Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion (987 Views)

Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by CuriousMynd: 7:53am On Apr 09, 2018
According to a doctor on twitter, a mother acting out of religious reasons chose to let her son die rather than accept a blood transfusion that would have saved him.

Faith or fanaticism?

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/04/religious-mum-chose-to-let-her-baby-die-than-to-accept-blood-transfusion.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by agbonkamen(f): 7:54am On Apr 09, 2018
Story

1 Like

Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by HeWrites(m): 7:54am On Apr 09, 2018
cool
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 09, 2018
is she jw undecided

2 Likes

Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by Saintdaprince(m): 8:06am On Apr 09, 2018
Sad one and wrong interpretation of the bible. The said mother maybe a JW member or Faith member. What pisses me off is that when the die, their remains are deposited in the mortuary.
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by AlexCk: 8:11am On Apr 09, 2018
It's just plain stupidity.

Her life wasn't in danger, if it was her that needed the transfusion to survive, she'll even turn to Dracula to get the blood.

smh.

Christianity is a way of life, not some high stake religion.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by folake4u(f): 8:18am On Apr 09, 2018
The woman is a Jehovah Witness,if the doctor had transfused her child blood without her consent, she'd successfully sue and win in court.

Am I right cheesy?

NeeKlaus tongue.

Shey my Law of Torts game is strong ?grin.

1 Like

Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by Shedrack777: 8:21am On Apr 09, 2018
i love her faith. say NO to blood/drip transfussion! say NO to taking drugs when sick. ja will cure you when you stay fateful
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 09, 2018
hm
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by NeeKlaus: 8:42am On Apr 09, 2018
folake4u:
The woman is a Jehovah Witness,if the doctor had transfused her child blood without her consent, she'd successfully sue and win in court.

Am I right cheesy?

tongue.

I guess.
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by folake4u(f): 8:43am On Apr 09, 2018
NeeKlaus:

I guess.

Yay
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by folake4u(f): 8:43am On Apr 09, 2018
NeeKlaus:
I guess.

Yay.
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 09, 2018
sad
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by prinzfavian(m): 10:56am On Apr 09, 2018
She did the right thing though, being obedient to God is better than any sacrifice we may render to him to cover up for our disobedience.....

1 Like

Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 09, 2018
Dis is same thing that the pharisees and saducees did, hence they criticise Jesus for healing on sabbath day. Dey would rather watch ppl suffer than healed because of a stupid misinterpretation of a law.. Those same ppl would rescue their animals on sabbath day. Man was never created to be slave to the law, rather laws are given to guide us and make our lives better. There is no direct law in the Bible that forbids blood transfusion.
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
You could be sued. You need to stay in the confine of your freedom of expression. Boldly saying that she is a JW when you did not read it from any legit source is defamation. If you are held this minute to prove the veracity of your statement, you would end up in jail, perhaps. If you have issues with the JW, you should clear it with yourself.

There are thousands of mothers who kill their babies around the world and they blame it on anything. Many girls commit abortion regularly and none of them has ever blamed it on the JW. Many women kill their babies once they discovered that the babies come with some serious medical issues. Before you judge, look within.
folake4u:
Am I right cheesy?
NeeKlaus tongue.
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by Litblogger: 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
folake4u:
Probably if the judge and members of the jury were JW too, right?
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by folake4u(f): 5:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
removetheturban:
You could be sued. You need to stay in the confine of your freedom of expression. Boldly saying that she is a JW when you did not read it from any legit source is defamation. If you are held this minute to prove the veracity of your statement, you would end up in jail, perhaps. If you have issues with the JW, you should clear it with yourself.

There are thousands of mothers who kill their babies around the world and they blame it on anything. Many girls commit abortion regularly and none of them has ever blamed it on the JW. Many women kill their babies once they discovered that the babies come with some serious medical issues. Before you judge, look within.

Thanks smiley albeit I meant no harm though, just wanted to give an example of a religious group I know that do not accept blood transfusion hence I mentioned the JW. I wasn't judging too and I don't have issues with them.
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by folake4u(f): 5:21pm On Apr 09, 2018
Litblogger:

Probably if the judge and members of the jury were JW too, right?

No not that.

In law, where a doctor fails or even neglects to seek the consent of the patient, he would be liable for the tort of battery. It means that the patient has the unfettered right to choose whether or not to consent to medical treatment even if the treatment is necessary to save his life

1 Like

Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 09, 2018
I got you.
folake4u:

Thanks smiley albeit I meant no harm though, just wanted to give an example of a religious group I know that do not accept blood transfusion hence I mentioned the JW. I wasn't judging too and I don't have issues with them.
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by folake4u(f): 5:34pm On Apr 09, 2018
removetheturban:
I got you.

Alright OK.
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by prinzfavian(m): 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2018
salvation101:
Dis is same thing that the pharisees and saducees did, hence they criticise Jesus for healing on sabbath day. Dey would rather watch ppl suffer than healed because of a stupid misinterpretation of a law.. Those same ppl would rescue their animals on sabbath day. Man was never created to be slave to the law, rather laws are given to guide us and make our lives better. There is no direct law in the Bible that forbids blood transfusion.
Must it be direct before you follow?
There may not be direct law that forbids it, but there is/are direct commands in the scriptures that are against it...
Just like there are no direct laws that forbids smoking, there are underlying Principle that echoes the Bible's view of such habit... That's why we need the holy spirit to help teach us and help us understand the truth of the Bible because not all are direct and straight forward....
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by prinzfavian(m): 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2018
salvation101:
Must it be direct before you follow?
There may not be direct law that forbids it, but there is/are direct commands in the scriptures that are against it...
Just like there are no direct laws that forbids smoking, there are underlying Principle that echoes the Bible's view of such habit... That's why we need the holy spirit to help teach us and help us understand the truth of the Bible because not all that God expects of us are directly or explicitly spelt out in the scriptures.....
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by Ayo081(m): 7:48am On Apr 10, 2018
salvation101:
Did God's law directly forbid smoking or masturbation? But there are principles in the Bible that discusses issues related to that. Using your powers of reasoning to deduce right from wrong whether there is an outright command is what makes you a spiritually mature christian.

Several passages in the Bible forbids the use of blood and commands christians to abstain from blood. The reason why God made this command was because he viewed blood as life. A man's soul is in his blood. So trying to take in another person's blood just because you want to live longer on earth could be perceived as indulging in someone else's blood, a sin in God's eyes. Jehovah's Witnesses are against the outright use of blood transfusion in surgery. However, we accept every other alternatives that do not require the use of drugs. For example, there are drugs that stimulate the production of red blood cells in the body. This could come in handy. There are also equipment that refine and increase blood volume production during surgery.

Because of our desire to adhere to that simple command on blood, we have gone to great lengths to study on surgical operations that do not require blood transfusion, and the success rate is higher than when blood transfusion is used. Blood transfusion is never a guarantee to a successful surgery. It pays to obey rather than deliberately flout God's word for the pleasure of living a few more years. As Christians, we have a better hope for a kingdom where all sicknesses would be long gone. But for now, we view all terminal illnesses as temporary and death as a long, deep sleep.

(Copied)
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 10, 2018
Saintdaprince:
Sad one and wrong interpretation of the bible. The said mother maybe a JW member or Faith member. What pisses me off is that when the die, their remains are deposited in the mortuary.
She must be a Jehovah Witne
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2018
Scientists have discovered so many system of lifesaving techniques. Of course everyone will like to stay alive with their families. But when they're just using you for experiments to boost their glory at the expense of your future you can choose to say NO! No professional biologist will accept a blood transfusion no matter how urgent! Scientists are still studying the cells in the human body and for the glory of their career as learned in their field they'll just present a temporary (NOT certified) solution to any sickness. Today "NONE of them will allow blood to be transfused into their bodies after further discoveries", you can test them. God is our maker and HE has made US to understand that we're bound to die either we like it or not, scientists can't explain or correct that to prove God wrong though they agreed that we're supposed to live forever as our cells are continuously renewed they can't just explain why we're growing old! God knows the making of each person's blood and HE said it represents the particular person having the blood so "Don't mix it"! Leviticus 17:11/14,Duet 12:23.Those who trust the scientists should realize that they're not 100% sure of your survival during or after a blood transfusion! So it's better to stay on God's side.
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by Niflheim(m): 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2018
This woman gets her medical advice from a book that talks about flying horses and talking snakes?!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

A book that was written by men who did not even have access to toilet roll?!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Otem Atum was right when he said:..................................................."THE FEAR OF GOD IS THE BEGINNING OF STUPIDITY"!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by obinna58(m): 7:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
prinzfavian:
She did the right thing though, being obedient to God is better than any sacrifice we may render to him to cover up for our disobedience.....
Religion (calamity)
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by tintingz(m): 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2018
Riofidelio:
Scientists have discovered so many system of lifesaving techniques. Of course everyone will like to stay alive with their families. But when they're just using you for experiments to boost their glory at the expense of your future you can choose to say NO! No professional biologist will accept a blood transfusion no matter how urgent! Scientists are still studying the cells in the human body and for the glory of their career as learned in their field they'll just present a temporary (NOT certified) solution to any sickness. Today "NONE of them will allow blood to be transfused into their bodies after further discoveries", you can test them. God is our maker and HE has made US to understand that we're bound to die either we like it or not, scientists can't explain or correct that to prove God wrong though they agreed that we're supposed to live forever as our cells are continuously renewed they can't just explain why we're growing old! God knows the making of each person's blood and HE said it represents the particular person having the blood so "Don't mix it"! Leviticus 17:11/14,Duet 12:23.Those who trust the scientists should realize that they're not 100% sure of your survival during or after a blood transfusion! So it's better to stay on God's side.
This is certified bullcrap.

I'm waiting for the evidence of bolded part.
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by tintingz(m): 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
removetheturban:

That post is talking of JW mum, I'm in my house come and Sue me.

Unverified report, no name mentioned, no location, nothing and you said one could be sued, you must be a comedian.
Re: Religious Mum Chose To Let Her Baby Die Than To Accept Blood Transfusion by prinzfavian(m): 10:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
obinna58:

Religion (calamity)
If you say so...

(1) (Reply)

Facts About MIDNIGHT Prayers! / The Greatest Act Of Stealing By The Greatest Criminal / Atheists Dare Explain This !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.