Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" (15407 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders / Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by wakabobo: 7:26am On Apr 08, 2018
A Nigerian Photographer has expressed her views on church wedding, in her words

"Church wedding is not compulsory ooo. It's fine if you do it if you love the glamour and the whole experience of a church wedding. It is not a sin to do church wedding. In fact, it is an opportunity to have your brother's and sisters in church celebrate a great day in your life.

Now, it is also not a sin to not do church wedding. It was not commanded by God. No Apostle mentioned it. Jesus did not recommended it. It's just one of those things the church decided to start doing.
It means that if you do not like the drama around Church weddings, you may opt out. If you do not have the financial strength, you may drop it. Don't make life harder on yourself.

That established, the bible fully acknowledges a marriage between a man and his wife in the presence of family, friends and well wishers. The pastor may be invited to join them and pray for them. Also, the marriage needs to be registered at the Registry with the government and that's all to give it legal backing.

Don't kill yourself over what God did not send you. Do what you can do and move on. What the Bible disapproves is cohabitation and sexual relations outside marriage."

What do you guys think?

http://wakabobo.com/church-wedding-is-not-compulsory-nigerian-photographer-adekuoroye-tolu-speaks/

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by xreal: 7:28am On Apr 08, 2018
Correct

100%

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by divinehand2003(m): 8:07am On Apr 08, 2018
Nice piece

4 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 08, 2018
I see some sense in what she says

10 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by globalresource: 8:59am On Apr 08, 2018
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by OMOTOWO(m): 9:00am On Apr 08, 2018
Nice..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by SolutionsGuy: 9:00am On Apr 08, 2018
Not only that it is not compulsory, it is in fact USELESS. It is copied, a duplication and a function of inferiority complex.
We have traditional marriage recognised by God, the law and even the bible. All marriages the bible made reference to are traditional weddings. Then some folks came and said we must wear suits and some useless gowns to the church before God approves our marriages. What a dumb thing.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by franzis(m): 9:00am On Apr 08, 2018
We have known since time immemorial

6 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Ellabae(f): 9:02am On Apr 08, 2018
True talk but I would love to do mine.

4 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by SamuelTurner(m): 9:03am On Apr 08, 2018
Fact..

Most of us believe that every christian should go to church before they have a successful marriage. Most of those water bellied pastor self didn't do wedding. 80% of them impregnated themselves before they became pastor and till now their marriage is ok.

But if you are confused... Ask your pastor, I mean a responsible pastor

4 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 08, 2018
True talk

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by HeyCorleone(m): 9:03am On Apr 08, 2018
Church Weddings are just overblown and these days there is a sort of discrimination over those who don't do it. And so I ask what power does the Church have over your personal business?!

A marriage is a union of 2 people which then involves the full Family. How is that a church's business? Smh. And some Nairalanders here, out of fear and ignorance of course, greatly support the fact that your wedding must be contracted in a church to gain legality.

Church Wedding is only a creation of old European peoples. Nothing more. Meanwhile the marriages recognised in the Bible are traditional and court marriage. So which would you rather?

14 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by jericco1(m): 9:03am On Apr 08, 2018
naso. see as people go support am
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by lastmaster(m): 9:04am On Apr 08, 2018
Nice one.My babe no let me hear word because of church wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by ademidedavid(f): 9:04am On Apr 08, 2018
You are right bro......most marriages suffer after wedding because of the church and reception expenses and after a day's wedding, there comes the suffer in the real marriage after everybody wey come chop free food without dropping anything done waka go

7 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by jericco1(m): 9:05am On Apr 08, 2018
Ellabae:
True talk but I would love to do mine.
OK, if you're ready let me know
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by allanphash7(m): 9:05am On Apr 08, 2018
Sure now

1 Like

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 08, 2018
Yeah, sure.
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by TheUpsetGirl(m): 9:07am On Apr 08, 2018
traditional marriage is compulsory?

4 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by zicoraads: 9:07am On Apr 08, 2018
Definitely, it isn't. The only reason I will do one is because of my wife and parents. If not, it would have been from traditional to reception. She'll wear a gown, I'll wear a suit. We'll dance, eat and off we go grin

4 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Tberry01(f): 9:07am On Apr 08, 2018
it's her own point of view, but I will surely do mine

1 Like

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Geesaintagape: 9:07am On Apr 08, 2018
Nice talk 100% truth.
Anglican church okwe asaba does not wed who does not pay tithe .
I have questioned d biblical backing no answer answer yet

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by zicoraads: 9:08am On Apr 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
traditional marriage is compulsory?
Yes. It's even Biblical tongue

7 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Ellabae(f): 9:10am On Apr 08, 2018
jericco1:

OK, if you're ready let me know
shocked Do u want invitation letter? cheesy
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by dynicks(m): 9:10am On Apr 08, 2018
VERY CORRECT!!

1 Like

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by hezy4real01(m): 9:11am On Apr 08, 2018
Yes I reason am too, the most important thing is both parents blessings look for one MOG wey ur mind follow make him bless una join.... I'm not a fan of ceremony

1 Like

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by HeyCorleone(m): 9:13am On Apr 08, 2018
Geesaintagape:
Nice talk 100% truth.
Anglican church okwe asaba does not wed who does not pay tithe .
I have questioned d biblical backing no answer answer yet

You can imagine.

Christianity is coming to rubbish gradually due to the greed of a those now in the vineyard.

4 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by adinoyi360: 9:16am On Apr 08, 2018
SolutionsGuy:
Not only that it is not compulsory, it is in fact USELESS. It is copied, a duplication and a function of inferiority complex.
We have traditional marriage recognised by God, the law and even the bible. All marriages the bible made reference to are traditional weddings. Then some folks came and said we must wear suits and some useless gowns to the church before God approves our marriages. What a dumb thing.
very correct..but most 9ja girls want to slay on their weeding gown

2 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by ariesbull: 9:17am On Apr 08, 2018
The most important thing is have your marriage certificate

If you are married but you don't have a marriage certificate ..legal backing

My dear you aren't married but living in union

Just like claiming a graduate no certificate to show
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by sivel(m): 9:17am On Apr 08, 2018
Na which kind wedding dey compulsory if i msy ask

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye / Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! / I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.