Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,440 members, 7,853,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:52 AM

3-things You Need To Consider Before Starting A Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 3-things You Need To Consider Before Starting A Blog (271 Views)

Factors To Consider Before Choosing A Website Name / All You Need To Consider Before Building A Website. / Things To Know Before Starting A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3-things You Need To Consider Before Starting A Blog by Faithola(f): 8:36am On Apr 14, 2018
While thinking of what to write next on Blogging, I asked a few persons and some left feedbacks that they would want to know how to start a blog from scratch. P.s Some already own a blog
Today, I will share 3-tips on what you need to consider before starting a blog.
What do you find convenient to write on? What many do, especially Nigerians who want to be bloggers. All they know about blogging is the gossip kind of blogging represented by celebrity blogger Linda Ikeji, so once you say blogging what comes into their mind is the Linda kind of blog. So what do they do?
Since they can’t break news like Anty Linda they begin to copy and paste and expect money to start gushing out immediately. I'm telling anyone reading this right now, never to make the kind of mistake I made. The first step is to find out what is convenient for you? What do you like? Do you love travelling and talking about it or you are good at lifestyle? This serves as a building block to your blogging journey.

How enlightened am I? You must not know everything, you cannot have everything figured out but Ignorance is going to hurt you when you realize how wasteful and naïve you have been. I made that mistake when I started blogging, I barely knew nothing about blogging. If you thinking of starting a blog. I will advise you ask these questions before starting
What is a blog?
Why do I want to blog?
How will I manage the blog?
What is a niche?
Who are those doing well in the niche I have chosen?
What are my goals?
If I start blogging today, where do I see myself in 3-5years time?
Who is my potential audience?

If you can answer these questions conveniently, you are on the right path in setting your Blog goals and plans. Well defined blog goals form the basis of everything. It determines the looks ‘design’ of your blog, your niche, how you create your content, it makes you vision driven because you know what you what. When I started blogging, I never knew what I wanted because I had little or no knowledge about what I was venturing into. It took me 2-years to be able to define my goals, which is what you can avoid if you are reading this blog post.

(1) (Reply)

Own A Website Today - Starting From #5,000 (fraud Protection Scheme Involved) / I Am A Php Web Developer, Call Me For Inquiries @ 09058718256 / Cheap Web Design - Hosting Included

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.