Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:07 AM

Ghana: Baby Dies As Doctor Cuts Oxygen Supply Over Non-payment Of Bills - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ghana: Baby Dies As Doctor Cuts Oxygen Supply Over Non-payment Of Bills (609 Views)

More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics / Petty Trader Impersonates As Doctor, Moves To Transplant Heart For Patient. PICS / Corper's Baby Dies In Lagos Creche, School Management Silent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana: Baby Dies As Doctor Cuts Oxygen Supply Over Non-payment Of Bills by tstx(m): 6:54am On Apr 13, 2018
A nine-week-old baby boy has died at a local hospital in the Central Region of Ghana because his parents could not afford the cost of aiding his breathing with an oxygen machine.

According to a local media, Joy fm, the baby died at the St Gregory Hospital at Kasoa.Little Prosper’s parents told Joy News that a medical doctor on duty pulled the plug from the oxygen machine because they could not pay GHS 533 about $ 122 to keep their son alive.

Hospital authorities are tight-lipped on the issue explaining they are investigating the circumstances leading to the baby’s death.
“ That Saturday, the Doctor came, he asked if I've heard anything from my husband [about the bills] and I said that I didn't hear anything. Then he removed the oxygen...it is too late ”
Little Prosper was born on January 19, 2018,he fell sick and was taken to the hospital on March 5 and died three weeks later.

The baby’s mother, Sefakor, told Joy News Joojo Cobbinah, that a few weeks after the baby was born she realised he was not breathing well.
According to Sefakor, after preliminary tests, St Gregory Hospital admitted them with the intention of transferring the case to the nation’s largest teaching and referral hospital in the capital Accra, subsequently.

The baby was given blood and kept on the oxygen machine because he could not breathe well.

However, when it became clear the family could not afford the cost of treatment before the intended transfer to the Korle bu teaching hospital, the doctor decided to take a drastic decision.

“That Saturday, the Doctor came, he asked if I’ve heard anything from my husband [about the bills] and I said that I didn’t hear anything. Then he removed the oxygen…it is too late,” Sefakor managed in the little English she could speak.
The baby’s father, Kennedy Kwao, said he chose the name ‘Prosper’ because he was hopeful that the boy will grow up to become a prosperous man.

That hope, however, has been curtailed.

http://www.africanews.com/2018/04/11/ghana-baby-dies-as-doctor-cuts-oxygen-supply-over-non-payment-of-bills/

lalasticlala
mynd44
seun

Re: Ghana: Baby Dies As Doctor Cuts Oxygen Supply Over Non-payment Of Bills by naijjaman(m): 7:05am On Apr 13, 2018
Sad. lipsrsealed
Re: Ghana: Baby Dies As Doctor Cuts Oxygen Supply Over Non-payment Of Bills by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 13, 2018
Oh poverty!!!

This one touched me. That Dr should've been merciful.
RIP little one.
Re: Ghana: Baby Dies As Doctor Cuts Oxygen Supply Over Non-payment Of Bills by tungamaje: 8:41am On Apr 13, 2018
Doctor, is hospital business all about money? Couldn't you show a little more mercy?
Re: Ghana: Baby Dies As Doctor Cuts Oxygen Supply Over Non-payment Of Bills by Blackfire(m): 11:53am On Apr 13, 2018
Angel gabriel abeg blow this trumpet na....

Whick kind callousness be this....

Devil is better than us humans walahi.
Re: Ghana: Baby Dies As Doctor Cuts Oxygen Supply Over Non-payment Of Bills by tstx(m): 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2018
BleSSedMee:
Oh poverty!!!

RIP little one.
E touch me too bro
Re: Ghana: Baby Dies As Doctor Cuts Oxygen Supply Over Non-payment Of Bills by tstx(m): 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2018
BleSSedMee:
Oh poverty!!!

RIP little one.
mstk
Re: Ghana: Baby Dies As Doctor Cuts Oxygen Supply Over Non-payment Of Bills by tstx(m): 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2018
BleSSedMee:
Oh poverty!!!

RIP little one.
Re: Ghana: Baby Dies As Doctor Cuts Oxygen Supply Over Non-payment Of Bills by tstx(m): 1:03pm On Apr 13, 2018
Blackfire:
Angel gabriel abeg blow this trumpet na....

Whick kind callousness be this....

Devil is better than us humans walahi.
Hw u tk knw say na Gabriel go blow am?

and POC no be all humans wey devil better pass.
Re: Ghana: Baby Dies As Doctor Cuts Oxygen Supply Over Non-payment Of Bills by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
tstx:
E touch me too bro
I'm telling you.
I'm a woman btw.
Re: Ghana: Baby Dies As Doctor Cuts Oxygen Supply Over Non-payment Of Bills by BadBradley: 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2018
African doctors are just in for the money!!! Cursed lots!!!

I hope they sue that monster with stethoscope.
Re: Ghana: Baby Dies As Doctor Cuts Oxygen Supply Over Non-payment Of Bills by tstx(m): 11:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
BleSSedMee:

I'm telling you.

I'm a woman btw.
... most times i don't check ... Sorry fr referring to u as a bro
Re: Ghana: Baby Dies As Doctor Cuts Oxygen Supply Over Non-payment Of Bills by Morbeta11(m): 5:23am On Apr 14, 2018
His medical license will be withdrawn if found guilty.

(1) (Reply)

Fake Lawyer Nabbed While Trying To Get Bail For His Client / Nigerians Strip Each Other Half-naked In Public Fight In The UK (video) / Landlord Slumps, Dies After Argument With Tenant In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.