Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction (92893 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 4:20am On May 14, 2010
A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches."(Proverbs 22:1)

Jesus Christ has given Christians the right and authority to use his name. This means that Christians have been given the power of attorney. Legally, power of attorney is the authority to act in another person's behalf, at their request. It is authorization given by one person (Jesus) permitting another (Christians) to take action on his (Jesus Christ's) behalf.

"And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:13,14)

"Whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full." (John 16:23, 24)

The name of Jesus Christ is not a magic word. The power is not even in saying words, but in understanding and believing all that the name of Jesus Christ signifies. His name represents all of His finished work on the cross, fulfilling God's plan of redemption and salvation, victory over sin, death, and over the devil's entire realm. When the name of Jesus Christ is invoked, it carries all of the power and distinction God gave to it. God raised Jesus from the dead, elevated Him to His right hand, and gave Jesus a name above "every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come." (Ephesians 1:21)

Philippians declares, "God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth." (Philippians 2:9, 10) Hebrews states, regarding Jesus, "when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they." (Hebrews 1:3, 4)

On the day of Pentecost, the people were deeply moved after Peter's powerful sermon, and asked, "What do we do?" Peter answered, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)

One day Peter and John were going into the temple, when a lame man asked for a donation. Peter said, "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk." Later, when interrogated about this healing miracle, Peter was bold in defending the name of Jesus and all it stands for. "Let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 3:6, 4:10, 12)

It is by faith in this name above all names, the name of Jesus Christ, that people are saved, set free from bondage, healed of sicknesses and diseases, and made whole. There is no other name under heaven more powerful or more significant, and this is a dynamic reality that Christians can believe in and have complete confidence in.

"These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:13

Written by: Pete Miller

1 Like

Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by Mudley313: 7:51am On May 14, 2010
the real name is even YESHUA not jesus
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:50pm On May 14, 2010
not to sound cheeky, I have been meaning to ask the exact dynamics associated with names and the "power" they possess.
It is common in Bible times and in recent times to use the name Jesus in warding off Evil spirits and in binding and loosing stuff.

Can you explain in any form of detail how that works, because i watched last Sunday at a popular Church in the Yaba environs wink (for those who saw it) how strong men of God tried unsuccessfully to cast out a demon from a demon-possessed Mad-man (previously thought sane).

There were commanding delivery of Jesus and Blood rained on this fellow and he sat there numbed by the happenings around him. I was a few feet away and even i could feel the electrically charged air of spiritual ballistics causing collateral damage to bystanders. but this man remained adamant or un-affected. He was later physically bound and carried off to another room for a Combined Prayer Session (also known as Prayer Bombing)

1: Where is the cosmic connection between the name and the manifestation of power
2: Is the level of spiritual maturity a factor or can a baby simply shout Jesus and cause a demon-possessed man to stumble
3: Can i use the name of Satan for example to cause harm in the same way using the name of Christ causes comfort to those who call it.

Even if you do not have the answers at least you can propose a theory to this concept.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 10:08pm On May 14, 2010
Jesus is Lord
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 10:09pm On May 14, 2010
At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth." (Philippians 2:9, 10)
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by Kay17: 11:33pm On May 14, 2010
pls, pray and move Lagos into the ocean.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 4:30am On May 15, 2010
smiley
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by FMK(m): 7:36am On May 15, 2010
and your name carries, ?

Rob, poorness, powerless violation, terrorism
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 11:00am On May 22, 2010
smiley
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by Nobody: 11:22am On May 22, 2010
@kolaxy

Dont mind the doubting thomases. I believe in the power that resides in the name of JESUS CHRIST.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by benodic: 11:42am On May 22, 2010
@poster,
JESUS is a spiritually charged word just like Christ, God or ALLAH or HU.

but the power it exerts depends on the purity of the user.

this words when sung with love opens you to the holyspirit which flows through you and uses you as a channel.

the mistakes that christians make is that they think that the word JESUS is meant for only christians and also that there is no other word above it. that is very untrue.

i as an Eckist can sing the word JESUS if l feel like, it will not make me to bow down or collapse and start convulsing or such foolish things that christians connect with the name.

likewise singing the holy name of God HU, will also open you up to the holyspirit and allows God to purify you and use you as channel. the word just like other holy names of God does not belong to any religion. it is there for any soul who wants to grow spiritually to use.

i had to actually teach my sister who is a christian how to use the word JESUS more effectively in her prayers. when she did, she had her experiences which enabled her to understand a lot of things i used to tell her.

on the part of moslems, singing the 99 holy names of ALLAH is actually the begining of true spirituallity. it is not a matter of argument or talking or trying to convince any one that your way is better.

spirituallity is very practical thing which you must experience to have true realization of God. start by singing these spiritually charged words with love in your heart during your prayer sessions and watch your experiences.

2 Likes

Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:57pm On May 22, 2010
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by thehomer: 7:46pm On May 22, 2010
His name was Joshua the son of Joseph the Carpenter.

Christ means Messiah. It was not his given name.

kolaxy:

At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth." (Philippians 2:9, 10)

There must be a lot of bowing of knees everywhere especially on Sundays.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:26am On May 24, 2010
thehomer:

His name was Joshua the son of Joseph the Carpenter.

Christ means Messiah. It was not his given name.

There must be a lot of bowing of knees everywhere especially on Sundays.
Well if Christians say his name was imbued with cosmic energies enough to cause every demon in the universe to bow each time Jesus is mentioned, I can understand why the devil is so frustrated right now, He gets interrupted every millisecond he tries to do his thang! a lot of grazed demon knees right about now grin

1 Like

Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 9:53am On May 24, 2010
smiley
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 11:55am On May 25, 2010
The name above every other name, smiley
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by Yefet(m): 4:20am On May 26, 2010
@ Kolaxy God bless you.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by FMK(m): 6:18am On May 26, 2010
the jewis is winning and what about the name of Muhamed ? it carries nothing ?
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 3:58pm On May 28, 2010
You have authority over all the works of the devil through the name of Jesus. Devils are subject to you through the name of Jesus. At the call of the name of Jesus evil spirits flee. That includes the spirit of fear. Fear is a spirit. And at the name of Jesus that spirit bows (submits). So take the name of Jesus and put the devil on the run. You should be commanding the works of the devil to cease. Understand your authority over the devil and use it. The devil obeys your commands in the name of Jesus.

Reference Scriptures:
John 14:13,14
Acts 16:16-18
Hebrews 13:8

Matthew 17:20
Acts 3:16
Acts 4:29,30
Philipians 2:9,10

Luke 10:17,19
2Timothy 1:7
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 8:31am On May 31, 2010
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 7:59am On Jun 02, 2010
wink
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26am On Jun 02, 2010
At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by grace5: 12:54pm On Jun 02, 2010
Saints :

GOD ALMIGHTY THAT CREATE THIS WORLD.
HAVE BOUND HIMSELF TO A PLACE,BOUNDARY,CIRCUMFERENCE.
HE CAN DO ALL THINGS,CAN ONLY  BE HEARED THROUGH THIS.
HIS FULLNESS DWELL IN THIS.
THAT IS JESUS CHRIST.
JESUS CHRIST IS ALL GOD HAVE.
JESUS CHRIST IS ALL GOD FUTURE IS.
JESUS CHRIST IS GOD.
JESUS CHRIST IS THE VISIBLE IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD.
ALL POWER HAVE BEEN COMMITTED TO HIM,
AND FOR THE CHURCH SAKE.
HIS BODY,
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by love4good: 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2010
@benodic,
carry on my brother let those with eyes and ears make use of them now for there is not greater moment than NOW. Jesus as the name present itself is a spiritual name given to him by A Godman Known for teaching TRUTHS to those who cares to know. At this point i can tell you that even your Name Carry's power if you can purify yourself and sing your name to yourself, you will be amaze what you can find out. The problem is taking the bold step to TRY.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 7:48am On Jun 07, 2010
smiley
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by nkirubb: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2010
JESUS CHRIST IS OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR AND NOTHING CAN CHANGE THAT
THERE IS COMPLETE POWER IN HIS NAME,
CALL HIM ANYTIME, ANYDAY
HE WILL ANSWER YOU
HE IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by MyJoe: 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2010
nkiru bb:

JESUS CHRIST IS OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR AND NOTHING CAN CHANGE THAT
THERE IS COMPLETE POWER IN HIS NAME,
CALL HIM ANYTIME, ANYDAY
HE WILL ANSWER YOU

HE IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE
How do you know this?
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 08, 2010
Jesus is a delusion. There is no evidence whatsoever that he existed as a flesh and blood person on this earth.

And if he did, he couldn't possibly have been the ''son of God'', or he would have found more meaningful miracles to perform than walking on water, changing water to wine, and healing one or two sick people.

If I were the son of God visiting earth, I'd make my presence felt in a way that would leave no room for doubt that I had visited the earth.

I would banish poverty for all time.

Or put an end to the need for money.

Or quintriple, by a mere utterance,  the earth's natural resources to ensure all people are taken care of.

Or put an end to earthquakes.

Most likely I'd do all at once.

But walking on water to prove a point to shepherds? naah.  smiley
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 8:54am On Jun 09, 2010
The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe Proverbs 18:10
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by jookco(m): 11:04am On Jun 09, 2010
He is the Kind of King, Lord of Lords, the Tried Stone, a sure Foundation at the mention of his name miracles takes place.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 10:02am On Jun 10, 2010
John 15:16 – Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. smiley
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 10:30pm On Jun 11, 2010
John 14:14 – If you shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Prophetess Stella Zimasa Ndamase Who Married Joshua Iginla, Had His Baby / Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Where To Get Spiritual Wealth And Become A Multi - Billionaire. Bahuleya Sampat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.