Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation (17153 Views)

Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking / Fire Outbreak At Nile University’s Medical Building In Abuja / Cynthia Chizoba Okoye Graduates As Doctor From Tulane University Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by akaahs(m): 11:21pm On Apr 16, 2018
officialviaj:
I am a kogi state university medical student. I got admitted to study medicine in 2012 and for the past 6years I have been in 300level, we have been hearing stories from both the government and the school, "that we are working on it", "we should read our books". We have stagnated and suffered emotionally. I weep daily!. The last governor of kogi state Governor Idris Wada, instead of upgrading the secondary health facility in the university village(kogi state diagnostic hospital in anyigba) to a teaching hospital he went and started his own pet project (build a new hospital from the scratch) which he didn't complete, it's now an abandoned project. The new Governor of the state, Governor Yahaya Bello set up a committee for accreditation of the college of medicine and for the past 4years he has been in power I tell you my reader no block has been laid, and I don't know if I would graduate in the next 10years. Some medical students have even threaten to commit suicide because of the humiliation and frustration. We are frustrated and our parents are in pains.... Help share this post as much as possible let people know about our plight.
#saveksumedicine
#saveksumeds
#fairplusfairaccreditation
U people are aware that d college medicine is not accredited and yet u decided to take risk, y are u guys crying now. Make una wait till d day they accredited it
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by suavemo6(m): 11:32pm On Apr 16, 2018
akaahs:

U people are aware that d college medicine is not accredited and yet u decided to take risk, y are u guys crying now. Make una wait till d day they accredited it

You should be ashamed the first saying things like this,,, put ur sef in their shoes, and you expect them to wait for 10-14 years ba.... Please rethink again.... This was never the students fault
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by suavemo6(m): 11:34pm On Apr 16, 2018
They should attend to the students,,, it's not funny anymore, destinies are been wasted all in the name of politics and tribalism.... Kogi state government should raise up and work things out for her students
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by laudate: 4:36am On Apr 17, 2018
officialviaj:
I am a kogi state university medical student. I got admitted to study medicine in 2012 and for the past 6years I have been in 300level, we have been hearing stories from both the government and the school, "that we are working on it", "we should read our books". We have stagnated and suffered emotionally. I weep daily!. The last governor of kogi state Governor Idris Wada, instead of upgrading the secondary health facility in the university village(kogi state diagnostic hospital in anyigba) to a teaching hospital he went and started his own pet project (build a new hospital from the scratch) which he didn't complete, it's now an abandoned project. The new Governor of the state, Governor Yahaya Bello set up a committee for accreditation of the college of medicine and for the past 4years he has been in power I tell you my reader no block has been laid, and I don't know if I would graduate in the next 10years. Some medical students have even threaten to commit suicide because of the humiliation and frustration. We are frustrated and our parents are in pains.... Help share this post as much as possible let people know about our plight.
#saveksumedicine
#saveksumeds
#fairplusfairaccreditation

This is very unfair. sad But then Kogi state was not blessed with a good governor, but a self-serving narcissist like Yahaya Bello, who knows nothing about governance. angry In the past, if certain courses are not accredited, the affected university would liaise with other universities whose courses in the same field have been accredited, to transfer their students to such places, to complete their studies. Several years ago, when one or two courses in Unilorin had the same problem, their students were transferred to University of Ibadan to finish up their studies. KSU authorities should consider this option, instead of letting their medical students suffer till eternity....
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by laudate: 4:41am On Apr 17, 2018
akaahs:

That is so untrue. sad At the time they were admitted, their medical school had partial or interim accreditation. Some people even said full accreditation was granted in 2012, but it was downgraded to interim accreditation the following year. They had to fulfil certain conditions to get full accreditation, but then the authorities never did so, and that partial accreditation was withdrawn.
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by 2BIMIC(m): 6:35am On Apr 17, 2018
I am a kogi state university medical student. I got admitted to
study medicine in 2012 and for the past 6years I have been in
300level, we have been hearing stories from both the
government and the school, "that we are working on it", "we
should read our books". We have stagnated and suffered
emotionally. I weep daily!. The last governor of kogi state
Governor Idris Wada, instead of upgrading the secondary
health facility in the university village(kogi state diagnostic
hospital in anyigba) to a teaching hospital he went and started
his own pet project (build a new hospital from the scratch)
which he didn't complete, it's now an abandoned project. The
new Governor of the state, Governor Yahaya Bello set up a
committee for accreditation of the college of medicine and for
the past 2years he has been in power I tell you my reader no
block has been laid, and I don't know if I would graduate in
the next 10years. Some medical students have even threaten
to commit suicide because of the humiliation and frustration.
We are frustrated and our parents are in pains.... Help share
this post as much as possible let people know about our
plight.
#saveksumedicine
#saveksumeds
https://www.nairaland.com/4454936/kogi-state-university-medical-student

1 Like

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Ochettah: 7:39am On Apr 17, 2018
I am sick and tired of the whole situation. How can people be so cruel and greedy, what if they had children in this condition? Several times I cried my eyes out thinking when will things change, when will we have hopes for tomorrow, when are we going to make our parents smile, when are we going to achieve our dreams, all these and more. Now, we are no longer going to sit back and just watch, even God will understand!
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Ksudr(m): 11:38am On Apr 17, 2018
Day 2
Protest continues at the so called teaching hospital. We are not taking this place as our teaching hospital. Because it lack minimum standard as stipulated in the MDCN red book.

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Ksudr(m): 11:54am On Apr 17, 2018

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by suavemo6(m): 12:18pm On Apr 17, 2018
Second day protest.... Save kogi state University College of health Science......
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by suavemo6(m): 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2018
Second day,,,,, Save kogi state University College of health Science....

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by suavemo6(m): 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2018
Government ooooooo ooo

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Ksudr(m): 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2018
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by laudate: 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2018
2BIMIC:
I am a kogi state university medical student. I got admitted to study medicine in 2012 and for the past 6 years I have been in 300 level, we have been hearing stories from both the government and the school, "that we are working on it", "we should read our books". We have stagnated and suffered emotionally. I weep daily!. The last governor of kogi state Governor Idris Wada, instead of upgrading the secondary health facility in the university village (kogi state diagnostic hospital in anyigba) to a teaching hospital he went and started his own pet project (build a new hospital from the scratch) which he didn't complete, it's now an abandoned project. The new Governor of the state, Governor Yahaya Bello set up a committee for accreditation of the college of medicine and for the past 2 years he has been in power I tell you my reader no block has been laid, and I don't know if I would graduate in the next 10 years. Some medical students have even threaten to commit suicide because of the humiliation and frustration. We are frustrated and our parents are in pains.... Help share
this post as much as possible let people know about our plight.
#saveksumedicine
#saveksumeds
https://www.nairaland.com/4454936/kogi-state-university-medical-student

Well, I feel so sorry about your plight. sad But you cannot keep hanging around indefinitely, waiting for government. Please try to apply for a transfer to medical schools in other state universities, or federal public tertiary institutions. It is sad, that the KSU authorities are not making any effort to resolve this problem. undecided
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by akaahs(m): 3:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
[quote author=suavemo6 post=66774326]

You should be ashamed the first saying things like this,,, put ur sef in their shoes, and you expect them to wait for 10-14 years ba.... Please rethink again.... T
his was never the students fault [/quote
What are thay still doing in d school if d programme is not accredited or partially accredited and more over there are many accredited schools scatter all over Nigeria.
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Shedx: 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2018
I am proudly in this struggle...
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by officialviaj: 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2018
Kogi state university medical students have been in the kogi state university for more than 5years stagnating and never for once have we had a mid semester break. We have been quiet and patient enough. Something must be done! We are just fighting for our right and demanding that the school management of kogi state university who had offered medical students provisional admission to study medicine and the state government to give us accreditation so that we can write our professional exams and graduate as medical doctors. We are not violent, we didn't destroy any of the school's properties. But this afternoon at about 3:00pm the school has asked us to vacate our hostels within 3hours i.e by 6:00pm because we are asking the school to give us answers... They have decided to send us home to rot!! What have we done to deserve this, but one thing is certain we are not backing down, kogi state university give us accreditation
#Saveksumedicine
#saveksumeds
#accreditationiswhatwewant
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by officialviaj: 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
k

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Ksudr(m): 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2018
The Kogi State university has directed the medical student of the university to vacate their hostel till further notice....

Wicked people
The world is watching

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Ksudr(m): 5:56pm On Apr 18, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lecturer Who Demands Sex For Higher Grades Risks 5 Years Jail Term–senate / Aptech Computer Education, Uyo: The Unheard Afflictions Of Staff And Student / Oau Admission List Is Out For 2011/2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.