Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,696 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services (12597 Views)

20 Items Of Laundry-nyanfu.com / Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? / Reguirements For Opening Of Corporate Accounts In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services by topeodus21: 2:17pm On May 14, 2010
Good day house,
I am seriously thinking of being self employed,
I wish 2 start a laundry services,i want d house 2 share ideas with me on how 2 go about it,
cos i want to operate it on a medium scale and watch it grow,
pls every open idea will b welcome as it demands urgent attention
Re: Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services by distinct00: 2:35am On May 15, 2010
laundry business is a very profitable business if get the right customers,ur location will also determine ur earnings.
Re: Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services by oyinda3(f): 10:04pm On May 15, 2010
this is an excellent idea. for real shocked why didn't i think of it!?

i suggest you open your shop in a middle - high income neighborhood.
somewhere that has comparatively reliable electricity - or buy ur own generators
import washing machines and dryers
and think of how much ur going to charge per load etc (create a survey and distribute it to people in the neighborhood asking questions like "do you have a househelp who does laundry for you? how much are you willing to pay to use a laundromat service? where would you like the store to be located? what times during the day do you wash your clothes? how many times in a month etc)
hire people to help you out.

check this out for more help as well:
http://www.ehow.com/how_15362_open-laundromat.html

1 Like

Re: Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 18, 2010
depends on how much you have. if you dnt have much and you are starting with very little hire this young men around for now take only clothes you can wash and dry as your income increases you can buy a washing machine and a dryer that will make it easier on you. i think a moderate sized washing machine should be ok u could also go for fairly used machines pending when you can afford a bigger one.if you have a lot buy machines rent a shop in a highbrow neighbourhood but dont charge outrageously so you can penetrate the market.you can go round town to paste your fliers and handbills.and most especially do a goodwork.
Re: Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services by seun0622(m): 10:51am On May 24, 2010
Laundry business is a very lucrative one if properly planned.

In plannining and setting up the business, take note of these important points and deal with them one after the other.

1. Location : This is very important as it is advisable to locate the business very close to your target customers.
2.Customer base: Build your customer base by diversifying into different aspects of the business e.g home and office delivery
3. Effective service delivery: Get the best equipments you can afford, employ the best method obtainable in the business and also get the best hands to do the work for you.

These will go a very long way in making you a brand to be reckoned with in the business.

Regards.
Re: Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services by jot01(m): 1:48pm On Jun 01, 2010
NEPA !!!!!!!!!!!! NEPA !!!!!!!!!!!! NEPA !!!!!!!!!!!! NEPA !!!!!!!!!!!! NEPA !!!!!!!!!!!! NEPA !!!!!!!!!!!! NEPA !!!!!!!!!!!! NEPA !!!!!!!!!!!! NEPA !!!!!!!!!!!!NEPA !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services by solomonjay(m): 10:31pm On Jun 01, 2010
register a bizness name so u can add ur BN number along with the name.it makes trust a tin to plan with.a friend who owns SPARKO CLEAN registered with me.also u have to be a good marketer, or hire someone to do feasibility studies,that is if u cant do it urself.get a gud location esp in an estate where young working class people reside.if ure in abuja,all me and be inspired at what i au show u, 69793367

1 Like

Re: Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services by dejgan: 3:11pm On Jun 14, 2010
Why learn from your own mistakes when you can learn from others. Attend the next Start Your Own Business Seminars in Lagos and learn how to manage and grow a laundry outfit. The laundry business is a business you can start without a dime. You can call 07040298808. Start Your Own Business Seminars is aimed at helping individuals start a business without the capital hassles. There are testimonies from the last laundry class. Cheers!
Re: Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services by owojaiyeo: 10:08am On Jun 15, 2010
Nice idea! People would always need to wash and iron their clothes, especially the working class with little or no time. After you must have factored all what members of the house have advised respectively, don't forget that you need to give your business a corporate unique identity in form of a business logo; then pushing your service to the consumer via visual communication (flyers) is essential. We can talk more on this once you are ready. You can reach me on 08033584102 or o.owojaiye@gmail.com. Cheers and all the best
Re: Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services by Consensus: 7:06pm On Jun 15, 2010
Just like you'v been advised, your location will determine your patronage and your earnings. Goodluck!
Re: Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services by Nobody: 5:59am On Sep 13, 2011
Coming from someone who already runs a laundromat outfit, I will say that your patronage depends on how fast, reliable and efficient your services are. More of your first time customers will disappear if you can't keep up with their pace, another set will fly a way to the next best thing if your prices are considerably low), and yet still another set of customers will leave when you don't give them 100% of their money's worth. You can break through if you have a decent place and efficient personnel who know what to do to satisfy a customer. Running a laundry is not an easy venture, but if you are diligent, you will be grateful to have made such a wise decision. Home delivery service is also an aspect you should have an open mind to once you start-up.

Note: When it's about Laundry & Dry Cleaning, location is not a major factor as it can survive anywhere, just get found and do your part.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services by steve184: 3:08am On Mar 15, 2012
Most of the information that you will find online is targeted at American entrepreneurs. Laundromats suit the American market and you can find lots of information about this industry on sites like http://www.openingalaundromat.com . However, in some countries a very different business model is going to be required.

It is great if you can move away from the DIY model with coin machines as you require an expensive store front. If you have a lower cost of labor in your country you would want to rent a cheaper space off the main road or use your home laundry. Then you could offer a premium service to a more wealthy clientelle. Basically pick up their dirty laundry on certain days of the week and then drop it off upon completion. Getting commercial accounts is also smart thinking as many businesses require laundry services on a regular basis.
Re: Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services by gistcity(m): 1:50pm On Mar 05, 2020
The best advice is to get a business plan
Re: Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services by joeybankz: 9:14am On Jul 28, 2020
Dry cleaning and laundry business plan....

(1) (Reply)

FG Sells 12.4 Billion Shares To CBN (Photos) / Naira Loses ₦‎79 To Dollar / AMCON Takes Over NICON Insurance, Nigeria Reinsurance Corporation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.