Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

The Quiet Rituals Of Extremely Successful People - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Quiet Rituals Of Extremely Successful People (738 Views)

8 Morning Rituals Of The Most Successful People / 8 Morning Rituals Of The Most Successful People / INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Quiet Rituals Of Extremely Successful People by drindahouz(m): 4:23am On Apr 14, 2018
Saturday 14th April 2018

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First

Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 213

Title: The Quiet Rituals of Extremely Successful People

The other day I was having a conversational chat with one of my online friends and when I told him that life is all about rituals, he said he would not want to join any secret society where rituals are practiced.

But rituals has nothing to do with being a member of a secret society.

On its own, our daily life is a ritual - you get up from bed, you do your morning functions, eat breakfast (if you are the type) and then you head out to hustle for the day, when you are done, you head back home for rest, take a shower, have your dinner, listen to the evening news and then off to sleep again to wake up the following day and repeat the whole process all over again. What else is ritual?

A ritual therefore is a collection of things or processes or protocols fashioned in time past and which continue to be repeated as more people associate with the machine.

And so success has its own rituals - there are things that successful people do which consistently keeps them in the success mode and which anyone desiring to be successful can also key into and begin the journey to his ir her Eldorado.

The result of extreme success is often pretty noisy – lots of people talking, writing, and sharing stories about it.

The actual process of achieving enormous success on the other hand is far more discreet.

But it’s this process that happens quietly, behind-the-scenes, that makes all the difference in the world.

I am fortunate enough to know a number of enormously successful human beings.

Regardless of lifestyle, industry or profession, they all share many of the same quiet rituals.

And that’s precisely what I want to discuss with you today...

1. They gradually turn life’s obstacles around.

Many of the most iconic novels, songs and inventions of all time were inspired by gut-wrenching pain and heartbreak.

Therefore, the silver lining of these great challenges is that they were the catalyst to the creation of epic masterpieces.

An emerging field of psychology called Post-Traumatic Growth has suggested that many people are able to use their hardships and traumas for substantial creative and intellectual development.

Specifically, researchers have found that trauma can help people grow in the areas of interpersonal relationships, contentment, gratitude, personal strength, and resourcefulness.

When our view of the world as a safe place, or as a certain type of place, has been shattered, we are forced to reboot our perspective on things.

We suddenly have the opportunity to look out to the periphery and see things with a new, fresh set of beginner’s eyes, which is very conducive to personal growth and long-term success.

2. They mindfully focus on the positive.

A recent scientific study I just finished reading earlier today showed that doctors who are put in a positive mood before making a diagnosis consistently experience significant boosts to their intellectual abilities than doctors in a neutral state, which allows them to make accurate diagnoses almost 20% faster.

The same study then shifted to other vocations and found that optimistic salespeople outsell their pessimistic counterparts by over 50%.

Students primed to feel happy before taking math tests substantially outperform their neutral peers.

It turns out that our minds are literally hardwired to perform at their best not when they are negative, or even neutral, but when they are positive.

Of course, that’s not to say that successful people never get upset, but your effectiveness in all walks of life will fare better if you’re able to mindfully accept and let go of negative emotions, rather than dwelling on them.

Think a little less about managing your problems and a little more about managing your mindset.

Keep it positive.

3. They eliminate all needless busywork.

At some point we all wonder, “Why is it so impossible to get everything done?” But the answer is stunningly simple: we’re doing too many of the wrong things.

Several research studies have shown that people never get more done by blindly working more hours on everything that comes up.

Instead, they get more done when they follow careful plans that measure and track key priorities and milestones.

So if you want to be more successful and less stressed, don’t ask how to make something more efficient until you’ve first asked, “Do I need to do this at all?”

Simply being able to do something well does not make it the right thing to do.

I think this is one of the most common problems with a lot of time-management advice; too often productivity gurus focus on how to do things quickly, but the vast majority of things people do quickly should not be done at all.

If you think about it, it’s actually kind of ironic that we complain we have so little time, and then we prioritize like time is infinite.

So do your best to focus on what’s truly important and not much else.

And of course if you're struggling with any of this, know that you are not alone.

Many of us are right there with you, working hard to feel better, think more clearly, and get our lives back on track.

But let me ask you a question.

How would your life change if…

You could maintain a positive mindset -- no matter what was happening around you? How could that help you close more sales, move up the ladder in your company or generally excel in work and life?

What if you knew how to set more clearly defined goals and establish SPECIFIC daily rituals to help get the results you desire... for every area of your life?

How would your day-to-day life and track toward success feel different if you didn’t get easily overwhelmed or spin your wheels wondering what you should be doing next?

If your answers to the above questions are in the negative or borderline, then you need to contact us, we are here to help you live the best life you can ever live while you have the opportunity. We are just an email away (jerrythefirst2001(AT)gmail.com) or you can drop your query as a comment in the comment section below

Until I come your way again, this is #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst

Keep it coming!!!

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MorningVibesWithDrJTF and follow our broadcasts there

#DrJTF

PS:
This Program is powered by Topitup Media & Communication Nigeria.
All rights Reserved (c) 2018

Here's the Blog Post: - http://morningvibeswithdrjerrythefirst..com/2018/04/morning-vibes-with-dr-jerry-first_14.html - KINDLY visit, and share your opinion with us as comment on the Blog

Here's the Podcast: - https://youtu.be/pi-Vo7dh6GY - KINDLY visit and listen to it, subscribe to our Channel, give us a thumb up to like the podcast and share with your social media friends direct from the youtube platform

1 Share

Re: The Quiet Rituals Of Extremely Successful People by koolaid87: 5:35am On Apr 14, 2018
Damn, I thought op found a ritual place where one can make quick money ni.

Damn, I'm going back to bed

And yes I'm from the west side, so you better watch your head when you pass by
Re: The Quiet Rituals Of Extremely Successful People by Nobody: 5:46am On Apr 14, 2018
koolaid87:
Damn, I thought op found a ritual place where one can make quick money ni.

Damn, I'm going back to bed

And yes I'm from the west side, so you better watch your head when you pass by

Re: The Quiet Rituals Of Extremely Successful People by koolaid87: 6:52am On Apr 14, 2018
[quote author=Earthbound post=66693858][/quote]

Look at your tiny finger on that miserable chinko palasa.

Burger off my mention
Re: The Quiet Rituals Of Extremely Successful People by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 14, 2018
koolaid87:

Look at your tiny finger on that miserable chinko palasa.

Burger off my mention

Its *bugger*

(1) (Reply)

Résumé, Étude et Analyse de Pays mêlé de Maryse Condé / Get A Book Published And Sale / Fib And The Axe Of Fury (publishing Process)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.