Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 (65342 Views)

Roma Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 10th April 2018 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (2 - 3) On 7th April 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by P0intBlank(m): 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2018
bettercreature:
They can not beat liverpool away,Klopp make a deadly mistake substituting Firmino and Salah it killed the team

Football is unpredictable.

Would have placed a bet that Roma would beat both Chelsea and Barca 3-0 or that Juventus would lead 3-0 at the Bernabéu?
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Saladin25(m): 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2018
naturalwaves:

Yeah. Helped him to discover himself and his play pattern. Helped him to perfect alot of things. Some footballers cannot cope with pressure and panic under it. If you play in a big club, you have to be able to calm down and face the pressure. Some players prefer a calm and no pressure environment to do well. When Salah was at Chelsea, my friends used to say he get speed but no get sense. Lol
But now the doubters can see what he is doing. I wanted him to come back to Chelsea after his loan spell at Fiorentina, but he made the right choice
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by nanakgh(m): 9:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
MEILYN:
When all English teams and fans all over the world are praying for Liverpool to win. I wonder why some fans especially in Nigeria watch football with hate. They don't know how to watch football or who to support. Any English team fan who supports Roma, I don't know what to call him/ her.

Plastic. They're called plastic fans. U welcome
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 9:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
spencekat:
Liverpool will score at least a goal at Rome.They are already in the final.The return leg will end 2:1 in favour of AS Roma.There will be NO comeback on that day.
See, lemme tell you, Roma cannot win Liverpool even in Rome. Just bookmark this page, Liverpool will beat them home and away.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by greenprince(m): 9:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
Sanchez01:

I'm seeing an uncanny comeback. Liverpool has done their best. The second leg would be in Italy. For staunch followers of football, it won't be hard to figure that Italian teams hide their flaws and delight in the frenzy of their fans. The margin is three now. Roma would need to work on their back line and midfield ahead of the second leg.

All is not cast in stone as it stands.

So true..... Roma hasn't conceded a goal at home in the champions league this season. It will be tough for fragile Liverpool.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by tidedroid: 9:57pm On Apr 24, 2018
MrMystrO:
Wow... Liverpool has really come a long way sha. To think that thia was their forward line some years back actually amuses me Lol
Lambert is old(even back then),don't understand what clubs see or ever saw in borini,balotelli stats are actually pretty good over the last two seasons(22goals in 34games via who scored .com) in nice its just that back then(in his Liverpool career) the boy refused to have sense
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by P0intBlank(m): 9:57pm On Apr 24, 2018
Hhenryy:

Forget it, Liverpool will certainly score at roma and you know what that means, even if it's just a goal. It's difficult not to conceded when you are playing with this current Liverpool squad. only few teams have managed the feat of not conceding while playing them this season.

Forget their show against Barca, complacency killed barca and I believe Liverpool will learn from that. As far as I'm concerned, the tie is beyond Roma.

Same way I thought Chelsea and Barca would score in Rome

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by greenprince(m): 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2018
MosquitoREBIRTH:
See, lemme tell you, Roma cannot win Liverpool even in Rome. Just bookmark this page, Liverpool will beat them home and away.

Those guys haven't conceded at home this season in UCL.
Not lost..... conceded I said.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by makydebbie(f): 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2018
Lalas247:

we reject it..
I will be hopeful sha

uve been Mia maka why sad anyway gotta go
only came.online for the match ... see ya
We're optimistic.
Okay babe, catch ya lerra. kiss
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by yemi15(m): 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2018
Sanchez01:

The lust for attack is admirable but this Liverpool team would need to do a whole lot better to beat/contain Real Madrid. Their midfield, for a start would need to be charged, else, Modric and Kroos and possibly Casemiro would roam freely and keep the back line on their toes. A free midfield for Madrid means a free scoring Ronaldo.

And a free scoring attack means a Real Madrid defense conceding goals which they always do. Goes both ways.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Maxcollins042(m): 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2018
Liverpool's gegen press is reminiscent of

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by BlackManta(m): 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
I doubt if its about defence.

Its just tempo.

Removing Salah eased Roma and they attacked. Every time Salah get off after a lead, we struggle.

The same story occurred at West Brom
We were winning 2-0. Salah was removed and the match ended 2-2.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by emperormossad(m): 10:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
tundeayo2020:
For neymar mind him think say he's better than messi. And he thought by leaving camp nou, he will have a better shot at world best player. This year go shock am like kilode, even sixth position him fit nor see self.

That young man just killed his career with pride and greed.

Keep quiet, as if Psg come buy you you no go gree comot, ontop everything wey dem promise am. Oya lie.
Mtcheew.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by maisauki: 10:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
D same mistake klopp did against man city is ds again hè has done again Roma... Man city almost equalised in St premier league match
Well sha, Roma has shown to be a second game team while Madrid has shown to take advantage from d very first game. With ds, I pray Roma dump Liverpool out in d return leg while Madrid also advance to the final.... D rest will be history as I know Madrid won't disappoint

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by yemi15(m): 10:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
mikron:
baba I am not watching this match o. Too tired to go out to watch.

You missed bro. 50 naira well spent for me. If Man United plays this kind of football at any time, I will watch them which I don't for now as their football is boring to say the least.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Amarabae(f): 10:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
Which stage of the champions league is this?
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by chiboy1116: 10:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
Valverde and unai has made we football fans think coming back from a 3 -4 goals is so easy ....mehn it just feels like we (Barcelona) lost again ....I am so done with DAT coward of a coach valverde....dis shows DAT playing conservative football in the UCL won't get u any where I hope mourinho ,valverde ,emery has learnt something ....kloop just played defensively for 15mins and he almost conceded 4 gols ....#valverdeout .....I just don't get dis .kloop just taught dis useless barca coach how to play attacking football and not b*tch around like a Arrow Bleep valverde
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by spencekat(m): 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2018
MosquitoREBIRTH:
As a Chelsea fan,I would like Liverpool to progress to the final and probably lift the trophy.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2018
Sheuns:

Everyone thought Barca could score in Rome too. This tie is very open. Liverpool messed up
Liverpool FC will beat AS Roma in Italy, go and write this on a wall that doesn't soak water

6 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Hhenryy: 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
BlackManta:
Salah is not a defender but whenever he's on the pitch, Liverpool's opponents are afraid.

You know salah is the main threat and if he is still on the pitch, he will draw the attention of more Roma players as they have to keep an eye on him, there by limiting their play. Removing salah gave roma freedom and confidence to operate.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by spencekat(m): 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
greenprince:

Records are meant to be broken.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Oluwolex2000(m): 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2018
Wonderful.

By the ways, for your professional logo | banner creation | Flyers | Graphics designs,

Contact (whatsapp only) 08104039504

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by CSTR1003: 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
Silentscreamer:
Barca dodged a bullet
Liverpool would have obliterated Barcelona with that their useless defence.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Godhead4(m): 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
Amarabae:
Which stage of the champions league is this?

Semi-finals 1st leg
Didn't you see it written on front page?

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by obonujoker(m): 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
Messi vs Roma (180mins) 0 goals, 0 assist.. 100,000dribbles....

Salah vs Roma (70mins) 2 goals, 2 assist...

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
Jaybeee:
Lol.. Now dey jst need 3 goals at home

Three goals is not"just"

Liverpool is sure to score in Rome.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by samcus(m): 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
Everyone get your PVC ; Mo Salah for FIFA best player 2019... Corruption in football must end this year!

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Roma needed 3 goals against Barca they got it... Now they need same against Liverpool grin they will get it

And then Madrid will finish them in final tongue
You talk like Buhari angry

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by daveP(m): 10:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
who is here to gimme one reason to why Salah won't take the Balon d'Or?

Klopp trusts Arnold, and Roma attack wanted to use his inexperience to their advantage. it didn't work.

I expect Africans to start with their wash down mentality as usual.

wonder what Messi and Ronaldo have done this season to still take top spot at that award.

None of these two have done a two goals and two assists in a 1/2 legs, and a semi final for that matter.

Roma would try hard, I trust them to. But they can't close up that defence that is uncoordinated despite having 5men at the back.

Salah would score, and so would Mane.

FMS would smell and taste that final and they would win it.

Klopp have to talk to Lovren. what nonsense is that.

Chamberlain would definitely be influential if he recovers.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 10:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
greenprince:

i understand you. But i tell you, Liverpool go beat them. A BIG team cant beat their chest and say they would win liverpool anytime. They can easily loose to the worst team in this world but a BIG team? They have to be extra good.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by bossman77(m): 10:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
2nd leg ROMA 3 v LIVERPOOL 0
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by NonFarmPayrol: 10:11pm On Apr 24, 2018
naturalwaves:

Hahahahaha. World Best is what you call "common"? No ooo. Anyone who is even part of the 5 best footballer in the whole world has tried jare. Sometimes, you need to pity these guys. No be beans to even be the 10th best footballer in the whole world. It is just like me being the 3rd best programmer in the world or even being the top 10.wouldn't that be awesome? Do not be too hard on these guys o. Check your career and ask yourself if you are or can make a list of top 1000 professionals in your field .That is when you will realise that no be moin moin.

Yea that's why I said he is. No where near messi and Rinaldo

Cause world best is common to those two

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 0) On 19th September 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.