Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? (14041 Views)

Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? / Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? / The Biblically Estimated Time Of Rapture : Mid -tribulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by mrmattolanrewaju(m): 10:06am On Apr 15, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Anything goes in Christianity, after all Jesus has died for u.
So even if it's a sin do it if u like, ur sins are already forgiven.

You are mistaken young man! Jesus died for your sins is not the passport for you to start going into sin.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by hopefulLandlord: 10:08am On Apr 15, 2018
happinesssssssss:

That is why the rate of natural disaster is high in such places,

Just thank God u are in. Africa, u are covered by the grace of prayer warriors from different churches across Africa

What sort of unadulterated nonsense is this? or is this sarcasm?

The only way your post could've made sense is if all bad things are caused by natural disasters but its obviously not

An American gets shot and he gets medical care which enabled him survive the bullet wound. A Nigerian gets shot in the same spot but bleeds out and dies due to lack of medical care. Why not go to the average Nigerian hospital to see how people die from basic things like "Lack of drugs"?

Roads aren't built or maintained properly so accidents are the order of the day, We import old vehicles to use on our roads and feel surprised when accidents happen

Look at infant mortality rates, death from terrorists, armed robbers, corruption etc

"Thank god you're in Africa" Lmao! almost 100% of the people that would read that post would trade Africa for US in a heartbeat

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Shaev7(m): 10:14am On Apr 15, 2018
zubydave:

Where did God instruct his people to reverence his picture- assuming all those are the pictures of Jesus. I dont even want to talk about marry.
Please talk, same old story that's what you have to say. Just continue to worship your pastors and neglecting God. What Pastors are yet to do to their followers is yet to come. Pastor King is just a snippet. Some of you failed to understand that God was not against some traditions. Pastors believers, continue.
Any small thing, Daddy G.O, daddy this, Daddy that. Yeye dey smell. my pastor say this my pastor say that... lol. Please talk about Mother Mary na, am waiting to read your post. It hurts some of you that We honour the mother of Jesus in the Church. Jesus is my Father, the mother is my Mother. She is the New Eve, Jesus is the new Adam! Relate how sin came to earth and how its redemption came also by Jesus through Mary which the grace was fully given by Almighty God. Oh Jesus I thank You.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 15, 2018
Kingsley10000:
China is currently the world's leading economic power, in
China there is Zero Church!
Finland has the most stable economy in the world today.
There are less than twenty churches in Finland!
Switzerland has the second most stable economy in the
world. Switzerland has fewer than thirty churches!
Denmark is the third most stable economy in the world,
there are about 23 churches in Denmark.
These countries are considered to have the highest number
of atheists, but they are blessed!
Come to Nigeria, there are more than 70,000 churches.
+25 000 churches in Lagos.
+2 500 churches in Oyo
+30000 churches in the south east
In Africa, we have more churches than schools and
hospitals combined!
More pastors than doctors.
Everyone is born again!o
Everyone is covered with the blood of Jesus!
Jesus even became the husband of all single women
(according to them) in revival churches!
Everyone is filled with the Holy Spirit!
However, none of these claims reflect the moral elevation
that is hoped for in a society.
We are among the laziest, the most deceiving, the most
corrupt, the most hypocritical, the most hateful on the planet
today, with all our Jesus and the Holy Spirit!
Our people need to distinguish between religion and
stupidity or between spirituality and tradition!.
Wake up!!!
religion is the modern day slavery holding Africans down...

I get where ur views are coming from and I totally understand...but U that relegion is not holding down...

please what break thru have u made?

what exploit have u achieved?

I'm not trying to downwash ur statement.. but saying worshipping God is the problem is like saying taking antibiotics is a problem cos it leads to pathogen resistance....antibiotics adoption is suppose to be good, wrong usage is the isshh..

we humans abuse everything and Africa has always been on the advantageous side of the world since when time began...how?

we had good climate and weather, we had big trees to live under and rocks that can easily be converted to homes...we didn't even think of creating clothes the weda is already hot enough..

Enough food from animals and plant tru out the year, no tornadoes and cyclone So there was no reason to think and build fortified building structure...like the saying goes[b] "necessity/need is the mother of invention"[/b]

Permit me to say that Technically, our environment didn't put us under the pressure of survival to make us think and advance like our counterpart.

The Europeans started life under harsh conditions and less resources, they had to think, they had to survive, they evolved faster because problem was all around them. both situation had had nothing to do with relegion.

These same developed countries have their foundation and laws built upon religious doctrines by relegious people.....first achools, first hospitals association were founded by churches..u might not agree but relegion always meant well...Relegion only became corrupted when evil pple started pretending to be relegious not the other way round...

This Africa situation in relation to the developed countries is clearly written in the Bible...

Relegion didn't say to African leaders ....
Be corrupt,
Do not to allocate money for development, growth and research.
As a matter of fact, i feel the remaining sanity left in the world is because of faith.

There's a reason why the dollar note had and still has the phrase..... "In GOD we trust"....

Relegion isn't the problem, humans are the issue....

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by adegeye38(m): 10:24am On Apr 15, 2018
Orubebe01:
what's your take on this?
who cares, as long as u don't worship d image
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Freethought(m): 10:27am On Apr 15, 2018
Orubebe01:
IDOLATRY!!! Exodus 20 Vs 4

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by obailala(m): 10:29am On Apr 15, 2018
Orubebe01:
Idolatry

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by eTECTIVe(m): 10:38am On Apr 15, 2018
arherfish:

Christianity is about seeking clarification. What's clear to you might be troubling to someone else.
Learn to accommodate and respect others opinions.

My post isn't about his opinion but about how our Christianity here works.. We give more attention to wat we wear, wat denomination we belong to , and other church doctrines instead of d kind of lives we live
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Emytexboy(m): 10:45am On Apr 15, 2018
30In the past God over­looked such ig­no­rance, but now he com­mands all peo­ple ev­ery­where to re­pent.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Emytexboy(m): 10:47am On Apr 15, 2018
Brethren, good day every one out there, today is another day that the Lord has made it possible for you to be saved by his Mercy, in the spiritual, the Lord himself is alarming to the church (you in particular) to be ready to receive him, He says, are you ready to receive me when I come? For I am coming! Strive to enter through the narrow gate, Church! Our king is coming, how ready are you? Or are you still in your adultery, sexual immoralities, idolatry, gossip, wrath,anger,env
y,jealous,lust, partying all the time? He is coming, and the people in these mentioned sins will not see Him, look at this>>>matt7:13
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. God bless you.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 15, 2018
Orubebe01:
No it is not biblical. Not even the one showing the picture of Jesus
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 15, 2018
1StopRudeness:

I get where ur views are coming from and I totally understand...but U that relegion is not holding down...

I'm not trying to downwash ur statement.. but saying worshipping God is the problem is like saying taking antibiotics is a problem cos it leads to pathogen resistance....antibiotics adoption is suppose to be good, wrong usage is the isshh..

we humans abuse everything and Africa has always been on the advantageous side of the world since when time began...how?

we had good climate and weather, we had big trees to live under and rocks that can easily be converted to homes...we didn't even think of creating clothes the weda is already hot enough..

Enough food from animals and plant tru out the year, no tornadoes and cyclone So there was no reason to think and build fortified building structure...like the saying goes[b] "necessity/need is the mother of invention"[/b]

Permit me to say that Technically, our environment didn't put us under the pressure of survival to make us think and advance like our counterpart.

The Europeans started life under harsh conditions and less resources, they had to think, they had to survive, they evolved faster because problem was all around them. both situation had had nothing to do with relegion.

These same developed countries have their foundation and laws built upon religious doctrines by relegious people.....first achools, first hospitals association were founded by churches..u might not agree but relegion always meant well...Relegion only became corrupted when evil pple started pretending to be relegious not the other way round...

This Africa situation in relation to the developed countries is clearly written in the Bible...

Be corrupt,
As a matter of fact, i feel the remaining sanity left in the world is because of faith.

There's a reason why the dollar note had and still has the phrase..... "In GOD we trust"....

Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by goodnews777: 11:11am On Apr 15, 2018
without religion Nigeria will be worst than Somalia,rwanda and Burundi combined.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:38am On Apr 15, 2018
it is not..we all know this just that in nigeria, people have turn religion into something me self I get confused at times....
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by daresimon(m): 11:43am On Apr 15, 2018
With the image of a pastor?..... hell no
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Oreofepeters: 11:49am On Apr 15, 2018
SmartPolician:
Many Christians have testified how those helped them wade off evil.

From Shiloh to Mbaka Adoration, the story is the same

So, if it works for them, it's okay
Anyone who claim it worked for him/her is lying.
That is what Bible called idolatory.

The same way sango or ayelala worshipper claimed it worked for them..
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Elxandre(m): 11:50am On Apr 15, 2018
Shaev7:

Please talk, same old story that's what you have to say. Just continue to worship your pastors and neglecting God. What Pastors are yet to do to their followers is yet to come. Pastor King is just a snippet. Some of you failed to understand that God was not against some traditions. Pastors believers, continue.
Any small thing, Daddy G.O, daddy this, Daddy that. Yeye dey smell. my pastor say this my pastor say that... lol. Please talk about Mother Mary na, am waiting to read your post. It hurts some of you that We honour the mother of Jesus in the Church. Jesus is my Father, the mother is my Mother. She is the New Eve, Jesus is the new Adam! Relate how sin came to earth and how its redemption came also by Jesus through Mary which the grace was fully given by Almighty God. Oh Jesus I thank You.
He asked you a simple question.
You offered no answer.

Where were Christians instructed in the bible to make images of Christ or Mary in reverence of them?
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Elxandre(m): 11:56am On Apr 15, 2018
1StopRudeness:

Be corrupt,

You do not get it sir!

If Christians followed through with the teachings, life would be at least tolerable for the common man.

Corruption is an endemic problem in Africa, and it's caused by people with poor integrity and honesty. Funny enough, the most corrupt Government officials are very often high ranking church members.

The Western countries do not attend church services or listen to sermons extolling Honesty and integrity, yet they care about how their actions affect those around them.

Did you know Yahoo boys attend church and even pray for more clients?
How twisted is that!
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Shaev7(m): 12:27pm On Apr 15, 2018
Elxandre:

He asked you a simple question.
You offered no answer.

Where were Christians instructed in the bible to make images of Christ or Mary in reverence of them?
I quoted someone else not the question. Where in the Bible did God say man should worship man?
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
It Is Called "idolatry".
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Elxandre(m): 1:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
Shaev7:

I quoted someone else not the question. Where in the Bible did God say man should worship man?
Nowhere.
You both are wrong.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Originalsly: 1:34pm On Apr 15, 2018
Hmmmm..... only a non Bible reading Christian will ask such a question.....in a Cult but believes it is a church.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by davo90tico(m): 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2018
Orubebe01:
Is it written in the bible that when trailer is coming run from the road.
If u don't want to do it, don't and stop trying to make issues outta little things
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by BluntBoy(m): 1:58pm On Apr 15, 2018
Cromcruach91:

No it isn't.

America has a high number of Chrsitians and it is developed. South Africa that is more developed than we are...high percentage of Christians.

Our problem is that we think we can rely on exporting commodities/raw materiel and sharing the money....instead of industrial development. Has nothing to do with religion.

If we had limited resources now...if we did not produce oil...watch as we promptly promote industrial development...or run into more issues.

Yes, America has a high number of Christians but many of them are blacks and come from the poorest states in the Union. The richest states in America are relatively less religious.

Perhaps, we should consider why whenever blacks do something, they always make it flop. Why is it that we are more religious and yet poorer and more corrupt

This has nothing do with Christianity per se but more with our brand of Christianity.

This prosperity theology thrives more in black states and have larger black followers, whether in the United States or in Africa. Why?

It is not hard to explain. Thieves like Adeboye can only thrive in a society where poverty, corruption and selfishness thrive. They sell hope to the hopeless. That is why the likes of Dollar and his ilk thrive in the United States.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 15, 2018
Orubebe01:

Idolatry.

But doesn't matter, All religions are the same. Fake.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Octaves(m): 2:31pm On Apr 15, 2018
if it ain't Jesus and his blessed mother, I ain't wearing nobody's face on my neck
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2018
eTECTIVe:
I dont know why we Christians are always talking about irrelevant things nd seem more fixated on absolutely unrelated and meaningless matters... We only want to talk about how wat we wear is wrong while ignoring our actions and utterances... We are busy carrying religion on our heads dan practicing Christianity

Christianity is a religion.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by okilingtete: 3:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
The Bible condemn anything called jewelry or necklaces, exodus 33:1-6,I timothy 2:9-10,I peter 3:3-4.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by fabienjoe: 3:24pm On Apr 15, 2018
happinesssssssss:

That is why the rate of natural disaster is high in such places,

Just thank God u are in. Africa, u are covered by the grace of prayer warriors from different churches across Africa

SMH! These other countries are a lot better place to live in than Nigeria and the rest of Africa. Why haven't the prayer warriors managed to pray away poverty and disease from Nigeria? This is indeed a self deceiving country. People like you need to spend some time in those countries 'ravaged' by natural disasters to appreciate how bad things are here. Once again, I shake my head at Nigerians' ignorance and self deceit.
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2018
Elxandre:

You do not get it sir!

If Christians followed through with the teachings, life would be at least tolerable for the common man.

Corruption is an endemic problem in Africa, and it's caused by people with poor integrity and honesty. Funny enough, the most corrupt Government officials are very often high ranking church members.

The Western countries do not attend church services or listen to sermons extolling Honesty and integrity, yet they care about how their actions affect those around them.

Did you know Yahoo boys attend church and even pray for more clients?
How twisted is that!

Exactly u just said it all...we don't practice what we learn in the Bible.....
because yahoo boys and corrupt official attend church still doesn't make church the problem..they come to church only searching for peace hoping to balance their load of eveil deads...doesn't make the Bible itself faulty...or the Christian faith system the problem

I laff when I hear western worlds don't go to church...I was in the UK recently one of the longest streets in Scotland called sauchehall...almost every 10metres were preachers screaming at the top of their lungs..."repent of ur sins..come to Jesus" come out of homosexuality( that's their main parole here, men sleeping with men, women sleeping with women....they now have a new one called sexually Fluid...something around being bisexual but not quite)...I was shocked..seeing white man preaching not even in Nigeria have I seen ppple preach in our good weather let alone in crazy cold of -8degrees.....they are relegious than the TV portrays of them...

the prime minister in the UK is a religious man...he attends service like say tomorrow no day....

And there's another thing about developed world ..they always portray pictures like they have no issues..

.they kill their news alot, at times they don't even want locals to be aware of some things let alone international....

If u commit crime as a citizen, they seize ur passport so u don't travel and disgrace the nation outside.

If u don't have a job u can't just go on vacation outside the EU..they won't allow you ..so u don't carry u lazy ass and go and mess up another man's country...

Just last week a guy took to the streets all in the name of depression and started threatening pple with a knife....and that's cos we saw him..u will never see such in the news....spiritual oppression is evwrywhere...its just that manifest it diverse ways for different places....sadly corruption is a major oppression in Africa....

Wait..... u think they ain't corrupt in the UK and US.....ours is just too obvious because we have ethnicity, and illeteracy issues mixed with ours, pple don't even know their right...
And that's part of the strategy of northern government.
Make the pple ignorant, and they can't even tell what is theirs to begin with let alone demand for it..if u have a time check online and listen to tafawa balewa's statement.... if they can't Islamize Nigeria..they will soon break away soon

Do u know the 14 years in prison law in Nigeria for homosexuality was copied from the UK..it was just a recently the law was changed ..when pple started killing themselves and attacking others out of depression for not given the right to express their wired sexuality...
In Scotland, before if u die a homo...they will put chains round ur grave as a symbol of ur sins and punishment in hell I'm not talking about olden days ooo. I can go on and on....but there is no time......

Paul in the Bible said something ...".if u do not hold dearly to the salvation u believe and renew ur mind..it was like u never beleived".....we have alot of pple claiming relegion but have no true salvation...
The issue is Christ never brought relegion in the first place...as u know..the name Christian is a supposed nickname for folks who behave like christ....
It became a religion when Romans came made it a business venture and means to influence pple politically in the past...

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2018
mrmattolanrewaju:

You are mistaken young man! Jesus died for your sins is not the passport for you to start going into sin.

So which range of sins aren't covered by his death?
Re: Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:14pm On Apr 15, 2018
Cromcruach91:

That has to do with character...which is a different question from what you originally raised..ie religion =underdevelopment.

Don't move the goalposts please...
It isn't different bro
go back and read the complete post again
Part of the submission is that Nigerians re very religious. Many Nigerians are born again
Even the political class re a very religious bunch
Yet Nigerians and our political class re some of the most deceitful pple on the surface of the earth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cobwebs Attack / Why You Shouldn't Wait To See Hell Fire First Before You Believe That It Exists / How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.