Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction (92894 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by Martha0602(f): 9:59am On Jun 12, 2010
[img]http://[flash=200,200]http://[color=#770077][/color][/flash][/img]
There is no other name like Jesus, he is the savior, the redeemer, councilor, comforter, conqueror, giver of peace. In fact the means alots each carries power and authority.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by Joagbaje(m): 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2010
The power of the name of Jesus is not in the sound of the name or the contruction of the five letter word. But rather the revelation you have of the power and authority the NAme commands
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by FrankB1: 10:43pm On Jun 13, 2010
I enjoyed this post it had a lot of good points.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 10:50pm On Jun 13, 2010
Praying in the Name of Jesus

What is the significance of this? First, it means that when we come to the Father, we come because Jesus sent us. It is not simply our own idea to speak to the God of heaven and earth. We are sent to Him by His own Son. No wonder we walk into the throne of grace in boldness (Hebrews 4:16). If one of the angels were to ask us on the way in, “What are you doing here?”…We can reply, “The Son sent me.” What a glorious commission! We are sent by the Son to seek help from the Father!

Second, the Father is obligated to treat us as He would His own Son because we come in His stead. We represent the Son when we come to the Father. You don't believe this? You say that this is just too much? Then listen to these verses.

•Ephesians 1:5-6 – Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

•Romans 8:17 – And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

We are adopted into the family of God as children. We are accepted in the beloved. Since Christ is the beloved Son, that means that the Father accepts us as He would His own Son. Finally, we are joint heirs with Jesus Christ. We share in the same inheritance. The Father looks upon the redeemed as if He were looking on His Son Jesus Christ. What a blessing that Christ has told us to approach the Father in His name! What a glorious heritage!

Written by Reagan David
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 1:21am On Jun 17, 2010
Psalm 148:13 – Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by Kinsa(f): 10:36am On Jun 17, 2010
I love the name is Jesus, something happens when i call that name. The name is an access to the Father.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by grace5: 12:28pm On Jun 17, 2010
NO OTHER NAME LIKE THE NAME OF JESUS,WHEN YOU CALL JESUS THE POWER OF THE HEAVENLIES ANSWER

YES IT IS JESUS NO OTHER NAME.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by Yefet(m): 2:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
Hebrews 12:24 (NIV), ”And to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.”

@ Kolaxy God Bless you.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 10:09pm On Jun 18, 2010
Psalm 8:1 – O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 11:25pm On Jun 20, 2010
Acts 4v12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by mathewjam(m): 9:05am On Jun 21, 2010
Yes Jesus is distinct in character
than any person that has ever lived before.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by ifele(m): 12:24am On Jun 22, 2010
Christians are hypocrites who use their false piety to mask the evil oppression they mete out everyday to weak people around them.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 12:48am On Jun 23, 2010
, He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake smiley Thank you Jesus
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:33am On Jun 23, 2010
In the End-times there would be soo much spiritual delusion that even the intellect will be deceived. are your fruits the same as Jesus or you all are just being fashionable Christiana grin
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 11:21pm On Jun 23, 2010
Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 9:44am On Jul 01, 2010
wink
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by NOWORRIES: 11:00am On Jul 01, 2010
yes sir
the name is ALL POWERFULL AND ALL MIGHTY
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09am On Jul 01, 2010
Sing with me how great is our God, the name above all names who is worthy of our praise!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFN8TBfgNU
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2010
kiss
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 3:34am On Jul 22, 2010
Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 3:6, 4:10, 12)
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 9:24pm On Jul 25, 2010
"God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth." (Philippians 2:9, 10)
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by fujifame: 3:32am On Mar 27, 2012
1: Where is the cosmic connection between the name and the manifestation of power?
There does not need to be some distant "string" attaching our words to Jesus through some cosmic connection because Jesus is omnipresent.
2: Is the level of spiritual maturity a factor or can a baby simply shout Jesus and cause a demon-possessed man to stumble?
I believe this is both. The name of Jesus if powerful in itself, demons can't stand the name and will flee from it. However, having spiritual maturity and a strong faith in Jesus will make it much hard for any demon to try and attack you in the process. Dealing with demon possession is a dangerous thing to do, and it requires spiritual gifts, a thorough understanding, and a strong faith in God.
3: Can I use the name of Satan for example to cause harm in the same way using the name of Christ causes comfort to those who call it?
Satan's name is strong too. I personally believe that we can bargain with Satin, but it is a very bad thing to do. It can ruin lives very quickly. Sometimes I believe we underestimate his power, this should never be done. We could NOT defeat Satan if it was not for Jesus Christ of Nazareth standing with us.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 9:23am On Jul 27, 2012
Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 3:6, 4:10, 12)
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:43am On Jul 27, 2012
The Name above all names!

Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 8:58am On Jul 29, 2012
JESUS-the name above every other name.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by joe4christ(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2012
love4good: @benodic,
carry on my brother let those with eyes and ears make use of them now for there is not greater moment than NOW. Jesus as the name present itself is a spiritual name given to him by A Godman Known for teaching TRUTHS to those who cares to know. At this point i can tell you that even your Name Carry's power if you can purify yourself and sing your name to yourself, you will be amaze what you can find out. The problem is taking the bold step to TRY.

And that's how you go about opening yourselves to strange spirit (Demonic spirits) without even knowing it - 2corinthians 11:14 But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself
as an angel of light...

[size=15pt] This is exactly how false doctrines from the pit of hell originates. E.g purgatery, marry being a mediator between Man and God, hell being a place of eternal destruction and not a place of eternal suffering propounded by Jehovah witness and many other false doctrines - The above is the genesis of such falsehood! [/size]
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 8:54am On Jul 31, 2012
At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth." (Philippians 2:9, 10)
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 8:50am On Aug 01, 2012
John 14:14 – If you shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 8:56am On Aug 03, 2012
OLAADEGBU: At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 9:32am On Aug 06, 2012
The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe Proverbs 18:10
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 8:57am On Aug 07, 2012
JESUS - the name above every other names.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Prophetess Stella Zimasa Ndamase Who Married Joshua Iginla, Had His Baby / Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Where To Get Spiritual Wealth And Become A Multi - Billionaire. Bahuleya Sampat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.