Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

China Mobile A3s Thread - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / China Mobile A3s Thread (7077 Views)

China Mobile, Huawei Build World’s Highest 5G Base Station / China Mobile Sets Up £3.4 Billion Industry Fund To Propel 5G Expansion / Do You Import China Mobile Phones?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2018
Introducing China mobile A3s, a budget-range smartphone with impressive specifications.

The A3s was launched in February 2018, it spots a 5.2 inches IPS LCD screen. At an impressive price point, the phone comes with a rear mounted Fingerprint Sensor, 2G RAM, Snapdragon 425, Android 7.1 and so on.

A3s currently retails for less than #25,000 ($70).

Specifications
Display Size - 5.2"
SIM Card Quantity - Dual Sim (Hybrid slot)
Rear Camera - 8MP
Front Camera - 5MP
Display Resolution - 1280x720
Battery capacity - 2800mAH
Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 MSM8917 Quad Core up to 1.4GHz
RAM - 2G
ROM - 16GB
Android version - 7.1
Etc

Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2018
Unboxing pictures. The phone comes with a gift-item (Finger ring holder)

Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 5:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
Space booked for review. I'll be updating my personal experience here over the next few days

Modified

* The battery takes around 3 hours to charge. I tried the charger that came with it, which is 5v/1A and I thought the time taken might be because of the charger, so I used a fast charger, but the outcome was the same.

So you'll be able to charge this phone from zero to 100% in around 3hours, give or take few minutes

* The battery life is average, especially considering that it comes with 2800mAH. If you are a light user, it might take you through the day but a heavy user would definitely have to plug in during the day.

If you are considering this phone and you are a heavy user, then u might want to consider buying a power bank too

* The Fingerprint Sensor is good. It is responds to touch and can't seem to reject touch. Although it has around one second delay, that is, there's often a little time between touching the the Fingerprint Sensor and unlocking of the phone, but nothing more than a second.

I've got to say that I'm impressed with the Fingerprint Sensor

* Game performance.

The phone ran Subway Surfers, San Andreas Crime Gang 2017 and Fanatical Basketball comfortably. I tried running Asphalt 8 on it but I was stucked on the intro page because the network was stopping the download from completing.

I wasted 2gb trying to download the game's data which led me to give up on that. But I didn't notice any lag in the intro which I noticed in a lower spec'd phone, but that doesn't mean that it would run Asphalt 8 without lag, however I don't know cos I wasn't able to test that.

Dream League Soccer in the other hand was a bit less snappier than when played on Leeco le S3 for instance (talking about frame rate) , it doesn't render the game unplayable or unenjoyable though, and some people might not notice the difference, but the difference is there, definitely.

* RAM management.

The phone's RAM management is good, for its price. I was running the four games mentioned above (with the exception of Asphalt cool and whenever I switch from one game to another, none of the games restarted, rather it just simply continue from the last scene which is impressive. DLS even started from the last scene almost 24hrs after I played it.

Also, there is little to no effect on the gameplay itself, I didn't experience any lag in the gameplay as a result of running multiple games at a time. Although it has to be said that running the games together did have a toll on the phone's performance such that there was delay of maybe 2 to 3 seconds in switching between games and also in responding to home button or multi-task button when 4 games are running simultaneously.

It's worthy of note too that I attempted to run another game (scrabble I think) and it made one of the games start over.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by henry007(m): 5:16pm On Apr 15, 2018
BeardedTraveler:
Space booked for review. I'll be updating my personal experience here over the next few days

The specs look good. cool
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by Seyilome(m): 5:42pm On Apr 15, 2018
I wanted to buy this phone when it was sold for 22k then, but I was scared of it, now thatI have seen my brother here in Nigeria I think it is making sence, I heard that it came with stock android, I am waiting for more review from u,pls does it have screen mirroring
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 9:31pm On Apr 15, 2018
henry007:

The specs look good. cool

Totally
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 9:32pm On Apr 15, 2018
Seyilome:

I wanted to buy this phone when it was sold for 22k then, but I was scared of it, now thatI have seen my brother here in Nigeria I think it is making sence, I heard that it came with stock android, I am waiting for more review from u,pls does it have screen mirroring

More review in the next few days, God willing

I'll check the screen mirroring feature to confirm
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by dreamangel: 9:49am On Apr 18, 2018
Can you assist in buying this phone? I saw it for $64 at geekbuying.com.
Thanks
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2018
dreamangel:
Can you assist in buying this phone? I saw it for $64 at geekbuying.com.

Thanks

No problem. Let's talk on WhatsApp 081179.3028.8
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by Seyilome(m): 6:48pm On Apr 18, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

No problem. Let's talk on WhatsApp 081179.3028.8
U said u would more reviews, yet nothing
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2018
Seyilome:

U said u would more reviews, yet nothing

Don't mind me, I should have written some things but I'm yet to fully test asphalt 8 on it, the file download wasn't successful cos of network, I wasted close to 2gb.

But tomorrow is another day. I might post it tomorrow
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2018
Op now do you change the language to English.. And does it support Nigerian sim? How is the camera and browsing
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by Franky826: 11:59pm On Apr 18, 2018
Shipped mine from geekbuying since two weeks now.

No update on tracking. Only notification of shipping when I try tracking it.

Anyway not the first time I'm buying from geekbuying so let me relax a bit small again.

OP come do reviews abeg

1 Like

Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 9:20am On Apr 19, 2018
Tochyodiks:
Op now do you change the language to English.. And does it support Nigerian sim? How is the camera and browsing

It is global version. It's already set to English. The browsing is okay.

I'll do some camera test today and post samples
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by Benjaniblinks(m): 9:30am On Apr 19, 2018
Bro, Can U Rate The Battery, Camera? I'm !N Kaduna, How Cn I Order For It?
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 11:39am On Apr 19, 2018
Benjaniblinks:
Bro, Can U Rate The Battery, Camera? I'm !N Kaduna, How Cn I Order For It?

I will drop sample pictures and other review later in the day.

You can get it from Aliexpress, and I can also help u if u want
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by fibonacci2526: 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
you guys should know this is an entry level device, lower your expectation and don't expect this phone to perform wonders.

1 Like

Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2018
Sample pictures + comparison with le s3

First picture - China Mobile A3s
Second picture - Leeco le s3 x626

Note: I'm sending the screenshots of the original images
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by fibonacci2526: 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2018
BeardedTraveler:
Sample pictures + comparison with le s3

First picture - China Mobile A3s
Second picture - Leeco le s3 x626

wey the pics na?
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
fibonacci2526:

wey the pics na?

Lol. Poor network cheesy
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by MrBONE2(m): 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Lol. Poor network cheesy
If Network looks Bad then used 9mobile grin
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 2:59pm On Apr 19, 2018
Outdoor

Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 3:17pm On Apr 19, 2018
I have more pictures coming but my network is a joke presently... I'll keep trying
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 3:56pm On Apr 19, 2018
Outdoor

Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 3:58pm On Apr 19, 2018

Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 4:00pm On Apr 19, 2018
Low light without flash

Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
Low light with flash

Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2018
Lastly, green leaves snapped simultaneously

Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
MrBONE2:

If Network looks Bad then used 9mobile grin

Lol. 9mobile no dey my house ó
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 6:34pm On Apr 19, 2018
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by Seyilome(m): 7:59am On Apr 20, 2018
Does the phone have screen cast-screen/mirorring display feature ?
Re: China Mobile A3s Thread by BeardedTraveler: 9:20am On Apr 20, 2018
Seyilome:
Does the phone have screen cast-screen/mirorring display feature ?

Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Stop BB Subscription On Android / Live Pictures From The Camon C9 Launch In Lagos / How to add battery percentage to phone status bar for Android 7.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.