Stats: 3,154,329 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Shipping Us To Nigeria Urgent - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Shipping Us To Nigeria Urgent (3380 Views)

Tokunbo Good Working Audi A4 950k Just Arrive Nigeria Urgent Sale / ****Lightening Fast RO/RO Vehicle Shipping From Any U.S Location Made Easy***** / I Need The Cost Of Shipping A Car From Germany To Apapa Port (2) (3) (4)

Shipping Us To Nigeria Urgent by layifioren(m): 12:06am On May 14, 2010
I have a 2003 Toyota Camry to ship and it's presently in California. My basic question now is should I take it to Houston or Jacksonville? I want the location that will be more cost effective for me. The last time I shipped was from Delaware and that was easy peasy. Would just like some guidance on how I can go about it i.e shipping company, location etc. I need this ASAP to plan properly. Thanks
Re: Shipping Us To Nigeria Urgent by german007(m): 12:15am On May 14, 2010
Hello Friend,

From California, your best bet is Galveston "Houston'(Texas). California certainly has some quality and affordable rides, but its geographical location and proximity to the nearest Lagos bound port is the problem.

Last time I bought a California Car, it cost me $700 to truck it to Texas.

Hope that helps and good luck.
Re: Shipping Us To Nigeria Urgent by layifioren(m): 12:18am On May 14, 2010
Sounds good and thanks for the advice. How much did it cost you to ship from Galveston and which company did you use? I'm planning on driving it there myself.
Re: Shipping Us To Nigeria Urgent by KunleA2(m): 2:46am On May 14, 2010
layifioren:

Sounds good and thanks for the advice. How much did it cost you to ship from Galveston and which company did you use? I'm planning on driving it there myself.

Will cost you about $1200 to ship out of Galveston, Texas to Nigeria. You can give AES a call. (www.aesshipping.com). As for the driving, be very prepared. I live in Southern California and i drove that same distance last Jan/Feb.

It took me about 27hrs total. 22hrs driving. 5 hrs rest. Its roughly about 1600 miles. If you don't like driving or not used to driving long distance, i will like you to think twice about it. Its definitely not for the faint of heart. Lots of open road with dead zone.

Pray you don't have a mechanical problem or vehicle breakdown. Cellphone is useless. No signal. Plus you have to fly back to your base when finished.

Also where about in California the vehicle is? Might also make a difference too. Northern California (San Francisco/Sacramento Area) will be somewhat more by few hundred $$

Regards
Re: Shipping Us To Nigeria Urgent by AGARIautos: 2:53am On May 14, 2010
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN OUR SHIPMENT AT NEW JERSEY IN 40" CONTAINER? IT WILL COST YOU $1,500 INCLUDING CARGO TRACKING NOTE (CTN).
Re: Shipping Us To Nigeria Urgent by KunleA2(m): 3:03am On May 14, 2010
AGARIautos:

WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN OUR SHIPMENT AT NEW JERSEY IN 40" CONTAINER? IT WILL COST YOU $1,500 INCLUDING CARGO TRACKING NOTE (CTN).

Car is already in California.
Re: Shipping Us To Nigeria Urgent by layifioren(m): 5:51am On May 14, 2010
Kunle-A:

Will cost you about $1200 to ship out of Galveston, Texas to Nigeria. You can give AES a call. (www.aesshipping.com). As for the driving, be very prepared. I live in Southern California and i drove that same distance last Jan/Feb.

It took me about 27hrs total. 22hrs driving. 5 hrs rest. Its roughly about 1600 miles. If you don't like driving or not used to driving long distance, i will like you to think twice about it. Its definitely not for the faint of heart. Lots of open road with dead zone.

Pray you don't have a mechanical problem or vehicle breakdown. Cellphone is useless. No signal. Plus you have to fly back to your base when finished.

Also where about in California the vehicle is? Might also make a difference too. Northern California (San Francisco/Sacramento Area) will be somewhat more by few hundred $$

Regards

Thanks for the advise. I drove from Seattle To Dallas before via LA where I stopped to see one of my inlaws. I know what you mean driving through New Mexico and Arizona. The vehicle is in Huntington Park. Last time I drove from Fontana to Dallas non stop in like 20 hours. How long did it take to get to Nigeria after drop off at Galveston?
Re: Shipping Us To Nigeria Urgent by KunleA2(m): 5:54am On May 14, 2010
The vehicle took about 1 month after leaving Galveston to get to Lagos.

Good luck
Re: Shipping Us To Nigeria Urgent by drake2005: 7:29am On Aug 10, 2013
My reply is late but good for anyone embarking on doing this in the near future.

Do not contemplate driving from California to Texas or perhaps any long distance drive in the US. Pay the 700 shipping and save yourself wahala...breakdown, time, money, sweat, stress/pain, ghost encounter. Did it...me and ghosts had lots of discussions to do that night. Never knew ghosts exist until that faithful night. I for don die finish. My car broke down. Did I expect breakdown? Well, I would if I was driving an old car. This is was almost a new mercedes( 2011 model and this happened in 2012) Chose to drive it for the pleasure not for saving cost. Guess what? Car broke down in the middle of interstate...nobody, no cell service, hotel, gas station around, I mean nothing/nada, except 18-wheelers driving by every 20-30 mins by that time of the night 2am. Stayed there till next morning until I was rescued by a tropper driving by. What I encountered and saw that night; I will never speak. I became a fearless man after that night.

2004 Toyota Highlander / SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!!!Thank God! 6 Months Used Baby Boy For Sale 780,000 in Abuja / Clean 07 Ford Escape @ 1.7m(pix)