Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

"For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? (8468 Views)

Oyedepo: Why Nigeria Has Not Changed For Better / Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by SamuelTurner(m): 9:09am On Apr 08, 2018
RCCG sunday school now is currently teaching about marriage and divorce. as we were meditating on it today, a man asked a question saying "is for better for worse a correct thing to be used during marital vows or for better for better" he further backed his question with a scripture.

Now my own view is that are they expecting worse condition in the bible or is the normal procedure everybody goes through?

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by xreal: 9:15am On Apr 08, 2018
SamuelTurner:
RCCG sunday school now is currently teaching about marriage and divorce. as we were meditating on it today, a man asked a question saying "is for better for worse a correct thing to be used during marital vows or for better for better" he further backed his question with a scripture.

Now my own view is that are they expecting worse condition in the bible or is the normal procedure everybody goes through?

Concentrate on the class and ask your teacher the question.

16 Likes

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by jamesharryson(m): 9:21am On Apr 08, 2018
The normal thing should be f[i]or better and for worse[/i]. We are being blindfolded by modern day's religion. We should expect the bad too, so that once it happens, we will work on our already made preparations than to act as if it wont come entirely

30 Likes

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by SamuelTurner(m): 9:22am On Apr 08, 2018
xreal:

Concentrate on the class and ask your teacher the question.
many questions on their table.......one guy even asked if there is love can exist without respect

1 Like

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Rawneys: 9:29am On Apr 08, 2018
I think "THROUGH ALL TIMES" is better.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Amarabae(f): 9:29am On Apr 08, 2018
During my wedding,
I used for better, for better.

And indeed it has been for better for better so far

9 Likes

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by HeyCorleone(m): 9:29am On Apr 08, 2018
"for better for worse" is just a realistic approach to life. Life could be good this minute and the next instant could turn very bad.

Those who say "for better and better" or some other stuff like that are just plainly unreasonable. What is there? Yes you would experience good times. You will experience tough times. Most important thing is you get thru it all.

Nigerians are generally a negative minded people. So the fear is saying "worse" would actually make worse things happen in the marriage, but you have already said "better" so why don't you believe better things would happen? Smh.

Everyday I pray to God to cleanse and rid me off this African mentality.

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by swiz123(m): 9:30am On Apr 08, 2018
Whichever is used, it would still be fickle,cos Human beings are attracted to good things undecided

1 Like

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by libertyfather(m): 9:30am On Apr 08, 2018
If u know what worse is? You go run
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by jy2kbeyond(m): 9:31am On Apr 08, 2018
For better for worse, for rich and for poorer, in sickness and in health....cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Chidonc(m): 9:32am On Apr 08, 2018
do you think life will always be 100% rossy, there would always be trying times, for some financial issues, others health , families interference, etc all this entails for better for worst statement

18 Likes

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:33am On Apr 08, 2018
This is outrageous

It's not supposed to be a form of expression
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by openmine(m): 9:33am On Apr 08, 2018
In every marriage or commitment,
There will be good times and bad times,
Lovely times and challenging times,
Time to be Joyful and jovial and a time to be quiet and meditating...,
A time when there will be plenty and a time when there is virtually nothing....
Any matured couple will know that there will be rough times....when some things dont seem to make sense
A wise couple will know that tough and challenging times only serve as a platform to motivate and make them see that it can only get better for them!
Hence in my opinion,"For better for worse" implies that both will STICK AND ENCOURAGE each other no matter the challenges!

14 Likes

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by MRAKBEE(m): 9:33am On Apr 08, 2018
For better for worse is just a statement to some people while to others it means a lot and they adhere to it
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Hemjayy: 9:33am On Apr 08, 2018
Ode OP...U dey inside church u still get time to dey post for Nairaland.
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Scout60(m): 9:33am On Apr 08, 2018
if only you understand that marriage is not a bed of roses. You will make that vow faster

2 Likes

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Weareone202: 9:33am On Apr 08, 2018
Yeah of cus. Whether we accept it or not, life is always up n down
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by fecta: 9:34am On Apr 08, 2018
How will this question assist me in giving OTEDOLA or DANGOTE pikin BELLE.

2 Likes

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Diso60090(m): 9:34am On Apr 08, 2018
From better to worse after marriage

1: year you both sort out issues
2: year the family sort out issues
3: year the neighbours sort out issues
4:year single mum%dad

1 Like

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Oritzy: 9:35am On Apr 08, 2018
For better for better ni oo grin grin Why would I be in the front of an altar with a Bible and confess Worse inside my destiny and in the presence of crowd shocked shocked Tufiakwa.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by dvkot(m): 9:36am On Apr 08, 2018
good
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Olukat(m): 9:36am On Apr 08, 2018
Amarabae:
During my wedding,
I used for better, for better.

And indeed it has been for better for better so far

My sister "for better for worse" isn't about riches alone
It's could be bad habits etc
We hope for the best though
Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by zicoraads: 9:36am On Apr 08, 2018
Together with my wife to be, we'll write our vows. I won't be reading that out loud. And I'll not even say that 'Till death do us part' thing. I do realise that divorce is something that can happen in marriage. In as much as we strive to make sure we live as one. There are times you realize the both of you were really never meant to be.

4 Likes

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 9:36am On Apr 08, 2018
Yes ooo
Maka na umu akwuna abatago ulo uka.
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by fecta: 9:38am On Apr 08, 2018
Marriage is just two people coming together to make babies nowadays since people don't marry for love.
So the vow is useless

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by DavidEsq(m): 9:39am On Apr 08, 2018
OP, does the worse get to happen? Have u seen the worse happen? That shld answer ur question.
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by spaggyy(m): 9:40am On Apr 08, 2018
the Bible Says, ask and it shall be given to u..

FOR BETTER... FOR BEST

FOR RICH AND FOR WEALTH

1 Like

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by lastmessenger: 9:43am On Apr 08, 2018
Say whatever you feel like,get off the alter and start making babies.
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by solochris(m): 9:44am On Apr 08, 2018
Yes, as for me, that vow has always helped to put me on check... Thanks be to God

1 Like

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 08, 2018
Many marriagea nowadays are.self centered. Hence high divorce rate

1 Like

Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 08, 2018
I think they should now make it something wey you fit sign and date o
Re: "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? by Queenext: 9:47am On Apr 08, 2018
K

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Election Of Church Leaders By Voting: Is It Biblical? / Where Is It Written In The Bible That Masturbation Is A Sin???? / For Atheist: Come And Tell Us How Man Came Into Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.