Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,814 members, 7,810,126 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) (35822 Views)

FG Shuts Down Med Contour Plastic Surgery Facility After Botched Surgery (photos / OHAI Changed The Life Of A 72-Year-Old Woman Through Surgery (Photos) / Woman With Massive Goiter For Over 18Years All Smiles After Successful Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by dainformant(m): 7:20pm On Apr 10, 2018
A woman has been overwhelmed with joy after undergoing a successful surgery to to remove the goiter she carried for 10 years.. The woman who revealed how the growth had been a burden to her - reportedly said after the surgery; “I am so comfortable now, I feel free to move and eat and breathe with no problems!”

According to reports, her family has even started calling her ‘the resurrected one,’ believing she has come from the brink of death back into a full life

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/woman-all-smiles-after-undergoing-surgery-to-remove-huge-goiter-of-10-years-photos.html

5 Likes

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by otusnora(f): 7:24pm On Apr 10, 2018
Wow. Thank God o.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 10, 2018
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Congrats!!

I'm happy for her. 10years?!!

make I go dey eat iodized salt grin

☣ ☠

8 Likes

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by ossaisly(m): 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2018
No one is truly ugly. Only lack of money or poverty does

1 Like

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by greatjoshy(m): 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2018
Glory to God! cheesy
I am happy for her, at last men can start coming to her for marriage. kiss wink
But what causes it please, can someone educate me? undecided :-
Where are those science students sef?

2 Likes

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by JoshB92: 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2018
What is even the cause of this

Well praise the lord for your resurrection!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by MsLalasticlala(f): 9:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
You really resurrected Jor

3 Likes

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by Adeyinka123: 9:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
Glory be to the Almighty GOD

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by sirgalahad26(m): 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
happy for her!

1 Like

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by SirLakes: 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
So happy for her though Barca spilt my night

Barca Why?

1 Like

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by pejuakinab: 9:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
Good luck to her.
Go and sin no more
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by itsede: 9:40pm On Apr 10, 2018
Congratulations! Continue to enjoy God's grace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by shepherd003: 9:40pm On Apr 10, 2018
:Dbless you ma'am
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by jalay(m): 9:42pm On Apr 10, 2018
ThankGod
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by Odioko1(m): 9:43pm On Apr 10, 2018
[size=8pt][/size]

3 Likes

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 10, 2018
Happy for her!
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by boolet: 9:51pm On Apr 10, 2018
Wow I can imagine the relief.
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by Nancydearie(f): 9:53pm On Apr 10, 2018
greatjoshy:
Glory to God! cheesy
Goitre is an abnormal enlargement of thyroid gland which occurs as a result of lack of dietary iodine or it's more often due to the over- or underproduction of thyroid hormones T3 and T4

7 Likes

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by kode12: 9:54pm On Apr 10, 2018
greatjoshy:
Glory to God! cheesy
If I can remember primary school classes correctly, goiter is as a result of a lack of iodine in the body, which can easily be prevented by taking refined iodized salts. That's what I can remember being taught in primary /junior school. If that's actually the case, goiter is one very simple disease to prevent though.

2 Likes

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by highbee02: 9:58pm On Apr 10, 2018
greatjoshy:
Glory to God! cheesy

it's as a result of the over secretion of a hormone called Thyroxin. The Thyroid gland is located in the neck region

6 Likes

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by selfemployed(m): 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
dainformant:
A woman has been overwhelmed with joy after undergoing a successful surgery to to remove the goiter she carried for 10 years.. The woman who revealed how the growth had been a burden to her - reportedly said after the surgery; “I am so comfortable now, I feel free to move and eat and breathe with no problems!”

According to reports, her family has even started calling her ‘the resurrected one,’ believing she has come from the brink of death back into a full life

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/woman-all-smiles-after-undergoing-surgery-to-remove-huge-goiter-of-10-years-photos.html

Wow
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by greatjoshy(m): 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
Nancydearie:
Goitre is an abnormal enlargement of thyroid gland which occurs as a result of lack of dietary iodine or it's more often due to the over- or underproduction of thyroid hormones T3 and T4
Wow.. Like seriously? Thanks alot for taking time to explain to me
So if I understand you well, the lack of dietary iodine means 'lack of the adequate intake of good refined salt'.... Are we on same page if I say so?
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by greatjoshy(m): 10:02pm On Apr 10, 2018
kode12:

If I can remember primary school classes correctly, goiter is as a result of a lack of iodine in the body, which can easily be prevented by taking refined iodized salts. That's what I can remember being taught in primary /junior school. If that's actually the case, goiter is one very simple disease to prevent though.
Thanks alot bro....
If it's so then it is very easy to prevent.... I wonder why some people don't consume refined iodized salt and it's not so expensive that they can't afford to buy
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by Jsucre(m): 10:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
greatjoshy:
Glory to God! cheesy I am happy for her, at last men can start coming to her for marriage. kiss wink But what causes it please, can someone educate me? undecided :- Where are those science students sef?

alomo, opa eyin and the likes

1 Like

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by Bludaie: 10:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
The term non-toxic goiter refers to enlargement of the thyroid that is not associated with over production of thyroid hormone or malignancy. The thyroid can become very large so that it can easily be seen as a mass in the neck.
There are a number of factors that may cause the thyroid gland to become enlarged. A diet deficient in iodine can cause a goiter, but this is rarely the cause because of the readily available iodine in our diets. A more common cause of goiter in America is an increase in thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) in response to a defect in normal hormone synthesis within the thyroid gland. The thyroid stimulating hormone comes from the pituitary and causes the thyroid to enlarge. This enlargement usually takes many years to become manifest.

2 Likes

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by kode12: 10:07pm On Apr 10, 2018
greatjoshy:

Thanks alot bro....
If it's so then it is very easy to prevent.... I wonder why some people don't consume refined iodized salt and it's not so expensive that they can't afford to buy
I suspect some other lesser known causes though, maybe infections or hormonal issues, stuff like that. But majorly, Iodine deficiency seems to be the cause. But most people take iodized salt so who knows

1 Like

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by mechanics(m): 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2018
wow, thank God for the safe surgery.
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by greatjoshy(m): 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2018
kode12:

I suspect some other lesser known causes though, maybe infections or hormonal issues, stuff like that. But majorly, Iodine deficiency seems to be the cause. But most people take iodized salt so who knows
Yeah.... I agree with you....
There must be other causes because if there's non then our fellows in the north that consumes so much unrefined salts would have been moving around with such load
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by greatjoshy(m): 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2018
highbee02:

it's as a result of the over secretion of a hormone called Thyroxin. The Thyroid gland is located in the neck region
Hmm Good please safe ur children..
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by joeGH: 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2018
Nancydearie:
Yeah.. However, it may also be due to a secondary reaction to a hyper secretion of the hypothalamic hormone- thyrotropin- releasing hormone or hyper secretion of the pituitary hormone thyrotropin probably due to a tumor of the pituitary gland n the hypothalamus. Chronic intake of certain drugs high or low in Iodine such as lithium n contrast agents used during x-ray studies have also been implicated to cause goitre.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You / 7 Signs You Are Unhealthy But You Probably Ignore / Lady Shares Her 3-Year Amazing Body Transformation Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.