Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,389 members, 7,864,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:13 AM

Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again (22829 Views)

Mbaka: I Will Not Worship At Catholic Church Again - Nigerian Man / David Ibiyeomi Holds Church Again Despite Corona Virus PICS / Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 15, 2018
@Kingsley10000, thanks so much
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by SirToothBrush: 11:09am On Apr 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

if you don't pay tithe you go to hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7C3VExeY6A

Lol the internet never forgets

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by BushWickBill: 11:10am On Apr 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

if you don't pay tithe you go to hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7C3VExeY6A

Honestly this pastor adebole is just a pure fraud.

Nothing more.

I am no saint but I should be a better contender for heaven than this con man using scaremongering tactics to coerce and fleece people out of their money
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:11am On Apr 15, 2018
it's not a only the faults of the members you should be aware of or talk about..I agree some church goers or members indulge in some of those acts but what about you guys the pastor's or reverend fathers..preaching a sermon for hours.....what are you guys preaching that we have not read in the bible or what is new again that you guys are trying to tell us....if the sermon gets too lengthy and boring, church members now indulge in other acts to keep themselves busy simple...
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by Paradigm777: 11:13am On Apr 15, 2018
adetoroamos:
I dey church now reading ur nonsense, the usher think am writing something down to my phone note
Hmmm... Think say na only me ooo

Baba God dey patient oooo
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by Iceberg3: 11:16am On Apr 15, 2018
What about coneheads who pickpockets in church? grin
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by Chikelz: 11:23am On Apr 15, 2018
Kingsley10000:
China is currently the world's leading economic power, in
China there is Zero Church!
Finland has the most stable economy in the world today.
There are less than twenty churches in Finland!
Switzerland has the second most stable economy in the
world. Switzerland has fewer than thirty churches!
Denmark is the third most stable economy in the world,
there are about 23 churches in Denmark.
These countries are considered to have the highest number
of atheists, but they are blessed!
Come to Nigeria, there are more than 70,000 churches.
+25 000 churches in Lagos.
+2 500 churches in Oyo
+30000 churches in the south east
In Africa, we have more churches than schools and
hospitals combined!
More pastors than doctors.
Everyone is born again!o
Everyone is covered with the blood of Jesus!
Jesus even became the husband of all single women
(according to them) in revival churches!
Everyone is filled with the Holy Spirit!
However, none of these claims reflect the moral elevation
that is hoped for in a society.
We are among the laziest, the most deceiving, the most
corrupt, the most hypocritical, the most hateful on the planet
today, with all our Jesus and the Holy Spirit!
Our people need to distinguish between religion and
stupidity or between spirituality and tradition!.
Wake up!!!
religion is the modern day slavery holding Africans down...

Do you know that bet9ja has more branches than church

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by Gryffindor: 11:30am On Apr 15, 2018
Kingsley10000:
+2 500 churches in Oyo
hospitals combined!
Everyone is born again!o
Wake up!!!

Ur point is straight 4m ur Cerebrum jor!

Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by OLAPASTOR: 11:56am On Apr 15, 2018
good afternoon good people of nairaland i am a fresh graduate from funaab that is trying and working hard to find his feet. Right now i am seriously broke, pls kindly help me with whatever you can afford. my acct no is 2120678534 zenith with acct name olatunji gideon. thank you very much and God bless you
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by IME1: 11:57am On Apr 15, 2018
I sat near this boy in church some Sundays ago and he was playing video game.
When I noticed I whispered to him to please stop and participate
Guess what happened next....

Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by ogyunging(m): 12:09pm On Apr 15, 2018
To whom it may concern

Stop lashing in the youth wing

The karma go get level on the low
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by Vello(m): 12:27pm On Apr 15, 2018
Kingsley10000:
+2 500 churches in Oyo
hospitals combined!
Everyone is born again!o
Wake up!!!
I'm much impressed by your sense of reasoning. I'm sorry to no one if I say what Nigerians actually take for religion is nothing but indoctrination mostly right from childhood. It takes more than courage to break free from the shackles. I love believe in prayers within a group but not within the content of and context of a Nigerian typical definition of 'CHURCH'.
Please keep telling them to know better. I'm doing my bit from here too

Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by ImaIma1(f): 1:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
Kingsley10000:
+2 500 churches in Oyo
hospitals combined!
Everyone is born again!o
Wake up!!!

Yes...everything else might be true. But No...we are not lazy.
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by OyinO: 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
The sheeple followsheeps are beginning to understand and wake Up from slumber.
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by Kingsley10000: 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2018
missdivineprove:
@Kingsley10000, thanks so much
thank you too.... when we stop being spiritual and started
being realistic things will start working for us
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by Scientist7: 1:36pm On Apr 15, 2018
Kingsley10000:
+2 500 churches in Oyo
hospitals combined!
Everyone is born again!o
Wake up!!!

Everyone has a religion sir. Before Christianity and Islam came to Africa, the natives worshiped different deities. Religion is a way of life and Atheism is a religion too. USA rose to greatness while it was largely a Christian country, it is relatively recent that many of them started becoming atheists. Religion is not Africa's problem. Africa's problem is the typical African man who is only concerned about himself and his pocket, who is highly jealous about a fellow African man's success, who is not interested in building Africa but in running away to Europe. I repeat, religion is not Africa's problem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by penance(m): 1:58pm On Apr 15, 2018
grin why op no add mess for the list why op no add mess for the list
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by Greatzeus(m): 5:54pm On Apr 15, 2018
Imagine if the President of Nigeria or USA was in a meeting with you,will you disrespect him by doing the things listed above? No, because of his influential physical presence,we disrespect the Spirit of God alot these days,and we are getting used to it day by day,even those who complained about it before are gradually seeing it as normal.
May God forgives us all sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by VannywealthDesi(f): 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2018
Greatzeus:
Imagine if the President of Nigeria or USA was in a meeting with you,will you disrespect him by doing the things listed above? No, because of his influential physical presence,we disrespect the Spirit of God alot these days,and we are getting used to it day by day,even those who complained about it before are gradually seeing it as normal.
Amen.
valentineuwakwe:
it's not a only the faults of the members you should be aware of or talk about..I agree some church goers or members indulge in some of those acts but what about you guys the pastor's or reverend fathers..preaching a sermon for hours.....what are you guys preaching that we have not read in the bible or what is new again that you guys are trying to tell us....if the sermon gets too lengthy and boring, church members now indulge in other acts to keep themselves busy simple...
If you think you have nothing new to learn then don't go. Stay at home and keep yourself busy. It's absolutely wrong to use your phone in church.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by VannywealthDesi(f): 6:57pm On Apr 15, 2018
IME1:
I sat near this boy in church some Sundays ago and he was playing video game.
When I noticed I whispered to him to please stop and participate
Guess what happened next....
Please I don't understand how that text relates. Can you explain
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:36pm On Apr 15, 2018
VannywealthDesi:
Amen. If you think you have nothing new to learn then don't go. Stay at home and keep yourself busy. It's absolutely wrong to use your phone in church.

who told you its wrong? because we are lazy and dnt keep to time. ..so if am working n paid in hrs, then i should waste my time listening to lengthy sermons ....well because this is africa,,.
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by VannywealthDesi(f): 9:44pm On Apr 15, 2018
valentineuwakwe:

who told you its wrong? because we are lazy and dnt keep to time. ..so if am working n paid in hrs, then i should waste my time listening to lengthy sermons ....well because this is africa,,.
It is wrong. It's better you stay at home and do that job you think is so important, than to go disrespecting the Almighty that way. Or go to those 'churches' where they run 10 services every Sunday, with each service running for only 25mins. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by IME1: 8:36am On Apr 16, 2018
VannywealthDesi:
Please I don't understand how that text relates. Can you explain

My sister if you are asking about the text in the picture it's just my text for the day and not necessarily for the topic.
I don comment for the topic finish
If the picture for the day relates hah nagode Yesu
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by IME1: 8:38am On Apr 16, 2018
Greatzeus:

You are blessed, blessed I say
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
VannywealthDesi:
It us wrong. It's better you stay at home and do that job you think is so important, than to go disrespecting the Almighty that way. Or go to those 'churches' where they run 10 services every Sunday, with each service running for only 25mins. grin

which do u like....being in church for many hours pretending,or knowing him deeply even if its 10mins in church? do they tell you or make rules that in that building u call church you should not press phone or be distracted? son if you are in the church n a call comes in or a txt ststingbur house is on fire, you will not ans or read it because you are in church or because its the Sabbath day n dnt want to get distracted. ..I laugh u
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by hopefulLandlord: 5:19am On Apr 17, 2018
Scientist7:

Atheism is a religion too.
Prove it!
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by Scientist7: 7:33am On Apr 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Prove it!

There is clearly a lot of dirty bath water surrounding the
reality of God. Holy wars. Inquisitions. Superstition.Dogmatism. Ignorance. Hypocrisy. Self-righteousness. Rigidity. Cruelty. Book-burning. Witch-burning. Inhibition. Fear. Conformity.Morbid guilt. Insanity. The list is almost endless. But is all this what God has done to humans or what humans have done to God? It is abundantly evident that belief in God is sometimes destructively dogmatic. Is the problem, then, that humans tend to believe in God, or is the problem that humans tend to be dogmatic? Anyone who has known a died-in-the-wool atheist will know that such an individual can be as dogmatic about unbelief as any believer can be about belief. Is it belief in God we need to get rid of, or is it dogmatism? There have been clear cases of atheists killing christians, the recent case in the US being a church mass killing. Look at the present day atheist government of china collecting from their citizenry the freedom of religion, you'll sooner than later begin to see the effects.
Another reason that scientists are so prone to throw the
baby out with the bath water is that science itself is a religion. The neophyte scientist, recently come or converted to the world view of science, can be every bit as fanatical as a Christian crusader or a soldier of Allah. This is particularly the case when we have come to science
from a culture and home in which belief in God is firmly associated with ignorance, superstition, rigidity and
hypocrisy. Then we have emotional as well as intellectual
motives to smash the idols of primitive faith. A mark of maturity in scientists, however, is their awareness that science may be as subject to dogmatism as any other religion.

That being said, some religions however are inherently problematic, especially those that promote violence, killing and forceful world domination but you don't have to generalize. Generalizing on this matter is similar to saying because one leader is found to be corrupt then every leader is corrupt.
The problem is not religion, the problem is dogmatism, fanatism, extremism and atheists and scientists are as susceptible to it as anyone else.
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by VannywealthDesi(f): 7:42am On Apr 17, 2018
valentineuwakwe:

which do u like....being in church for many hours pretending,or knowing him deeply even if its 10mins in church? do they tell you or make rules that in that building u call church you should not press phone or be distracted? son if you are in the church n a call comes in or a txt ststingbur house is on fire, you will not ans or read it because you are in church or because its the Sabbath day n dnt want to get distracted. ..I laugh u
I agree that 10mins of quality fellowship with God is better than long hours filled with distractions and mind wanderings. I'm saying when you're in church, focus on why you're there. Answering phonecalls is OK if your ringtone isn't one that disturbs others, and if you go out the room to take the call. Haba! Isn't it somehow to be talking while the service is on? If you think its OK, well...
IME1:

My sister if you are asking about the text in the picture it's just my text for the day and not necessarily for the topic.
I don comment for the topic finish
If the picture for the day relates hah nagode Yesu
Oh! I thought it was in response to the topic.

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by IME1: 7:45am On Apr 17, 2018
Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by IME1: 7:46am On Apr 17, 2018
[quote author=VannywealthDesi post=66778603][/quote]

winkgoodmorning

Today's own smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again by VannywealthDesi(f): 7:51am On Apr 17, 2018
IME1:

winkgoodmorning

Today's own smiley
Good morning.
Thanks. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Church Youths And Premarital Sex. / 10 Characteristics Of A Man After God's Heart / Philippines Sing In Igbo At The Lord's Chosen Church (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.