Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,803 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Things To Know Before Starting A Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Things To Know Before Starting A Blog (6392 Views)

Starting A Blog? 7 Hidden Secrets You Must Be Wary Of / 3 Critical Things To Know Before Getting A Website / 11 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 29, 2019
Over the years we’ve seen a lot of blogs come and disappear within a short period of time. Most times the owners of those blogs gave up before they could start seeing positive outcome from their blogs, some other times the authors of these blogs found something more interesting or just figured out that wasn’t what they want to do.
Blogging is a way of life; blogging is a process that involves sharing your experience or opinion on a subject matter.
Before you start a blog or go into blogging, there are questions you should ask yourself and also give genuine answers to those questions. This is where your success/failure in this profession lies. Blogging because others are doing it or because you read a sugar coated post about how much you could earn from blogging, or you’re just using it as a way out of unemployment won’t yield the desired results. But it all depends on what your desired results are.

The three most important questions you should ask yourself before starting a blog are;

•Why do I want to blog?
•What problems will I be solving with my blog?
•Who are my target audience?

Giving genuine answers to those questions would put you on the right path to becoming a professional blogger. The most important thing in blogging is to identify a problem and provide solution(s) to that problem. But that doesn’t mean blogging is limited to just identifying a problem and providing a solution, blogging could also involve sharing your opinion on a subject matter.

If you envision becoming an authority in a particular subject matter, you have to have sufficient knowledge on that niche. The mistakes I see most times in Nigerian bloggers are that most of them are confused and their blogs are directionless. There is no clear path as to why they are even blogging in the first place. You’d see a tech blog writing about “Best Happy New Month Wishes to Send to Loved Ones”; you’d see “make money online blog” writing about “Linda Ikeji Baby Daddy’s net worth and properties”. These are unprofessional ways to run a blog. First, their niches are not clear enough, secondly they are not solving a problem, and thirdly they are not giving any opinion on the subject matter.

Understanding your strength and resources would position you on the right track. Entertainment and news niche is not for individual bloggers; you would end up copying and pasting articles and still be the last to post the news/trends. Knowing your strength and financial capabilities would ease things for you. Another trend going on in the Nigerian blogosphere is the Viral Niche blogging trend, 99% of Nigerian bloggers in this particular niche are doing it the wrong way, these are the people that make the masses see bloggers as liars and hungry fellows that want to make money through spoiling the image of others. Like I stated earlier, you are either providing solution to a problem or giving an opinion on a subject matter.

People will only pay you when you help them solve a problem. Brands will only endorse you when you have a voice; your voice is your opinion.

So if you aren’t solving a problem or lending a voice, you are not blogging. In part 2 of this journey I will be talking about niches.
Blogging is not a Ponzi scheme; blogging is like planting a seed. You only harvest what you planted. Don’t plant cucumber and expect to harvest apples. You have to give first before you receive. This is the right mind-set and it is applicable to every business out there, online and offline.

Source: https://hustlersclass.com/online-business/before-blogging/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by LinaMaraka: 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2019
•Why do I want to blog?
I agree. These are the main questions. Why does everyone just want to be a blogger and write on popular topics? Write what you like. When a person's eyes burn in what he does, it brings pleasure to him and the reader.

4 Likes

Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 30, 2019
LinaMaraka:
•Why do I want to blog?
I agree. These are the main questions. Why does everyone just want to be a blogger and write on popular topics? Write what you like. When a person's eyes burn in what he does, it brings pleasure to him and the reader.
Very true.. There's joy in adding value

1 Like

Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 30, 2019
cc Lalasticlala I think this is for everybody, not business section alone. Please move to FP
Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Bizmagnet: 9:31am On Jan 30, 2019
Unfortunately many just want to start blogging without counting their cost first. If you don't have passion and be consistent with it, you will not be a successful blogger. If the main reason is to make money, you may be frustrated quickly by the time Adsense pays you $20 for a year. Until blogging becomes your hobby, you may not really record any tangible success in it before you chicken out.

Get a website/blog/software for your business, school, church, etc today at affordable cost. Contact through my signature.

4 Likes

Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 30, 2019
Bizmagnet:
Unfortunately many just want to start blogging without counting their cost first. If you don't have passion and be consistent with it, you will not be a successful blogger. If the main reason is to make money, you may be frustrated quickly by the time Adsense pays you $20 for a year. Until blogging becomes your hobby, you may not really record any tangible success in it before you chicken out.
Lol @ $20 for a year... you have spoken well my friend.
We should stop looking at what we would gain from the people and start looking at what we will impact in the people.

3 Likes

Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 30, 2019
Bizmagnet:
$20 a year? See wickedness grin

1 Like

Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Celebsnews: 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2019
I learnt one or two from here.
Meanwhile, see the top ten Webseries every lover of good movie should watch this 2019. You will like them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ude23nYXh4
Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Adewumiaye: 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2019
design websites @affordable prices yet robust, contact today,
I can help if you're having problems too.. All at affordable prices
inbox or whatsapp (check signature for contact details)
Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Yardstick100: 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2019
Ouch
Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by MrCuteking(m): 12:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
Very helpful. Thanks.
Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Newznow: 12:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
Start YouTube vlogging
Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Towersport(m): 12:30pm On Jan 30, 2019
JudeIsokpehi800:
VIP Games Available Today
You can start a blog for this as well.

BLOODY SCAMMER! ! !! !

1 Like

Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Corrinthians(m): 12:33pm On Jan 30, 2019
The only thing you need to know is DONT TELL TOO MANY LIES!
Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Bloggingscope: 12:33pm On Jan 30, 2019
Okay but not well highlighted
Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by James4bright(m): 12:34pm On Jan 30, 2019
I wish more emphasis could be made on this subject. Obviously, I've being taking a wrong step.
Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
Am a blogger but am not ready to monetized the blog now I just want to build the blog to some certain stages before I can do that, well thanks for the advice

Pls how can I turn my blog to a website e.g dot com, so I can have more Target audience pls .....WhatsApp number 07086442488
Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Randomblogger: 12:36pm On Jan 30, 2019
Another is getting the right hosting company.. I think Whogohost sucks
Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by FrankTalk1: 12:36pm On Jan 30, 2019
Thanks OP.

Blogging provides you with a whole lot of opportunities.

Also see 11 SMART WAYS YOU CAN START MAKING MONEY TODAY THROUGH BLOGGING.
Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Anambrapikin(m): 12:48pm On Jan 30, 2019
Nice one Op
Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 30, 2019
Ctrl c Ctrl v
Re: Things To Know Before Starting A Blog by kenniefawole(m): 1:09pm On Jan 30, 2019
venture into blogging , here is a breakdown
get a domain ($15) 5500
get a wordpress host preferable bluehost ($89 Pro Plan ) 33,000
Hire a good WordPress developer like me grin (min of 30,000 - 70,000) depending on what you want
Budget 50,000 for adverts ( Facebook , nairaland , offline, online adverts)
Budget 20,000 for giveaways on your blog
monetize your blog with adsense and do some affiliate marketing as well
Sit and watch your adsense moves , cash out every month
with time make your to the top 100 most visited website in Nigeria , 1000 in the world , the see has companies, startups will be rushing you
..Thank me later

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser / How Can I Increase My Adsense Earning / How I Get A UBA Visa Prepaid Card (africard) Easily In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.