Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 (37500 Views)

Manchester City Vs West Ham (3 - 0) On 3rd May 2023 / Villareal Vs Liverpool UCL (2 - 3) On 3rd May 2022 / Villarreal Vs Manchester United : Europa League (1 - 1) On 26th May 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by adetes: 10:08pm On May 03, 2018
Wenger came to arsenal with nothing and left with bye bye nothing

1 Like

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by oshe11: 10:09pm On May 03, 2018
folahann:
They only beat us JUST 2-1 on aggregate

2 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by clems88(m): 10:09pm On May 03, 2018
LadyHeaven:

My bro just Negodu what they are playing!!! Even I as a lady can close leg lock up better, I saw one player standing and looking lost, couldn't press @all..
Sad if Wenger leaves this way, all his flaws would shine for the world to see more clearly
hmm . I wish my bae loves football. undecided she complains always when I go to entertain my self it undecided

1 Like

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by Softhands(m): 10:09pm On May 03, 2018
Make wenger carry his bad luck go far... Thank God he is leaving finally...
Reference:

In what way. With all due respect, Arsenal are nowhere near the level of Atletico. The Premiership cannot match Laliga. In Europe Atletico has been to two top finals as against Arsenal's one. And Atletico is second in their league as against Arsenal in sixth. What is the basis of comparison. Arsenal lacks class, form and capacity. Nobody puts his mind thoughtless of his heart on that which is obvious.

1 Like

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 03, 2018
Shebi Arsenal no see Salzburg. Fighting spirit is very good.
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by clems88(m): 10:12pm On May 03, 2018
Salzburg still dey kill themselves for pitch grin
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by anigold(m): 10:12pm On May 03, 2018
cry cry cry cry The worst time to be an Arsenal fan. Wenger please make sure you pack some of your favourite but stupid players with you; Ramsey,Wilshire,cech,xhaka,iwobi,mustafi,belerin,Kos and rest of thee fools

1 Like

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by maestroferddi: 10:13pm On May 03, 2018
Reference:
I said Amad can play like this for ten years. They just grind your energy, sap your will. They are the epitome of football negativity.
Oga stop misyarning...

Arsenal are a weak side while ATM are a well-drilled outfit.

Negativity has nothing to do with. If your team chooses to play senseless, futile and aimless possession football, then there is no point bleating about a savvy coach who sets up his side to be efficient and result-oriented.

The best corporate decision made this year to be the bid by Stan Kroenke to grow the balls to ask Arsene Wenger to take a walk...

Such an ineffectual coach... What is Welbeck, Iwobi, Xhaka, Cech, Mustaphi and other sub-par players still doing in Arsenal?

Ozil collects some 300,000 per week...if I may ask, for doing what?

8 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by dhardy09: 10:13pm On May 03, 2018
Hahahahaha ABeg dont kill me with Laugh .. Wenger should have just retired last season with the FA cup win now he is been disgraced out of Arsenal after 22 Years so bad not everyones destiny is the Same as Sir Alex Ferguson
Sanchez01:

Trust me, if Atletico says there won't be goals in the match then it would be so, even if they are down to eight men. Nobody does it better than Atletico when it comes to goalless draws. Arsenal plays like Barcelona; run after the ball like Sega's International Superstar Soccer with Allejo and co. It would be difficult shooting from outside into the eighteen box. Sadly, their passes and flicks would be nulled and void by Felipe and co.

2 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by folahann(m): 10:14pm On May 03, 2018
otokx:
Arsenal really tried.
That's what I'm trying to tell them o. Atletico is 2nd in Laliga, have been to 2 UCL finals in 4 years. Gave Barcelona and Madrid tough time.
Arsenal is only sixth in Prem league
Yet the scoreline is still respectful to Arsenal

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by LadyHeaven(f): 10:14pm On May 03, 2018
22 years no European glory, a big blight and quite a massive shame, wishing him all the best in his future endeavours, but today he reaped what he had sowed for years, mediocre players been given illogical faith(Sangogo, Welbeck etc), lack of investment in defensive players, overrated arsenal babies d@ do shakara with contracts (Wilshere, Ramsey etc), keep up with injured/y prone players hoping they stay fit, when they do they leave you (Van Persie, OX etc), unmotivated rash players never benched and taught a lesson (Xhaka etc) ... Really hope the next coach is sensible but also with a mean streak no more free passes

8 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by Supersuave2(m): 10:15pm On May 03, 2018
I've never seen a more lazy set of players than this arsenal squad. No fighting spirit, no ruggedness, no speed, just mumu gentle man football. See the chances lacasera and Ramsey got and they couldn't convert. So many crosses into the box yet none of the two useless strikers were there to pounce. It's a pity Wenger is leaving on a low but I'm happy cos the old man is too weak, too cool on the players.

1 Like

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by LadyHeaven(f): 10:15pm On May 03, 2018
clems88:
hmm . I wish my bae loves football. undecided she complains always when I go to entertain my self it undecided

tongue
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 03, 2018
folahann:

Shut up. Did Man Utd play any difficult team like Atletico and MiLan last season?

E be like say shit dey worry you. So you still have the effrontery to blab, you guys suppose sleep for cow dung. Assnal my ass
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by Andrez123(m): 10:16pm On May 03, 2018
Arsenal has been poor in defense but even worse in attack tonight, overhit crosses and lack of creativity cost them this match tonight, Arsenal had no wingers in the team instead rely on their full backs to create the width, the Arsenal's midfield was static and predictable which made Atletico's defensive work a lot easier. Atletico Madrid's keeper only had one real save to make, Oblak was not troubled in goal throughout the match. At the other end, Atletico created more and better chances and could have scored 2 or 3 more goals.
The tie was actually lost last week when Arsenal despite having an extra man for 80mins with more than two thirds of ball possession and shots on target could only muster a 1-1 at home.

3 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 03, 2018
angry
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by GregJo: 10:17pm On May 03, 2018
I hope one day I'm as good at my job as Costa is at crushing Arsenal's dreams.
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by folahann(m): 10:17pm On May 03, 2018
Goxpawa:
Eyah Arsenal fan spotted, Make I nor follow u Argue , sorry for d loss
We tried and I know that. They were playing negative football. it stinks

1 Like

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by Supersuave2(m): 10:18pm On May 03, 2018
folahann:

That's what I'm trying to tell them o. Atletico is 2nd in Laliga, have been to 2 UCL finals in 4 years. Gave Barcelona and Madrid tough time.
Arsenal is only sixth in Prem league
Yet the scoreline is still respectful to Arsenal
What did atletico play over the two legs? arsenal dominated possession and attempts yet nothing to show for it cos they were not clinical in front of goal and the defence line dey sleep.
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by IAmAmbrose(m): 10:22pm On May 03, 2018
When i die i want Arsenal players to lower me down in my grave... So at least i will know they let me down one final time

1 Like

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by folahann(m): 10:22pm On May 03, 2018
Ninejaywon:

E be like say shit dey worry you. So you still have the effrontery to blab, you guys suppose sleep for cow dung. Assnal my ass
Atletico is 10 times better than Sevilla.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by Supersuave2(m): 10:22pm On May 03, 2018
Andrez123:
Arsenal has been poor in defense but even worse in attack tonight, overhit crosses and lack of creativity cost them this match tonight, Arsenal had no wingers in the team instead rely on their full backs to create the width, the Arsenal's midfield was static and predictable which made Atletico's defensive work a lot easier. Atletico Madrid's keeper only had one real save to make, Oblak was not troubled in goal throughout the match. At the other end, Atletico created more and better chances and could have scored 2 or 3 more goals.
The tie was actually lost last week when Arsenal despite having an extra man for 80mins with more than two thirds of ball possession and shots on target could only muster a 1-1 at home.
I just didn't understand their game plan. one would expect more speed, zeal and ruggedness from a team that needs to score to have a chance at something but no.

1 Like

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by LadyHeaven(f): 10:23pm On May 03, 2018
folahann:

True, but you can't deny that they had a plan albeit -ve and stuck to it, we already know ATM can be annoyingly defensive we should have had a cheat code, no team is uncrackable...
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by Goxpawa: 10:24pm On May 03, 2018
folahann:

well till next year, Enjoy UEL games, Maybe Ancelloti will mk u guys win it
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by Goxpawa: 10:26pm On May 03, 2018
IAmAmbrose:
When i die i want Arsenal players to lower me down in my grave... So at least i will know they let me down one final time
grin Neva reach DAT one guy na
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by GregJo: 10:28pm On May 03, 2018
5 years of the Madrid derby:
In 2014, Real Madrid met Atlético Madrid in the Champions League final.
In 2015, Real Madrid met Atlético Madrid in the Champions League quarter-final.
In 2016, Real Madrid met Atlético Madrid in the Champions League final.
In 2017, Real Madrid met Atlético Madrid in the Champions League semi-final.
In 2018, Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid are favourites to meet in the UEFA Super Cup

3 Likes

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by Reference(m): 10:29pm On May 03, 2018
maestroferddi:
Oga stop misyarning...

Negativity has nothing to do with. If your team chooses to play senseless, futile and aimless possession football, then there is no point bleating about a savvy coach who sets up his side to be efficient and result-oriented.

The best corporate decision made this year to be the bid by Stan Kroenke to grow the balls to ask Arsene Wenger to take a walk...

Such an ineffectual coach... What is Welbeck, Iwobi, Xhaka, Cech, Mustaphi and other sub-par players still doing in Arsenal?

Negativity is not a bad term in the context. It is an interchangeable term for ultra defensive tactics. Elevate your thinking before coming to a public forum like this.
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by maestroferddi: 10:30pm On May 03, 2018
folahann:

And you think you are making sense, abi?

Is there any FIFA rule against playing negative football?

I hope you are running your life affairs the way Arsene Wenger has running Arsenal in the 14 years?
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by bizza45: 10:30pm On May 03, 2018
immediately atl entered Uel I knew they will carry d cup... na their personal property b that.. no one plays uel better than their coach ...
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 03, 2018
maestroferddi:
Oga stop misyarning...

Well said.
Ozil can only shine when playing small teams
I wonder why his contract was renewed
Go to other European leagues and look for better players.
Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 10:32pm On May 03, 2018
Thank God I'm not an arsenal fan...

That club fit make pesin commit suicide grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atletico Madrid Vs Arsenal Europa League (1 - 0 ) On 3rd May 2018 by maisauki: 10:33pm On May 03, 2018
two Madrid teams in the finals

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Everton (5 - 1) On 3rd February 2018 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup - (0 - 2) On 29th October 2013 / Off To Spain! Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Saturday!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.