Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal (14733 Views)

South Africans Torture An ATM Cards Scammer / Soldier Shot Dead By Kidnappers In Jos While Trying To Rescue Lady / Kwara 'Mad Man' Caught With N100m Cheque, Condoms, 4 ATM Cards, Politicians Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by CuriousMynd: 7:13am On Apr 09, 2018
The abductors of a traditional ruler, Goodluck Umetor, in Ndele community, in Emohua LGA of Rivers State, have released him after inflicting machete cuts on him and collecting N1m ransom

He was freed in the early hours of Wednesday. Chief Umetor was whisked away by the hoodlums at gun-point to an unknown destination, on Monday evening, just after the bandits had killed two persons in the community.

Umetor said the kidnappers used machete to cut all part of his body, adding that the criminals also took his ATM cards and withdrew huge sums of money.
He said;
“The gunmen took me on a journey inside a deep forest. They blindfolded and dragged me.

We trekked about 60 kilometers before we arrived their base. They said they were hired to assassinate me, but, later, they changed their mind to collect ransom and free me. They inflicted marchete cuts on my head, back and other parts of my body.

They collected all my four ATM cards and sent somebody to go and withdraw money from my account before collecting N1 million again from my family. They warned me that I should not block the accounts that they will be withdrawing money at will.

They said if I block the accounts that they will come after me again. They also threatened to kill me if I try to give their identity to anyone.”

However, the state’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Nnamdi Omoni, said that the identity of the hoodlums involved in the kidnap have been uncovered.

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/04/traditional-ruler-freed-by-kidnappers-his-seized-atm-cards-to-continue-withdrawal.html

1 Share

Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by jerryunit48: 7:17am On Apr 09, 2018
I thought Kidnappers always forget about the victims completely after collecting ransom and never go back to him again? This is wicked

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by hisgrace090: 7:19am On Apr 09, 2018
Another blood flow in the rivers of.........?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by ariesbull: 10:17am On Apr 09, 2018
Niger Delta...but the name sounds igbitic....I though that they said that we don't have Igbo in rivers state

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by Meajor(m): 10:17am On Apr 09, 2018
I just dey cry for my country.....indeed there was a country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by S3ttingz: 10:17am On Apr 09, 2018
I know there is something called karma, I do not know if this was a result of ur karma. But I know those who did this will surely meet their waterloo
Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by EmperorAlonzo1: 10:20am On Apr 09, 2018
Dis guy is kind of lucky dat he is alive his chi is strong
Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by Seun360(m): 10:20am On Apr 09, 2018
Rivers State...........no words.
Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by 400billionman: 10:20am On Apr 09, 2018
embarassed So nah JOINT account now?

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by PortableToDynam(m): 10:20am On Apr 09, 2018
what is the work of dem DEITIES, abi dey don drink CoCo ni?
Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by chigoziri2403(m): 10:22am On Apr 09, 2018
these are hungry kidnappers, try withdrawing again and be caught immediately
Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by Lexusgs430: 10:23am On Apr 09, 2018
Inflicted this SDTI on their victim and still collected ransoms?

I truly hope they are all caught and killed....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by bebe2(f): 10:29am On Apr 09, 2018
I think say traditional rulers dey get cutlass and gun medicine for body?

See Una life

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 09, 2018
400billionman:
embarassed So nah JOINT account now?

Broad, the matter weak me
Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by RZArecta2(m): 10:35am On Apr 09, 2018
hisgrace090:
Another blood flow in the rivers of.........?
when skulls are mined in the SW, your voice will be so silent but just one unfortunate case of kidnap and you're shouting rivers of whatever. Remove the log in your eyes first sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 09, 2018
ariesbull:
Niger Delta...but the name sounds igbitic....I though that they said that we don't have Igbo in rivers state

Igbos are the most populated indigenous tribe in SS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by ooshinibos: 10:53am On Apr 09, 2018
Meajor:
I just dey cry for my country.....indeed there was a country
Nigerian is not a country its an acronym , basically a dump

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by ipobarecriminals: 10:55am On Apr 09, 2018
sad person. papa dey cut like dis.Even satan go fear human pikin if dey catch am
Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by stano2(m): 11:05am On Apr 09, 2018
Some of these traditional rulers I de always see wear crown the board bike.. I just wonder y
Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by honestivo(m): 12:03pm On Apr 09, 2018
Security in Rivers state need special attention.
Re: Goodluck Umetor Freed By Kidnappers, ATM Cards Seized For Continuous Withdrawal by SAMBARRY: 12:51pm On Apr 09, 2018
Smh

(1) (Reply)

Missing 4-Year-Old Girl At RCCG Thanksgiving Service Ebute Meta, Lagos / RRS Arrests Ex-Convict Over Phone Theft (Photos) / Farmer Shot And Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Adamawa State. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.