Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,856 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth (29535 Views)

6 Foods You're Consuming Daily That Are Slowly Destroying Your Kidneys / You Are Destroying Your Brain If You Keep Doing These Six Things / How Your Smartphone Is Destroying Your Eye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by Unlimited419: 3:45am On Apr 11, 2018

The teeth are an aspect of the body that most people ignore until it begins to hurt.

We all should pay more attention to our oral health and I am not just talking about bad breath but the strength of the teeth as well. Weak or chipped teeth fall out and can lead to incessant toothache.

Therefore, some of the habits you should desist from are:
1. Chewing ice

I have met people who have no qualms with popping some ice cubes in their mouth. While this might seem like a fun habit, chewing on such hard substances can chip the teeth, not to mention what the coldness can do to the teeth- weaken them.

2. Lozenges

They are good for soothing sore throats but most have some sugar added. If you happen to chew them, they coat your teeth just as regular candy would. So, be sure to brush your teeth afterward to avoid cavities.

3. Tongue piercing

While it may seem like a fashion statement, you pose the risk of infection. Also, metal consistently rubbing against your gum can weaken the gum.

4. Soft drinks

Many of us can’t eat a meal without a bottle of soft drink but the sugar and acidic content wear the enamel.

5. Grinding your teeth

So many people do this unconsciously, especially in their sleep. Over time, this habit can wear the teeth and even cause pain. It is best to wear a mouth guard at night.

6. Using your teeth to open stuff

Your teeth may seem so hard and indestructible but they are not meant to open bottles, presents and cut wrappers and cellotapes.

7. Starchy foods

Potato chips, plantain, yam, chips etc. are usually broken down by bacteria in the teeth as acid. The longer they remain between your teeth, the more damage they cause. So floss after eating.

http://www.lekkigists.com.ng/2018/04/the-teeth-are-aspect-of-body-that-most.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by ipobarecriminals: 5:38am On Apr 11, 2018
may God help us.Soon una go tell us make we dey drink our urine instead of water

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by Benjom(m): 6:45am On Apr 11, 2018
We all need to find our way back to the Garden of Eden cos nothing is safe anymore cool

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by NwaAmaikpe: 10:48am On Apr 11, 2018
shocked

Na wa,
I'm not guilty of any of them. I'm sure that's why I have an awesome dentition.

I only use my teeth in biting nippies.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by ipobarecriminals: 10:49am On Apr 11, 2018
nobody here
Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by HoodBillionaire: 10:50am On Apr 11, 2018
u must be very stupid
so we shudnt eat again abi
cause of our teeth
God punish u OP
the end is near

we are in africa
can u do without eating starchy foods
idiot

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by darealsola(m): 10:50am On Apr 11, 2018
I have been doing all these since i small nd my teeth still dey kampe...and I no die...so OP STFU lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by Samsimple(m): 10:50am On Apr 11, 2018
The blowjobbers and pussy lickers dem know themselves

1 Like

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by vastolord4(m): 10:50am On Apr 11, 2018
potatoes, plantain, rice,eba? oga/madam ur not helping issues for nigerians

3 Likes

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by SirHouloo(m): 10:50am On Apr 11, 2018
Deterioration is imminent. Even iron dey wear and tear.

1 Like

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by Chimezirim121: 10:51am On Apr 11, 2018
Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by naijaguy123456(m): 10:51am On Apr 11, 2018
embarassed
Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by DaddyKross: 10:51am On Apr 11, 2018
Make i kuku no use my teeth again na abi ?

Mtcheew

3 Likes

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by Onechancearmy(m): 10:51am On Apr 11, 2018
Let us open the Book of Romas Chapter 3 Verse 0. It says: When they that were without Mercy met them who were Messiful, it was like the days of latter year. Please turn to Chapter 2 verse 1 where it was written:

"and they Pooled the City out the congregation of Liver for though a Jesus was among the defeated,he could not safe the City for he was not the Christ but mere Gabriel. Thus their blue sky was painted red of defeat by them that had the Liver that they shall be no more in the gate of Champions. For in the field of Moh shall they declare that with Salah you never walk�alone"

Let us now hear the sermon......

9 Likes

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by hadjipapiey(m): 10:51am On Apr 11, 2018
I get teeth like Rod o grin
Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by Assassin101: 10:53am On Apr 11, 2018
bull-crap
Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by KoseweKosegbo: 10:53am On Apr 11, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Na wa, I'm not guilty of any of them. I'm sure that's why I have an awesome dentition.
Mad man spotted

4 Likes

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by Samsimple(m): 10:53am On Apr 11, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Na wa, I'm not guilty of any of them. I'm sure that's why I have an awesome dentition.
let me guess your gf breast is now like olympus has fallen

3 Likes

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by bengoodcreature: 10:55am On Apr 11, 2018
Where shld we run to?
Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by alphajerus(m): 10:55am On Apr 11, 2018
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=66614364] shocked

Na wa,
I'm not guilty of any of them. I'm sure that's why I have an awesome dentition.

I only use my teeth in biting nippies.[/uote]

Badoooo i see ya cheesy grin
Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by Histrings08(m): 10:56am On Apr 11, 2018
My girl has plaque in her teeth, nd tz a turnoff... Help me op
Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by biggy26: 10:56am On Apr 11, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
u must be very stupid
cause of our teeth
God punish u OP
the end is near

we are in africa
idiot
Take it easy bro and read with understanding. When u eat such stuff don't delay brushing, especially if it sticks between the teeth. That's all.
Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by OlumoRock07(m): 10:56am On Apr 11, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

5 Likes

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by galex10(m): 11:00am On Apr 11, 2018
[quote author=alphajerus post=66614589][/quote]

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by jrusky(m): 11:00am On Apr 11, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
u must be very stupid
cause of our teeth
God punish u OP
the end is near

we are in africa
idiot

Don't mind him let the OP swear if starchy food is not his best food. You are in Africa and you are saying starchy foods are not edible any longer then go and eat grass.

2 Likes

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by HoodBillionaire: 11:00am On Apr 11, 2018
sharap
so we shud brush everytime we eat abi
men dis is shit
mowi come dey carry toothbrush follow body
say who die
abegi
dis is africa
not europe
or usa
biggy26:

Take it easy bro and read with understanding. When u eat such stuff don't delay brushing, especially if it sticks between the teeth. That's all.
Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by Timagex(m): 11:00am On Apr 11, 2018
This post is not for Nigerians grin

1 Like

Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by judecares1(m): 11:00am On Apr 11, 2018
NO:4 ARE FOR YORUBA PEOPLE
Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by SNIPER123: 11:02am On Apr 11, 2018
embarassed
Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by HoodBillionaire: 11:02am On Apr 11, 2018
he or she shud go and look for those dagbo false prophets wey dey switch water to wine for south africa
maybe dem go fit convert santana with melon soup and assorted to grass
and God forbod d OP dies
i wud personally remove his or her much cherished teeth and pur on ebay as auction
jrusky:

Don't mind him let the OP swear if starchy food is not his best food. You are in Africa and you are saying starchy nog edible Any Longer then go and eat grass then.
Re: How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth by Meeloreh(f): 11:02am On Apr 11, 2018
I do all except 3.my teeth is just -1

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Prevent Lassa Fever In Picture / Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help / Borno Man Babagana Usman Commits Suicide In Kano, Leaves A Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.