Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 (4695 Views)

Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona / Braithwaite: "I Won't Wash After Hugging Messi" As Messi Scores 4 In A Game / Argentina Fans Begged Super Eagles To Win Iceland For Messi. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by akinzgist(m): 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2018
Roma beat Barcelona on away goals in Champions League quarter-final – as it happened
Roma complete extraordinary comeback thanks to late goal by Manolas
Full-time: Roma 3-0 Barcelona (Agg: 4-4 – Roma win on away goals)
Roma have their Romatada ! And mamma mia, how they deserved it! They overwhelmed Barcelona from start to finish and had the Catalans trying to hang on from the opening stages. But Messi & Co couldn’t manage it. What a performance by the hosts. Roma are in wonderland!

http://silicongist.com.ng/2018/04/10/one-word-for-messi-as-roma-beats-barcelona-3-0/

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by HallaDaTruth: 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2018
Lionel Messi is a scam

13 Likes

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by mrtomola(m): 10:08pm On Apr 10, 2018
He gotta learn from CR7 .

7 Likes

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by Oluwasaeon(m): 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2018
mrtomola:
He gotta learn from CR7 .
HallaDaTruth:
Lionel Messi is a scam
Really?

1 Like

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by ufuosman(m): 10:31pm On Apr 10, 2018
Is a game of football, Messi is good

3 Likes

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by Remmythe: 10:34pm On Apr 10, 2018
He's simply undetermined
no fool should kom here and tell me he had a bad day,remember he didn't score in d first leg too and today's performance is even worse
it's not surprising tho,he's always in his shell whenever iniesta is not playing well,and whenever he's playing an italian club

9 Likes

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by SaintOpzy(m): 10:50pm On Apr 10, 2018
Remmythe:
He's simply undetermined
no fool should kom here and tell me he had a bad day,remember he didn't score in d first leg too and today's performance is even worse
it's not surprising tho,he's always in his shell whenever iniesta is not playing well,and whenever he's playing an italian club

Juventus no b Italian club... Ode oshi

3 Likes

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by giftedheart1(m): 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2018
Remmythe:
He's simply undetermined
oga defender, wehdone sire...how much did Messi pay for this? Messi is good, but RONALDO is the BEST!!!

Barca fans...oya pick 3!!!
i just cant stop laughing since, i even saw messi running inside the dressing room

3 Likes

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by datfreshdoc(m): 11:18pm On Apr 10, 2018
o2.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by charlieLegend(m): 11:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
messi is truly a king. that fact I don't dispute.

the other is a god.
yes. a god of soccer. CR7.

there is nothing wrong comparing messi with pele and maradona. afterall u only compare like with like.

CR7 can only be compare to Zeus and other gods of ages.

14 Likes

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by TheOtherRoom: 3:41am On Apr 11, 2018
Remmythe:
He's simply undetermined
Juventus must be a Spanish team

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by LegallyBlunt: 3:51am On Apr 11, 2018
Clueless
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by laribari(m): 6:49am On Apr 11, 2018
Remmythe:
He's simply undetermined

Barca were lucky to pass chelsea sef (those ones with their bad luck). Willian could have finished the game in the first leg (hitting the bar twice) which would have been 3-0 before barca equalized and they also out played barca even at camp nou (second leg), hitting the bar twice again in Spain and had a legitimate penalty disallowed on Alonso which worked for Roma, only for Messi brillance on the night to knockout chelsea.

Barca this year really didn't deserve to go through to the semi final, just like how chelsea played in spain, Roma was largely the beta side and Barca eventually gave in to the pressure. #edin dzeko. (big centre forward)

If Messi isn't scoring, barca suffers and Suarez is shiit. Haven't brought anything on his own to this year's ucl for barca when it counts most. I wonder how life without Messi will be for them. Messi type comes once in a century. The entire success of barca under Messi has been from Messi. Both coach and playrs have benefitted from him.

Since Pep Guadiola left Messi, how many ucl did he win in 5 yrs? Okay wait, that is too high.

How many ucl final did Pep Guadiola play in the last 5 seasons? None! The best for him has been semi final and the worst is second round.

Pep (considered to be the greatest coach) had enuf time to build his bayern team to play his style and how he wanted them to play but that still didn't help him. Why? The X-factor is missing. Messi single handedly win you games.

5 Likes

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by skimmy005: 6:54am On Apr 11, 2018
Lionel messi is the best player ever #fact

2 Likes

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by adexdon(m): 6:58am On Apr 11, 2018
if ur gal frnd she is barca fanz she cant nt be reliable
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by laribari(m): 7:10am On Apr 11, 2018
skimmy005:
Lionel messi is the best player ever #fact

I agree with you. All time best.

People can talk about Argentina or world cup but you don't have to win those to be the best.

How many ucl or Ballon d'ior does maradona has? How many world best or ucl does Ronaldo da lima has? Not even one ucl title. How many world best or world club trophy Pele get? Only made name with national team, yet they rate him as the king. In terms of goals scored, records broken, history created, Messi and even cr7 top the list. They are the greatest.

You rate a player on how many individual world award he or she has and Messi is the greatest in that. 5 Ballon d'ior awards and cr7 5 too. Cr7 is doing a chase on Messi to always trying to equal Messi in awarding terms and I must give kudos.

4 Likes

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by xedyl(m): 7:35am On Apr 11, 2018
laribari:

People can talk about Argentina or world cup but you don't have to win those to be the best.

How many ucl or Ballon d'ior does maradona has? How many world best or ucl does Ronaldo da lima has? Not even one ucl title. How many world best or world club trophy Pele get? Only made name with national team, yet they rate him as the king. In terms of goals scored, records broken, history created, Messi and even cr7 top the list. They are the greatest.

You rate a player on how many individual world award he or she has and Messi is the greatest in that. 5 Ballon d'ior awards and cr7 5 too. Cr7 is doing a chase on Messi to always trying to equal Messi in awarding terms and I must give kudos.

For the record Pele won 3 World cup trophies.

1 Like

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 11, 2018
bye bye to Barcelona
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by akinzgist(m): 8:18am On Apr 11, 2018
akinzgist:
Roma beat Barcelona on away goals in Champions League quarter-final – as it happened
Roma have their Romatada ! And mamma mia, how they deserved it! They overwhelmed Barcelona from start to finish and had the Catalans trying to hang on from the opening stages. But Messi & Co couldn’t manage it. What a performance by the hosts. Roma are in wonderland!

http://silicongist.com.ng/2018/04/10/one-word-for-messi-as-roma-beats-barcelona-3-0/
more post below
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by sweetjohn(m): 8:32am On Apr 11, 2018
laribari:

Pele won 3 wc trophies... winning a world Cup is bigger than winning a champion league plus wc is more difficult to win. thousands if not million footballers and many clubs have won the cl but only few countries not up to ten have had the opportunity to win the wc... therefore Pele is the greatest
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:29am On Apr 11, 2018
I simply do not know why football fans think Ronaldo is better than Messi.

1 Like

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by laribari(m): 9:32am On Apr 11, 2018
xedyl:

For the record Pele won 3 World cup trophies.

Who is talking of world cup? So with all the analysis u still think I don't know he won 3 WC?

OK ask yourself. How many individual record does Pele have? Pele won 3 world cup, na only him play am? You can say the same for some of his team mates.

See the point. TODAY THE UCL IS MORE PRESTIGIOUS THAN THE WORLD CUP and I will tell u why. The ucl of today is what the world cup of those days is.

Is Ballon d'ior (player of the year award) which is a fifa award based on national team exploits or club side? World cup is once in 4 yrs and plays no part in Ballon d'ior except maybe in a world Cup year.

World cup is a collective award and back then I doubt if there is anything as golden ball (player of tournament) not categorically world best. World best award has been refined and it's the pinnacle of any individual award you can think of. Messi has 5.

Messi has broken la Liga all time scorer award, Ronaldo has done same too. They have out scored evryone in a league like spain since the football started there.
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by laribari(m): 9:39am On Apr 11, 2018
sweetjohn:
Pele won 3 wc trophies... winning a world Cup is bigger than winning a champion league plus wc is more difficult to win. thousands if not million footballers and many clubs have won the cl but only few countries not up to ten have had the opportunity to win the wc... therefore Pele is the greatest

Who is talking of world cup? So with all the analysis u still think I don't know he won 3 WC?

OK ask yourself. How many individual record does Pele have? Pele won 3 world cup, na only him play am? You can say the same for some of his team mates.

See the point. TODAY THE UCL IS MORE PRESTIGIOUS THAN THE WORLD CUP and I will tell u why. The ucl of today is what the world cup of those days is.

Is Ballon d'ior (player of the year award) which is a fifa award based on national team exploits or club side? World cup is once in 4 yrs and plays no part in Ballon d'ior except maybe in a world Cup year.

World cup is a collective award and back then I doubt if there is anything as golden ball (player of tournament) not categorically world best but best player in the tournament. World best award has been refined and it's the pinnacle of any individual award you can think of. Messi has 5.

Messi has broken la Liga all time scorer award, Ronaldo has done same too. They have out scored evryone in a league like spain since the football started there.

WHEN YOU DO SO WELL AT THE WORLD CUP LIKE CANNAVARO, WHAT DO YOU GET IN RETURN? BALLON DIOR! IF YOU DO SO WELL IN A PERIOD WHEN THERE IS NO WORLDCUP, THEN UCL AND WORLD CLUB CUP REPLACES WORLD CUP. THEY BECOME SAME IN TERMS OF EVALUATING A PLAYER AND IN WEIGHT.

SO BEST CLUB PLAYER GETS WHAT? ISN'T IT THE SAME BALLON DIOR THAT A WORLD CUP BEST GOT AND CANAVARRO IS AN EXAMPLE.

SO HOW IS WORLD CUP BIGGER IN TERMS OF EVALUATING PLAYERS? BE ENLIGHTENED ABEG, UCL HAS BEEN REFINED. YOU DON'T GET TO SEE THE BEST AT THE WORLD CUP BUT CLUBSIDE. ASK GEORGE WEAH IF HE WAS JUDGED WITH LIBERIA OR IF HE WENT TO ANY WORLD CUP.

PELE HAS 3 WORLD CUP (INDIVIDUAL AWARD WILL BE 3 BALLON DIOR).
MESSI/CR7 5 BALLON DIOR
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by JamieRocks(m): 9:42am On Apr 11, 2018
akinzgist:

It's simply called KARMA... remember what happened between Barca and PSG last season
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by mrtomola(m): 9:49am On Apr 11, 2018
Oluwasaeon:
I simply do not know why football fans think Ronaldo is better than Messi.

Just because you are the type who does not appreciate or believe working-hard pays.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by rafofficia(m): 10:03am On Apr 11, 2018
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by Oluwasaeon(m): 10:14am On Apr 11, 2018
mrtomola:

Just because you are the type who does not appreciate or believe working-hard pays.
I appreciate and believe in hard work. And that is exactly why Ronaldo is just below Messi, otherwise...
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by naturalwaves: 11:13am On Apr 11, 2018
Oluwasaeon:

I appreciate and believe in hard work. And that is exactly why Ronaldo is just below Messi, otherwise...
The thread talks about Messi, you still found a way to tag Ronaldo along. I don't know why you guys that blindly thinks Messi is better than Ronaldo don't tend to use common sense and suffer from so much inferiority. Why didn't Messi score a "tap in" yesterday? In football, being at the right place at the right time is more important than moving about with the ball. My coach always says..... Let the ball do the running, that's why it can be played. All the so called tap ins Ronaldo was accused of took special techniques, he even places them and always check the run up, he has mastered the art of knowing where a ball is gonna be, that takes a certain level of genius. Even when Ronaldo scores with his head, fools will almost say he scored a head tap in grin. They say he is arrogant but Ibrahimovic is so arrogant yet, people like Ibra for his arrogance but hate Ronaldo for merely being proud of himself. These 3 seasons in the champions league, Ronaldo has lived up to all expectations and lifted his team when it mattered most. There is no basis for comparison. In the champs league, he has been more clinical, decisive and vital than the whole front line of the Barça team. Ronaldo is a personal inspiration and I usually say to myself that, if people can hate Ronaldo despite how good he is and despite the fact that he is the best footballer in the whole wide world, how muchmore me? It makes me worry less about haters. He scored one of the most executed bicycle kicks in history the last time and rather than just have fun and applaud him,these sore losers brought alot of unnecessary arguments. Ronaldo is currently on a class of his own. Messi isn't bad either. They are two classical players that play different styles. It depends on what appeals to you most. If an Artist made a player it would be Messi. If an Engineer designed a player, it would be Ronaldo. Messi is artistic, Ronaldo is a machine. Depends on your preference. As for me, I prefer the effective machine.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by Oluwasaeon(m): 11:36am On Apr 11, 2018
naturalwaves:

The thread talks about Messi, you still found a way to tag Ronaldo along. I don't know why you guys that blindly thinks Messi is better than Ronaldo don't tend to use common sense and suffer from so much inferiority. Why didn't Messi score a "tap in" yesterday? In football, being at the right place at the right time is more important than moving about with the ball. My coach always says..... Let the ball do the running, that's why it can be played. All the so called tap ins Ronaldo was accused of took special techniques, he even places them and always check the run up, he has mastered the act of knowing where a ball is gonna be, that takes a certain level of genius. Even when Ronaldo scores with his head, fools will almost say he scored a head tap in grin. They say he is arrogant but Ibrahimovic is so arrogant yet, people like Ibra for his arrogance but hate Ronaldo for merely being proud of himself. These 3 seasons in the champions league, Ronaldo has lived up to all expectations and lifted his team when it mattered most. There is no basis for comparison. In the champs league, he has been more clinical, decisive and vital than the whole front line of the Barça team. Ronaldo is a personal inspiration and I usually say to myself that, if people can hate Ronaldo despite how good he is and despite the fact that he is the best footballer in the whole wide world, how muchmore me? It makes me worry less about haters. He scored one of the most executed bicycle kicks in history the last time and rather than just have fun and applaud him,these sore losers brought alot of unnecessary arguments. Ronaldo is currently on a class of his own. Messi isn't bad either. They are two classical players that play different styles. It depends on what appeals to you most. If an Artist made a player it would be Messi. If an Engineer designed a player, it would be Ronaldo. Messi is artistic, Ronaldo is a machine. Depends on your preference. As for me, I prefer the effective machine.
I like Ronaldo more but I prefer Messi's type of football

1 Like

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by naturalwaves: 12:19pm On Apr 11, 2018
Oluwasaeon:

I like Ronaldo more but I prefer Messi's type of football
Good. That does not in anyway mean that one is better. Comparing them is even awkward.

1 Like

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by sweetjohn(m): 10:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
laribari:

See the point. ..

Of Ballon d'ior (player of the year award) which is a fifa award based on national team exploits or club side? World cup is once in 4 yrs and plays no part in Ballon d'ior except maybe in a world Cup year.

World cup is a collective award and back then I doubt if there is anything as golden ball (player of tournament) not categorically world best but best player in the tournament. World best award has been refined and it's the pinnacle of any individual award you can think of. Messi has 5.

no

WHEN YOU DO SO WELL AT THE WORLD CUP LIKE CANNAVARO, WHAT DO YOU GET IN RETURN? BALLON DIOR! IF YOU DO SO WELL IN A PERIOD WHEN THERE IS NO WORLDCUP, THEN UCL AND WORLD CLUB CUP REPLACES WORLD CUP. THEY BECOME SAME IN TERMS OF EVALUATING A PLAYER AND IN WEIGHT.

SO BEST CLUB PLAYER GETS WHAT? ISN'T IT THE SAME BALLON DIOR THAT A WORLD CUP BEST GOT AND CANAVARRO IS AN EXAMPLE.

SO HOW IS WORLD CUP BIGGER IN TERMS OF EVALUATING PLAYERS? BE ENLIGHTENED ABEG, UCL HAS BEEN REFINED. YOU DON'T GET TO SEE THE BEST AT THE WORLD CUP BUT CLUBSIDE. ASK GEORGE WEAH IF HE WAS JUDGED WITH LIBERIA OR IF HE WENT TO ANY WORLD CUP.

PELE HAS 3 WORLD CUP (INDIVIDUAL AWARD WILL BE 3 BALLON DIOR).
MESSI/CR7 5 BALLON DIOR
so if you are a player and I am to be God and I ask you to choose BTW wc and cl you will choose cl abi

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Super Falcons Coach Invites 36 Players To Camp / Top 10 African Richest Footballers And Their Net Worth / The Abuja International Marathon Has Been Postponed To April 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.