser where you can view all your Facebook data.
Well, the Facebook data file contains your profile information, messages, videos, photos, timeline posts, friends list and much more. Not only these, it also shows your Facebook sessions, connected apps, advertisement topics that are related to you.

Nevertheless, I am definitely not quitting Facebook.

36 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by NaijaTechGuy(m): 1:43am On Apr 06, 2018
Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by okachie1(m): 1:43am On Apr 06, 2018
Now this is informative!! Well done mate!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by Divay22(f): 1:50am On Apr 06, 2018
Omo
Lemme goan check quick quick o. (I'm clean though)

Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by somadinho10: 1:58am On Apr 06, 2018
You and who dey quit Facebook angry
Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by HeWrites(m): 6:19am On Apr 06, 2018
somadinho10:
You and who dey quit Facebook angry
You well so

Where did he mention he's quitting or asking you to?

6 Likes

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:01am On Apr 06, 2018
okachie1:
Now this is informative!! Well done mate!
Thanks smiley

3 Likes

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by HCpaul(m): 7:20am On Apr 06, 2018
The fact that there's a smart dude behind the giant company is enough proof that Facebook have come to stay. Bill faced similar problem during the browser war and others, and was even dragged to court because of his anti-competitiveness.

My siggy though

3 Likes

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by TissuePaper: 7:23am On Apr 06, 2018
tongue
Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by henry007(m): 7:23am On Apr 06, 2018
cool
Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by pweshboi(m): 7:24am On Apr 06, 2018
@op thanks for this information.. lemme Goan check mine ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by ifyalways(f): 7:24am On Apr 06, 2018
So long as you are using a smartphone or computer, your Nyash ain't 100% private anymore. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by Sanchez01: 7:24am On Apr 06, 2018
The topic is needless. Perhaps, wrong. Facebook only knows what you fill out or upload on its website.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by omoadeleye(m): 7:24am On Apr 06, 2018
Uhm
Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by bunmioguns(m): 7:24am On Apr 06, 2018
This is good
Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by driveiwe(m): 7:25am On Apr 06, 2018
StylesX:
you wanna join a WhatsApp group for fiver schemit, blogging,
computer,
graphics,
useful tips and websites, Gaming,
phones
tech topic send me a dm on WhatsApp contact on siggy, lets help our selves become self reliant and informed

Kindly drop your WhatsApp number here na
Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by inoki247: 7:25am On Apr 06, 2018
Okay make I go check for my certificate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by joey150(m): 7:25am On Apr 06, 2018
Facebook and Google keep a log of all your activities on their platform (location, search history, pictures and more) which you can always download.

I think the main problem is the fact that these information are not as secure as people thought they were.

Facebook has turned its over 1 billion users to commercial entities. They just feed you with tons of adverts everuday and make you feel good by seeing your virtual 'likes' and love emojis.

1 Like

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by Earthquake1: 7:25am On Apr 06, 2018
Don't post anything on facebook that you are not willing to paste at the side of your house

The internet can never be private.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by AiiVee(m): 7:26am On Apr 06, 2018
trust Mark never foresaw this scandal. but most people that are against him are just tryna bring a hard-working man down and dey dont have substantial data on Facebook oo.

4 Likes

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by constance500: 7:26am On Apr 06, 2018
StylesX:
you wanna join a WhatsApp group for fiver schemit, blogging,
computer,
graphics,
useful tips and websites, Gaming,
phones
tech topic send me a dm on WhatsApp contact on siggy, lets help our selves become self reliant and informed

I want in please

Back to the thread..
Those people knows too much, when I saw mine, the number of advertisers with my data is so long and can't even fit in my laptop screen.. All messages, even deleted ones.
Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by information1: 7:27am On Apr 06, 2018
Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by hezy4real01(m): 7:27am On Apr 06, 2018
I don't post on Facebook, all I do is just to observe and read up nice post
Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by RexTramadol1: 7:28am On Apr 06, 2018
Mbok! maka why?

who send facebook before

no time to check time.

1 Like

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by oyetunder(m): 7:29am On Apr 06, 2018
;DWetin facebook wan know about me? Is facebook a place I kept all my conversations...deals or wetin? This a is lesson that only basic and harmless personal issues should be on such sites. In fact, Facebook is free to open my account and view day and night.

2 Likes

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by Sanchez01: 7:30am On Apr 06, 2018
ifyalways:
So long as you are using a smartphone or computer, your Nyash ain't 100% private anymore. cheesy
It has never been, particularly with Google. My newest Google map update pops up, asking me to review a location I just left. Interestingly, my location is off.

Worst still is Google's dedicated website which gives you a comprehensive report of every site you have visited. No one is safe with Android.

6 Likes

Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by sexymonkey(m): 7:36am On Apr 06, 2018
hard quitting ke, @ Awon omo Iya my strong 8years old fb account is for sale o, very affordable.
Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by IMASTEX: 7:37am On Apr 06, 2018
Nice info.
Nevertheless, minimizing the info you upload online is key.
Re: Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You by toluxe0075: 7:43am On Apr 06, 2018
Informative. However, Facebook can only have what you give them. Even if Facebook has information about you, what is so special about it. After all, you opted in to use their free app on your own free will. The way some people make it look as if they have all their life history on Facebook that is so sacred they don't want others to know baffles me. I can only fault Mark for giving out those information, it's a mistake on his part which he's been facing the penalty. But the way people are trying to pull him down is sad. If you don't want any of your information on the internet, keep off Facebook and other social media. Chikena.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NCC Begins Implementation Of Data Roll-over This Week / 5 Simple Ways To Give Your Old Smartphone A Speed Boost / Get Ready To Be Surprised Heavily By Airtel Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.