Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration (23190 Views)

Interior Pictures Of The Trains To Be Used For The Lagos Light Rail / Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja / President Buhari Commissions Abuja Light Rail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by Iammercy2018: 2:26am On Apr 10, 2018
The 45-kilometre long Abuja Light Rail is ready for operation barring minor delay at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Station to be resolved this month, the FCT Administration said yesterday.

The Transport Secretary, FCTA, Kayode Opeifa, said on Monday that Lot A and Lot 3 of the entire stretch, which terminates at Bazango, is ready for operation.

He disclosed that the project, which was ready since December last year, was held up at the Abuja airport, where there was need for the train station and the terminal to be in place for the train to run.

“We are told that will be ready this month and the train terminal of just 20 metres link is ready, and that the president will inaugurate it, “ Opeifa said.

He said 12 stations, 21 operational offices, 13 bridges, 50 culverts and nine pedestrian over passes are all 100 per cent completed.

The light rail is also touted for its uniqueness as the first rail in the country without pedestrian crossing.
It will pass through about 12 satellite towns and boost economic activities along the corridor of Gwagwa, Kalgoni, DeiDei, Kubwa, Kokoaba,Asa and Dasonga, among others.

It is not the same as the national rail but it will interface with the national line at two points- Idu and Gwagwa, where there would be interchanges to join the Kaduna line.

Opeifa added that the high speed train Lot 2 from Gwagwa through Karimu, Jabi, Utako to link up with the Central Business District is under private partnership concession, while the design for the ambitious Lots four, five and and that to link Nyanya with Keffi had been approved.

He also said FCTA had impounded 17,112 vehicles for traffic offences under Operation Giraffe, out of 500,000 vehicles registered in the territory.

The impounded vehicles represented 3.4 per cent of vehicles on FCT roads

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/04/10/abuja-light-rail-ready-for-inauguration/amp/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by deedo93(m): 3:06am On Apr 10, 2018
Nice development. FTC! Dedicate this one to God all mighty, to my moms and my pops, thanks for the support without u guy i would have been nothing . To bae , ive finally made it thanks for being there. To my homies, am bringing home the crown. PEACE!

14 Likes

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by pode(m): 3:29am On Apr 10, 2018
With joy in mine heart, this is were I say Good news, good news, good news to all Nigerians

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by bjayx: 5:08am On Apr 10, 2018
I hope its true...too much lies from this govt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by Iammercy2018: 10:22am On Apr 10, 2018
Just some little touches left to do according to them it'll be ready next month.
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by Blue3k(m): 1:47pm On Apr 10, 2018
Sounds good. Lagos should be impounding the truckers vehicles. It would be great way to make revenue for the state aswell. If the don't comeback for trucks auction them to highest bidder.

He also said FCTA had impounded 17,112 vehicles for traffic offences under Operation Giraffe, out of 500,000 vehicles registered in the territory.
The impounded vehicles represented 3.4 per cent of vehicles on FCT roads.

Front Page: Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by addistison: 3:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
okay
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by castrol180(m): 3:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
if this could be done whole heartedly and with utmost mind, then road accidents caused by long vehicles of the rich men would be reduced on our roads...also let states replicate this and it shall be well with all and sundry

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 3:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
shocked shocked

Buhari trying to claim the glory of what past governments started.

As usual, if you ask the zombies to list one project Buhari initiated and completed, they will be like....

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by sethxy: 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2018
Refurbished trains!!! God help us.
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by Super1759: 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2018
Special Thanks to This Man. He was the fore brain behind it.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by asawanathegreat(m): 3:31pm On Apr 10, 2018
Welcome ideal
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by cyberdurable(m): 3:32pm On Apr 10, 2018
And someone is telling me that Buhari isn't Working...
If I slap you wailers eh!!! Buhari for 2019 undecided

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by Bimpe29: 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2018
This is cheering.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by Tolams16(m): 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2018
A must watch! Pls like comment and tag som1. Thanks�..https://www.instagram.com/p/BhYprBTnB5j/
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by Guapismo: 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2018
Nice development, But the problem is how it's going to be maintained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by magzey: 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
Na now work begin ,Sai BABA

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by cooltola(m): 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
So the federal government abandoned Lagos states to develop Abuja FCT. Lagos generates a lot of money , just mismanaged by some myopic Yoruba leaders who cannot even think with their brain, find a way to develop efficient train system that will ease traffic congestion, look for alternate way to generate electricity which will eventually help grow businesses and generate trillions of dollars enough for everyone to eat. If only we had leaders with visions.
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by phayvoursky(m): 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
Anything associated with light doesn't work in this country.

Darkness has comprehended the light
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by anibirelawal(m): 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
Good work!
Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
BMC go smile grin

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by SillyMods: 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
Youths of Nigeria are the most ignorant and gullible in the whole world.

They don't know those who fight for them.

PMB remains the only president who means we'll for Nigeria since 1999.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by EndtimeJudge(m): 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
Please i need a job. I studied Mass Communication. and I am sure i can do any job aside science related jobs
I believe God can use you for me, and i will send me CV if required. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
Waiting for them to say Jonathan or Obasanjo initiate it. We don't care, the man who does the work is all we care.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by Goddex: 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
Thank you GEJ.
I don't know why Buhari govt delayed completion of a
project that was already 90% completed until now

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration by Guyman02: 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
why use picture of train from another country?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailer Poured Its Contents On JIBOWU BRIDGE Towards The Mainland - Pictured / Zoo Road Underpass Flyover Kano: Construction Photos / Makurdi-port Harcourt Rail Line Opens For Commuters - Channelstv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.