Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

God Created The Universe With Words, Why Couldn't He Forgive Our Sins With Same? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Created The Universe With Words, Why Couldn't He Forgive Our Sins With Same? (805 Views)

If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? / SOLVE THIS PARADOX: If God Is Merciful And Forgiving Why Can't He Forgive Satan / Why Couldn't Science Save The World's Most Developed Nations From Covid-19? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Created The Universe With Words, Why Couldn't He Forgive Our Sins With Same? by sKeetz(m): 2:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
Did God really need to send himself to sacrifice himself to save us from himself? Come on, he spoke the universe and everything in it into being.

Did he really need to go through that stress. All it needed was to say the word. If a programmer writes a bad code, it's his duty to debug it.

It defies all logic. Brethren help me understand this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Created The Universe With Words, Why Couldn't He Forgive Our Sins With Same? by TOSIN116: 2:24pm On Apr 09, 2018
angry did god asked you for ram before he forgive you? and why cant you ask your pastor undecided
Re: God Created The Universe With Words, Why Couldn't He Forgive Our Sins With Same? by rerhji(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
TOSIN116:
angry did god asked you for ram before he forgive you? and why cant you ask your pastor undecided
there are enough pairs here to answer that
Re: God Created The Universe With Words, Why Couldn't He Forgive Our Sins With Same? by prinzfavian(m): 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
sKeetz:
Did God really need to send himself to sacrifice himself to save us from himself? Come on, he spoke the universe and everything in it into being.

Did he really need to go through that stress. All it needed was to say the word. If a programmer writes a bad code, it's his duty to debug it.

Hmmm.... This logic is faulty, so let me prove it to you...
First, I'm not a Trinitarian... Hence, for me according to the scriptures God sent his Son, Jesus Christ and not Himself....
So here is my first question to keep the discussion going...
At the bolded part, what word prescisely do you feel he should have said... I need to get that first...

1 Like

Re: God Created The Universe With Words, Why Couldn't He Forgive Our Sins With Same? by DoctorAlien(m): 5:21pm On Apr 09, 2018
Sin is the transgression of the Law(1 Jn. 3:4). This Law (the priniciples of and underlying which are suitably adapted for man in the 10 Commandments) is eternal, immutable, as holy and steadfast as the throne of GOD itself, and stipulates the death of the transgressor as the penalty for its transgression(Ezek. 18:20; Rom. 6:23). And only the life of the Giver of the Law can atone for the transgression of the Law.

You now see why Jesus had to die just to save man from damnation.

This is why the death of Jesus Christ for the sins of man is the greatest testimony to the fact that the 10 Commandments(including the 4th, which enjoins the observance of the seventh day Sabbath) is still binding on man. For could that law ever be repealed/rescinded, the death of Jesus would not have been necessary, since all it would take to deliver man from the penalty of the Law would be to repeal the Law. But the Law could not be repealed. Therefore the Lawgiver had to die if man was to be saved.
Re: God Created The Universe With Words, Why Couldn't He Forgive Our Sins With Same? by Primesky(m): 10:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
sKeetz:

It's true God created the Universe by His word and He also saved mankind (those who believe by His word). Kindly read it up!

John 1:1
In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with God and the WORD was God.

You can as well read through to verse three of the same chapter to see that this WORD indeed made all things. But this word became flesh.

At least you can't say He demanded it of you to shed your own blood, but He did shed His for you.

Why?

God had said, that without the shedding of blood (innocent, sinless blood), their is no forgiveness or remission of sin. And God honors His word more than His name. God does not just wave aside His word, or violate it. Never! Even earthly kings hardly go back on their words once spoken let alone the Almighty God.

Since He said that and cannot change it, and man cannot pay that price, out of love and concern, He (The WORD, Jesus Christ) became flesh, man with blood to shed His blood which is sinless for us, so we can be saved and live.

Embrace this gracious gift, because Satan and his fallen colleagues don't have such privilege and for this they envy, hate and are determined to not let us (humans) enjoy this salvation. But don't be deceived.

Jesus saves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Created The Universe With Words, Why Couldn't He Forgive Our Sins With Same? by sonofthunder: 5:35am On Apr 10, 2018
DoctorAlien:
Sin is the transgression of the Law(1 Jn. 3:4). This Law (the priniciples of and underlying which are suitably adapted for man in the 10 Commandments) is eternal, immutable, as holy and steadfast as the throne of GOD itself, and stipulates the death of the transgressor as the penalty for its transgression(Ezek. 18:20; Rom. 6:23). And only the life of the Giver of the Law can atone for the transgression of the Law.

You now see why Jesus had to die just to save man from damnation.

This is why the death of Jesus Christ for the sins of man is the greatest testimony to the fact that the 10 Commandments(including the 4th, which enjoins the observance of the seventh day Sabbath) is still binding on man. For could that law ever be repealed/rescinded, the death of Jesus would not have been necessary, since all it would take to deliver man from the penalty of the Law would be to repeal the Law. But the Law could not be repealed. Therefore the Lawgiver had to die if man was to be saved.
nice response there big brother, though I know not everyone would be in support of your second part response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Created The Universe With Words, Why Couldn't He Forgive Our Sins With Same? by sonofthunder: 5:38am On Apr 10, 2018
sKeetz:

Its evident you are most likely reposting something copied but that aside, God isn't saving us from Himself but from SIN.
modified...
also, please try and study the references by the 2 guys above me as well as john 3.
Re: God Created The Universe With Words, Why Couldn't He Forgive Our Sins With Same? by Auki: 9:35am On Apr 10, 2018
sKeetz:

The concept negate God Justice. That God the most merciful has to spill blood of Innocent Jesus to forgive His creatures for sin committed.

It is one of the most illogical of the roman paganism inserted into Christianity.
Re: God Created The Universe With Words, Why Couldn't He Forgive Our Sins With Same? by Emmanystone: 6:17pm On Apr 10, 2018
sKeetz:

Jesus is the Word God spoke for the world to come into existence.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Secrets Of God / Why Daddy Freeze Can Never Make Me Stop Sowing Seeds/giving / How Can I Move Forward In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.