Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers (15025 Views)

Best Destinations For Your First International Trip / Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers / Top 5 African Safari Destinations For An Unforgetable Getaway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by Opinionated: 11:55am On Apr 12, 2018
Nigeria, the giant of Africa is not only blessed with the best rainforest, flora, it also has exciting wildlife sanctuaries and preservation centres that are located in different parts of the country. So, if you are a wildlife lover, you do not need to visit South Africa, Kenya or Tanzania to see the wild. There are lovely and beautiful wildlife destinations in Nigeria. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares some of them.

Afi Mountain Wildlife Sanctuary

Experience the amazing wildlife at Afi mountain sanctuary. The wildlife reserve is a preservation centre for chimpanzees, gorillas, drill monkeys and many other endangered primates. It is also home to large migratory roosts in Africa. It is located in Cross River State.

Yankari Games Reserve

The Yankari Games Reserve will always top the list of Parks to visit in Nigeria. The Park was established in 1956 and opened to the public in 1962. It is located around Gagi River, South East of Bauchi Town. The reserve covers 2,058 sq. km. of savanna woodland and is inhabited by elephants, baboons, waterbucks, bushbucks, oribi, crocodile, hippopotamus, roan antelope, buffalo and various types of monkeys.

Ogba Zoo and Nature Park

The Ogba Zoo covers about 750 acres and was established in 1966 and sits comfortably on Airport Road in the ancient Benin Kingdom. You will see the King of animals – lions, chimpanzees, giant tortoises, rock python, peafowls and many more.

Gashaka Gumti National Park

The Gashaka Gumti National Park holds the title of the largest National Park in Nigeria covering about 6,402 Km and it is situated in-between Taraba (Gashaka and Adamawa (Gumti). This natural habitat is home to a wide range of plant and animal life from the leopard to elephants, lions, wild dogs, antelope, forest hogs, golden cats, birdlife, insects, reptiles and aquatic life. The mountain is a stone throw from the Chappal Waddi, which is Nigeria’s highest mountain.

Jos Wildlife Park

The Jos Wild park attracts inter- and intra-visitors yearly.The park is located in the Rantya area of Jos. It is home to species of rare animals like elephants, lions, hyenas, birds, chimpanzees, baboons and monkeys. You are guaranteed a swell time in Jos as the park is only one of many tourist destinations in the state.

source: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 12, 2018
Please, let's see pictures.

9 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
issokay
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by wearley21(m): 1:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
Nice one
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by NwaAmaikpe: 1:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
shocked

I've been to all five.
But if the Enugu zoo isn't there then the Ogba zoo shouldn't be there too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by translux(m): 1:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
We can speak in tongues and miss heaven.
We can "win souls" and miss heaven.
We can see vision and miss heaven.
We can prophesy and still miss heaven.
We can cast out devil and miss heaven.
We can perform miracles and still miss heaven.
We can read the whole Bible and miss heaven.
We can attend all church services, fellowship activities and camp meetings and miss heaven.
We can have anointing and miss heaven.
We can have all spiritual gifts and miss heaven.
We can be rich, prosperous and wealthy and still miss heaven.
We can give and sow seeds and still miss heaven.
We can wield power and be influential and still miss heaven.
We can have a powerful voice to sing and miss heaven.
But we cannot LIVE A HOLY LIFE and miss heaven.
HOLINESS IS THE REAL DEAL!
*"Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 20:7)*
*"O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth." (Psalm 96:9)*
*"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14)*
Forwarding this is
Evangelism. Let us win a soul for Christ. Amen!

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by dynicks(m): 1:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
ASO ROCK VILLA ....there, one would find such amazing species of rodents that is so skilled in applying so much stealth in the act of drilling holes, robbing and engaging in the annihilation of files nd documents...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by estolaB(f): 1:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
Add pix na

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by samuelchimmy(m): 1:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
pishure , or gerherahia

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by paymentvoucher: 1:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
Gashaka Gumti National Park Entrance looks Scary shocked shocked
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by abumeinben(m): 1:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
Good job kennygee

..but could be improved upon.

I know Ogba Zoo in Benin. Na just one lion dey dia o, wey one Zulu King donated to Esama of Benin. Others I knew of were big big lizards, tolotolo, monkey, pepeye, sinake and some others cripping things.

But it's a place hang out....it's a natural!

Nice one ma'am.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
Something is missing. Audi Bako zoological garden kano is #1 zoo in Nigeria.

The Audu Bako zoological garden is the second of its kind in Africa after Cote d’ivoire, established by Late. Alhaji. Audu Bako, the then military governor of Kano State on the 13th of November 1972. Kano Zoo popularly known as “Gidan Zoo” is located in Kano State, the commercial heart of Nigeria. It covers an area of 46 hectares with a collection of morethan 60 species, comprising 200-300 specimens. Such as Lion, Elephant, Monkeys, Antelope, Varieties of Birds etc.

Audu Bako Zoological Garden is accredited by Pan-African Association of Zoos and Aquaria.

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by inoki247: 1:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
the Lord iz ur strength sha no try put hand for lion mouth
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by sirusX(m): 1:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
Hope the wild animals are well fed?? shocked

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
More

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by aniblue(m): 1:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
Wildlife has no respect in Nigeria,
Its kill and eat as you desire...
Yet to see a standard park in the country

9 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by Sarang(f): 1:15pm On Apr 12, 2018
smileyposter above me SO right!

Please see my signature
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by TroubleMaker47(m): 1:15pm On Apr 12, 2018
More like Top 5 destinations for Buhari come 2019

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by RichSugarMomma(f): 1:15pm On Apr 12, 2018
Nice!
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 12, 2018
To the people who want to see more pictures, you will be disappointed. The wild life photos will be of lean lions, elephants and such, and that's just not picture worthy.

Tanzania, Kenya, Zimbabwe and SA really tried with their reserves. Our own is just an alternative hunting ground.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
aniblue:
Wildlife has no respect in Nigeria,
Its kill and eat as you desire...
Yet to see a standard park in the country

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 12, 2018
Ogba zoo. I remember going there with my family when I was younger...really eventful grin

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2018
More of Audu Bako zoological garden kano

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by ArticleBeast: 1:22pm On Apr 12, 2018
There are alot of tourist locations up north but the media and security has totally killed the patronage...Naija need to invest in tourism o...Went to Yankari game reserve last week and I wept...
Oh my Nigeria!!!Who art cursed her

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by LastSurvivor11: 1:37pm On Apr 12, 2018
Me go to north for wildlife??

Make this buhari foot soldiers use me shine!
Get behind spirit of wildlife..

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by seguno2: 1:38pm On Apr 12, 2018
ArticleBeast:
There are alot of tourist locations up north but the media and security has totally killed the patronage...Naija need to invest in tourism o...Went to Yankari game reserve last week and I wept...
Oh my Nigeria!!!Who art cursed her

The people of Nigeria cursed their own country.
They are the ones who can remove the curse when they are ready.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by Sabadon(m): 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2018
d animals at audu zoo looks well fed, ogba zoo needs a total work up
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by ArticleBeast: 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2018
seguno2:

The people of Nigeria cursed their own country.
They are the ones who can remove the curse when they are ready.
But there must be a sacrificial leader

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by telim: 1:58pm On Apr 12, 2018
M
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers by RogueX: 2:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
6. Any jungle justice location.
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? / Mudslide Kills Over 300 People In Sierra Leone / Fuel Scarcity: Airline Operators Announce Flight Disruption, Cancellation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.