Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,931 members, 7,810,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

The Path That Leads To Resurrection - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Path That Leads To Resurrection (410 Views)

Remember, The Gate That Leads To Life Is Narrow. Follow the Narrow path. / Daddy Freeze: Pastor Adeboye's False Preaching Leads To Poverty. #FreeTheSheeple / The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Path That Leads To Resurrection by Kei144(m): 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2018
If you want to partake in the rapture of the saints, pay attention to the message of this thread. The reason is that just as Jesus ascended to heaven after his resurrection from the dead, in the same way, those that will partake in the rapture or ascension of the saints must first of all experience resurrection. A great number of saints will resurrect from the dead just before the rapture; but many saints of God will experience resurrection in the land of the living. Those who will experience resurrection in the land of the living will suddenly transform from mortal to immortality.
Re: The Path That Leads To Resurrection by Kei144(m): 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2018
Jesus Followed the Path

1Pe. 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

Mt. 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
Mt. 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

The path being discussed in this tract is the very one that Jesus Christ followed to attain resurrection from the dead, which was followed by his ascension to heaven. The path begins with a narrow gate and proceeds through a narrow road. Jesus’ journey began with baptism in water, followed by receiving the Holy Spirit; that is the narrow gate.

Col. 2:12 Having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.

Ga. 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Baptism into Jesus Christ, in water and in the Spirit, is the beginning of the path that leads to resurrection. Baptism joins a person to the crucifixion of Christ. Col. 2:12 says that whereas baptism into Jesus Christ joins a person to the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, it is faith in the power of God that joins the person to his resurrection. This means that faith in the power of God transforms a person to become like the resurrected Jesus. Ga. 2:20 says that having been crucified with Christ (through baptism), I live by faith in the Son of God, knowing that he loves me. That is the narrow road that leads to resurrection.
Re: The Path That Leads To Resurrection by Kei144(m): 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2018
Faith in the Power of God

Ga. 2:20 aptly captures what it means to have faith in the power of God or the Son of God. It simply means that I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. In order for this to happen, you have to come to terms with the reality of yourself. You are an earthen vessel; so weak, so vulnerable to destruction, prone to making mistakes, with so imperfect character, etc. Due to your baptism into Jesus Christ in water and in the Spirit, God put His Holy Spirit in you. The Holy Spirit connects you to God and Jesus; divine power can easily flow from God into you through Jesus Christ. To cap it all, Jesus loves you so dearly (Ga. 2:20). Jesus Christ is waiting for you to admit him into your life. Confess to him your weaknesses and your fallibility. Tell him that your weak and fallible self has been crucified with him on the cross so that your weak and fallible self will no longer live. Ask Jesus Christ to live his life in you through the Holy Spirit.

Lk. 9:23 Then he said to them all: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

1Th. 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Admitting Jesus Christ into your life must be a daily thing. As you go through each day, no matter the circumstances that you face, give thanks to God, for you are not in charge. You have handed over your life to Jesus Christ. He is able to handle every circumstance that comes your way. He is not weak like you are; He has no shortcomings whatsoever. Just continually give praise to God as He pilots your life. That is what it means to have faith in the power of God. As you continue to live this way, God’s power will continue to flow into you. The divine power will continue to build up in you and be transforming you. You will begin to manifest as a son of God. As this build up continues, one day, you will transform from mortal to immortality.
Re: The Path That Leads To Resurrection by Kei144(m): 7:05pm On Apr 07, 2018
The Parable of the Ten Virgins

Mt. 25:1 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
Mt. 25:2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise.
Mt. 25:3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.
Mt. 25:4 The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.
Mt. 25:5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
Mt. 25:6 “At midnight the cry rang out: `Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’
Mt. 25:7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.
Mt. 25:8 The foolish ones said to the wise, `Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’
Mt. 25:9 “`No,’ they replied, `there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’
Mt. 25:10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

The ten virgins are Christians that have been baptized into Jesus Christ, in water and in the Spirit. The wise ones realize that being earthen vessels, they cannot achieve much. The heavenly treasure is right inside them; why not rather live by the Spirit of God in them? They therefore daily confess the weakness of their natural self to Jesus Christ and ask him to live his life in them through the Holy Spirit. They go about their lives always praising and thanking God, for they are not the ones in charge of their lives; God is in charge. They are always anxious for nothing, for they know that God is able to take care of everything. Because of this life of faith in the power of God, the divine power (oil) builds up in their inner being. At God’s appointed time, the divine power transforms them from mortal to immortality—the resurrection.

The foolish virgins do not bother to live by the Spirit; they live their self lives. When God’s appointed time arrives, they see the wise virgins transforming rapidly to immortality. They pray for instantaneous buildup of divine power in them; but this is not possible since nature abhors discontinuity. Even Jesus had to fast for forty days and forty nights before divine power could build up in him. The foolish virgins have to take some time to build up divine power in them. By the time they get it, it is too late!
Re: The Path That Leads To Resurrection by Kei144(m): 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2018
If You Make the Most High Your Dwelling

Ps. 91:9 If you make the Most High your dwelling — even the LORD, who is my refuge —
Ps. 91:10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
Ps. 91:11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
Ps. 91:12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
Ps. 91:13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
Ps. 91:14 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
Ps. 91:15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honour him.
Ps. 91:16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

The way to make the Most High your dwelling is by living a life of faith in the power of God—living by the Spirit. Psalm 91 lists the benefits that kind of life.
Re: The Path That Leads To Resurrection by paxonel(m): 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2018
Very confused human being!!

Nor go understand your bible first
You think it's by quoting scriptures alone?
Re: The Path That Leads To Resurrection by Kei144(m): 7:48am On Apr 08, 2018
paxonel:
Very confused human being!!

Nor go understand your bible first
You think it's by quoting scriptures alone?

What else is needed?

(1) (Reply)

* Are You A Garri Lady Or Bread Lady??? / I Need Your Answer Please / Solid God By Favour Ibem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.