Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,528 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Tribute To Christian In Northern Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tribute To Christian In Northern Nigeria (508 Views)

Muslim Dad Dumps Newborn Baby In Toilet Because Mother Is Christian In Adamawa / Kaduna State Imam, Ibrahim Kazim Converts To Christian In Rome / What Power Draws People To Christian Crusades? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tribute To Christian In Northern Nigeria by EmperorMGI: 7:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
TRIBUTE TO CHRISTIAN IN NORTHERN NIGERIA

I write this piece to express my deep affection for the Christians in the Northern part of Nigeria. Though never acknowledged or celebrated, I choose to esteem the lives of believers in the arid region of this country who, regardless of the tribulations they have experienced, remain unperturbed, unmovable in their faith.

This is not in anyway trying to cause segregation between orthodox and unorthodox, exalt denominations among the Pentecostals or to extol a particular tribe. It's just to recognise the price the Catholics, Methodists, Anglicans, Baptists, Pentecostals and many more, who have members from different ethnic groups, have paid to see the Christian faith still alive and waxing strong in the North-east, North-west and North central/Middle belt regions of Nigeria.

These regions have become dreadful places where many people do not want to visit, not to talk of dwelling or settling there.
It has become a place where seeing another day of peace is greatly craved for, due to the unrest.

It has become a place where security of lives and properties is not certain due to the various attacks.
It has become a place where markets, offices, churches and even schools are not safe for the residents.

It has become a place where one's beliefs and faith is threatened immensely and persecution of various kinds are happening daily. Persecutions such as inflicting of suffering, harassment, isolation, imprisonment, fear and pain, confiscation and destruction of properties, arrest, imprisonment, beatings, torture, execution or death, are perpetrated with impunity.

It has become a place where a priest, pastor or church leader will go out from his home and might not return to his family.
So disheartening!

Nevertheless, despite all the afflictions and trials of faith they have experienced, their love for God has not dwindled, ever passionate, becoming fearless and exhibiting courage everyday in their daily activities.
Hmmmn...Yes they are!

St.Theresa Catholic Church Madalla, Niger State is still observing their mass in spite of the 25th December 2011 bomb blast that resulted in the untimely death of many.

Southern Kaduna Christians are still having their regular church services in defiance of the plans and desires of their attackers in the year 2016.

And so many more....

Today, I celebrate every Catholic Priests and Rev.d Father, Venerable and Bishop I celebrate every pastor serving God in the North, permit me to mention names here...Bro. Gbile Akanni, Pst. Chris Delvan, Pst.(Dr) Paul Enenche, Apostle Arome Osayi, Apostle Joshua Selman, Pst Samson Ayuba and Pst. Chingtok Ishaku...just to mention a few

I won't leave out song ministers, Dr. Panam Percy Paul, Pst. Elijah Oyelade, Chris Morgan, Solomon Lange, Owie Abutu and Dunsin Oyekan.

These men selflessly minister for the perfecting of the saints and edification of the Body of Christ.

But much more, I celebrate every faithful steward in the vineyard of God in the North. Your works, service and sacrifices for his house will be greatly rewarded.
Leah Sharibu has demonstrated this, a young teenage girl who refused to denounce her faith in Christ even in the face of "death".

Truly, everyone must sincerely seek the grace of God upon the Northern Christians... Their doggedness, sacrifice, perservance and genuine passion in seeking God.
With humour I tell people this, " If you serve God in the North, your life will never remain the same".

If you have never been to the North before now, I would surely recommend you take time out to have a Retreat there...you'll surely thank me for this.

Remain Ever Blessed!

#MakingGenerationalImpact

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

10 Indicators You Have An Unhealthy Sexual Soul Tie With Somebody! / Discipleship, The Solution: / Black Magic In Action: Masquerade Flying. Atheists Disprove This!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.