Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja (1119 Views)

Lady Beaten And Robbed By Taxify Driver In Lagos / Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos / Man Causes Accident While Being Robbed By 'One Chance' Operators In Abuja.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by johnmba: 3:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
fellow NL i join nairaland recently to narrate my ordeal with FRSC Abuja. i will try and make it short

Early Saturday morning i was driving along wuse 2 and immediately road safety vehicle intercepted and blocked me as i was trying to enter a plaza.

Their supervisor by name A A Idris came out and asked why i was holding my phone while driving. i asked him if is an offense to hold phone while driving but he responded saying as a rule my 2 hands should be on the steering while driving. i pleaded with him to let me go since he said my offense is holding phone and not making calls but he refused(because I wasn’t holding the phone to y ear)

on our way to their office in zone 7, he stopped another vehicle for not using seat belt and took us their office. i continued begging him but he refused. the other guy arrested along the road started speaking Hausa to him and after a while he allowed him to go. i asked one of them is it because am not Hausa that you guys are treating me this way.

Mr A A Idris booked me for UPD ( use of phone while driving) collected my keys and left. i was asked to pay 4k at any cyber cafe and visit the hospital (federal medical center Jabi) for evaluation (TOXICOLOGY TEST).

one of the staff told me that the money paid for the test is illegal as their main Boss share the money with the hospital management since the payment is cash and not through remitta. they gave me the doctors number and i put a call to him. he said the test will take 1hr after which he will examine me and the cost is 15k

i went to the hospital and was asked to pay 16k being a weekend but they charged 15k week days. i paid and they collected my urine. To my greatest surprise in less than 10 mins my urine was collected Dr Lawal walked in and asked me to come to his office. i entered he asked me my offense and i told him. he said my result is negative. i was so surprised. in less than 10 mins the result was out.

He asked for my name, age and address and i supplied the information and he entered it in his laptop and took it to the printer outside and printed the report for me.

while i was there another elderly man came to pay for the same offense. he was furious on how he was treated by the road safety guys and demanded to see the dotor before he will pay. he was told he can only see the doctor after paying 16k.

i left there and went back to their office because i couldn’t pay at the cyber cafe. they collected the 4k from me and release my car keys.

this country is finished but i pray God almighty to restore this country. as for A A idris i forgive you for letting the Hausa guy go and for what you made me pass through.

Attached is the receipt of the payment I made at Federal Medical Center Jabi.

1 Share

Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by johnmba: 3:14pm On Apr 15, 2018
lalasticla pls move this to front page

its obvious that the whole money i paid did not enter the government coffers but ended up in the pocket of individuals
Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by AK6464(m): 3:24pm On Apr 15, 2018
Naija
Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by akpopaul: 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2018
FRSC is worse of now.to renew my licence, 5 years they collected 15k.paid online earlier ,I was told is waste of money. we need help in this country
Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by uboma(m): 3:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
lol.

This country, Nigeria, needs deliverance.
Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
And you allowed them to intercept you? Get all your document intact and get a lawyer to sue them foŕ extortion. The money is illegal and they shouldn't detect for you which hospital to go to. It's a pity if you are not Hausa, you will be treated differently. Next time know how to handle those miscreants.
Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by sexy74(m): 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
Make an official complain to the road safety authorities stating your issues , copy the public complain commission and say what happens let see what the have to say.

they always come up with laws that is not right just like the case of new number plates .

1 Like

Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by boldx(m): 4:43pm On Apr 15, 2018
please do not keep quiet as someone else will be a victim.
Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by Trueigbo: 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
Lalasticlala do the needful. Nigeria government needs to do something
Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by johnmba: 7:33am On Apr 16, 2018
seun and lalasticlala ...you guys cannot move this to front page so Nigeria can see what is happening.

may God help us
Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by deeway200(m): 8:01am On Apr 16, 2018
the main problem with Nigeria is that we don't have time to fight for our rights. I remembered something military personnel threatened my friend. my friend went to their office at ikeja to report them. They begged ernestly not to be identified
Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by Trueigbo: 2:31pm On Apr 16, 2018
U mean this extortion did not make front page..

Lalastic i dey suspect una
Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by francisbarrack(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2018
From d look of tinz D writer seems to b educated n y can't he mail them directly on there instagram
Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by johnmba: 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2018
francisbarrack:
From d look of tinz D writer seems to b educated n y can't he mail them directly on there instagram

Thank you i will do that.
Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by thisisvince: 11:47am On May 17, 2018
The exact same thing happened to me on Friday last week in Wuse 2 Abuja. I was not even holding my phone. after argument and seeing I was not ready to do weekend for them, They said I was not making call but they saw a phone was in my hand and proceeded to book me for UPD. After paying the N4000 fine online yesterday is was asked to go to the same FMC Jabi.
@johnmba pls can I see the toxicology report they gave to you at FMC!
Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by thisisvince: 11:48am On May 17, 2018
thisisvince:
The exact same thing happened to me on Friday last week in Wuse 2 Abuja. I was not even holding my phone. after argument and seeing I was not ready to do weekend for them, They said I was not making call but they saw a phone was in my hand and proceeded to book me for UPD. After paying the N4000 fine online yesterday is was asked to go to the same FMC Jabi.

Pls you can reach me on whatsapp 08117344325. I meee help in sorting this issue
Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by otokx(m): 12:32pm On May 17, 2018
So things like this happen in Abuja, wonderful.
Re: How i was robbed by Road safety Abuja by johnmba: 6:27pm On May 18, 2018
thisisvince:

Sorry i forgot to make photocopy before submitting the doc to them

(1) (Reply)

Unlawful Detention By The Police / How Money Rituals Makes You A Fool / Swimming Pool That Heal All Sickness ,but Its Cost 50k-pastor Reveal (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.