Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,010 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) (117582 Views)

First And Second Looks Of Nina Ivy At AMVCA 2018 (Photos) / Tiwa Savage's Outfit To The Headies 2018 (Photos) / Wizkid Enters Guinness World Book Of Records 2018 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by phemmyfour: 6:29pm On Apr 08, 2018
Ariel20:
Yoruba amaka tooto grin grin grin
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by LZAA: 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2018
Ariel20:
Yoruba amaka grin grin grin
YorubaAssasin again grin grin
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Melian(f): 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
She has my heart already. Just listened to her rendition of Dreams by the Cranberries. Blown away. Tripping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFvY4iYSioo
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by mofedamijo(m): 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2018
SirHouloo:
Brains and beauty... just what Yoruba ladies are known for.
Mo adeniran won the 2017 Edition....make yorubas koninu to rep naija well and every other tribe...

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by iamtardey: 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2018
let the famzing people begin... she's Nigerian, she Yoruba she's my uncle, sister... sh*t
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Ishilove: 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2018
mybestlove:
WITH WHAT I KNOW NOW, MUSIC CAN NEVER BE PART OF MY LIFE AGAIN.

ALL THESE MUSICIANS ARE CONTROLLED FROM THE OCCULT WORLD.

HOLLYWOOD IS LIKE A HELL CELEBRATED ON EARTH.

ALL THESE NIGERIAN MUSICIANS/CELEBRITIES ALWAYS VISITING THE USA HAVE SOMETHING IN THEIR CUPBOARD.

I CAN'T BE FOOLED AGAIN.
Please tell us more
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by lawalosky(m): 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2018
thorpido:
Oyinbo go sabi pronounce her surname so?
just wondering how the lips will look like while pronouncing it... lolz

1 Like

Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Heffalump(m): 6:45pm On Apr 08, 2018
SirHouloo:

As far as I'm concerned, the lady doesn't understand what you are talking about. "She's more British than Nigerian, talk less of being a Yoruba".

Stupid people only attach tribalism to everything they mention. undecided

1 Like

Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by baxton25(m): 6:45pm On Apr 08, 2018
Yekpaaaa forty three million naira only,am dead
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Ghost01(m): 6:46pm On Apr 08, 2018
You guys should stop arguing unnecessarily about her nationality and just watch her awesome performances and take it all in. She's British with a Nigerian Father.
From her rendition of George Ezra's Budapest, to her cover of The Cranberries' Dreams, to her duet with Saskia Eng covering Florence and the Machines' Dog Days Are Over, to her performance of "Waiting For A Star to Fall" in the Semi Finals, to her performance of Daniel Bedingfield's If You Are Not The One, to her "What A Wonderful World" duet with Tom Jones... She was absolutely awesome!
Her last name made me watch her first performance on YouTube but her voice made me watch her other videos and I knew she was a favourite to win after watching her perform "Dreams."
Let's just enjoy the moment and stop arguing unnecessarily. Life is short and, with voices like Ruti's around, beautiful!

1 Like

Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Elkay3: 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2018
Na now Nigerians go claim her... no one knows her struggle until now.
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by hennylove(f): 6:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
I am happy for her even though I expected Donel to win. I know he will go places and for Belle voices I am disappointed with JHud for her choice
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Cindy08: 7:01pm On Apr 08, 2018
Kudos to you go girl!!!
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Printerscanner: 7:05pm On Apr 08, 2018
kinibigdeal:
And so what

So just go and die since you have phobia for good news.
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by maxiquadrian(m): 7:17pm On Apr 08, 2018
SirHouloo:

Waso rire topo

1 Like

Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Burgerlomo: 7:19pm On Apr 08, 2018
Congratulations girl cool
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Sleezwizz: 7:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
mondee02:

Lol, abeg tell him/her oooo

No mind am

1 Like

Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 8:01pm On Apr 08, 2018
Wow! She won!!

lekkan:
She doesn't look Nigerian, if she does, they wouldn't have given her

Her dad is a typical Nigerian man, the average Nigerian man you can find on any Nigerian street, but her mom isn't.
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Only1mi(f): 8:11pm On Apr 08, 2018
Twoclans:
I listened to her sing, beautiful voice.
Waohhh grin

The first day she was introduced her dad was on stage with her if I remember correctly.

And he's a proper Yoruba man. Love her voice too, very husky.
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Only1mi(f): 8:13pm On Apr 08, 2018
Ghost01:
You guys should stop arguing unnecessarily about her nationality and just watch her awesome performances and take it all in. She's British with a Nigerian Father.
From her rendition of George Ezra's Budapest, to her cover of The Cranberries' Dreams, to her duet with Saskia Eng covering Florence and the Machines' Dog Days Are Over, to her performance of "Waiting For A Star to Fall" in the Semi Finals, to her performance of Daniel Bedingfield's If Are Not The One, to her "What A Wonderful World" duet with Tom Jones... She was absolutely awesome!
Her last name made me watch her first performance on YouTube but her voice made me watch her other videos and I knew she was a favourite to win after watching her perform "Dreams."
Let's just enjoy the moment and stop arguing unnecessarily. Life is short and, with voices like Ruti's around, beautiful!

Her voice really got to me too.

1 Like

Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Only1mi(f): 8:15pm On Apr 08, 2018
hennylove:
I am happy for her even though I expected Donel to win. I know he will go places and for Belle voices I am disappointed with JHud for her choice

I thought Donel was a good performer too, he got my vote, but the voices on the final day was clear as 7up. Ruti sounded better in my opinion.
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 8:26pm On Apr 08, 2018
naijjaman:
Congratulations to her, her family and Nigeria.
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 8:44pm On Apr 08, 2018
SirHouloo:
Brains I know, beauty I know not undecided
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Ghost01(m): 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2018
hennylove:
Lolz @ Belle Voices.
JHud outsung them when she performed "My Heart Will Go On" with them - which shouldn't be.
If they pick the right songs, on the right platform/stage, they should do okay. They still need to do more work though.

1 Like

Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:07pm On Apr 08, 2018
She's clearly half-caste with at least one white parent. Probably lived in the UK all her life. Did she tell you she's a "Nigerian"?

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by toprealman: 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2018
SirHouloo:
Mercy Aigbe
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Litmus: 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2018
lekkan:
She doesn't look Nigerian, if she does, they wouldn't have given her

Yeah, she's kinda ugly with visages of moustache. However, to a Nigerian, the Nigeria way of seeing Nationality supersedes the point of view of foreigners. To us as Nigerians, if your parents are Nigerian then you are Nigerian. Therefore, she is Nigerian, so congratulations to her for winning and making Nigerians proud.
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by sherlock229(m): 11:32pm On Apr 08, 2018
I'm yoruba and I almost broke a tooth trying to pronounce that surname lol. I wonder how the oyinbos would successfully pronounce that powerful name.
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by sherlock229(m): 11:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
Litmus:

Yeah, she's kinda ugly with visages of moustache. However, to a Nigerian, the Nigeria way of seeing Nationality supersedes the point of view of foreigners. To us as Nigerians, if your parents are Nigerian then you are Nigerian. Therefore, she is Nigerian, so congratulations to her for winning and making Nigerians proud.

i think she's very pretty, oya make we see your picture oga!!!
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by Godwinny(m): 11:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
Cos she is the winner of the vocal competition now, everyone of you are claiming she is a Nigerian. She never mention it that she is from Nigeria when she was asked where is she from.
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by SternProphet: 2:32am On Apr 09, 2018
sherlock229:
I'm yoruba and I almost broke a tooth trying to pronounce that surname lol. I wonder how the oyinbos would successfully pronounce that powerful name.

"Ola-ju-gbagbe"

Her "honour/wealth is too great to be forgotten" .
Re: Meet Ruti Olajugbagbe, The Winner Of The Voice UK 2018 (Photos) by NnamdiEducamia(m): 8:02am On Apr 09, 2018
SirHouloo:

With too much pepper!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News Peter Edochie Is Dead / How Romance With Gospel Singer, Sinach Crashed Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Marriag / Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.