Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,096 members, 7,953,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:38 PM

Journey To Italy - Untold Stories Of A Returnee (third Episode) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Journey To Italy - Untold Stories Of A Returnee (third Episode) (487 Views)

The untold Story of Ubaga HK >yahoo Yahoo, yahoo plus, mtcn, betrayal! / The Thorny Path To Italy- A Novel By Akíntayo Akinjide / Journey To Italy - Untold Stories Of A Returnee (fourth Episode) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Journey To Italy - Untold Stories Of A Returnee (third Episode) by Ademolag(m): 3:12pm On Apr 16, 2018
A few hours later our car broke down. The scorching sun was merciless on us. Everybody kept to her water can while the driver was busy with it. He had convinced us that it will be up and running in a jiffy. In a matter of minutes, my gown had become soaked, likewise everybody. Madam UC lamented, "you drivers are too mischievous, I asked you before paying if you are certain that this car is in good condition, you said yes. Now, look at this" she kept pacing around the car and checking her wristwatch.

Two hours on, he was now pacing and looking at his phone screen. He said he'll have to call his mechanic friend. Suddenly Madam UC exploded, "this man you're very stupid, l believe you're trying to rob us and I'm sure this car is in good condition" He also got angry and replied annoyingly. Consequently, a quarrel broke out between them. we gathered behind her and began assisting her in the duel.
"Girls we have to trekk, this man is a thief, he wants to rob us. Let's be on our way before he reaches his friends!" She announced. She took her handbag, handed it over to me, then we set out. Looking forward I got convinced that the journey will be endless, I believe that was how my colleagues felt but who are we to complain. We followed her like sheep following their Shepherd. Although she kept assuring us that the journey only looks endless but it is actually a little distance. "Just a little more and we'll meet other drivers that will carry us" she kept voting.
The fact that the sun has begun to set gave us a relief, but the fact that we were in possession of no torch except madam UC's phone which had no torch was horrifying. She kept cursing the driver and complaining about the lack of torch. She drank her water once in few hours while we kept drinking and pouring ours on our heads every minute.

Ijeoma had ran out of the water by the time we sat down to rest. Madam UC noticed it and shared her own with her. "We'll continue by ten, so you can sleep if you want to," she said, recollecting the fact that the ground was hot she added, "just pour water on the spot you want to lie down, we'll soon get to refill the cans, just two or three hours more"
While others slept, I and madam UC kept sitting. I was wondering what could possibly happen while she was looking in the direction we came from. Suddenly she sighed, then said, "I knew it, wake the others it, the thieves are here", instead of giving me hope the light from the car gave me heartache. "Aunty, what do we do?" asked Idowu. She was silent a while before replying, "we have nowhere to run, let's pray they don't rape us". The news came to me as a shock, we kept staring at the approaching car. It was exactly that situation when doom is about to happen to you and all you could do was anticipate the possible damage it might cause.

As the car oozed to a stop before us we began to cry because the countenance of the men that were stepping out of it assured us of getting raped. "Oga this thing you did no good, I knew it," said madam UC to the driver. He told she'll lose her life if she spoke again. "Everybody remove your clothes!" Bellowed the shortest among them. "Again?" I whispered as I zipped down. "You no Dy hear!?" The driver asked madam UC. She sighed, then began to strip. They packed everything thing on the car bonnet, the driver and one of them began to search the pockets of every dress. They announced to the short one that they found only three hundred thousand cefas inside madam UC's handbag. "So you have buried the remaining abi?" he asked madam UC. We didn't burry anything abeg, that is all we have" she answered.

"No wahala, Oya lie down!" he ordered her. "Oga abeg, Na beg I Dy beg, Biko just take the money, Biko" she pleaded. "You Sabi as we Dy do am madam, abeg lie down make I do comot here". He slept with her a little, then asked me to lie down. I obeyed without delay, while I watched as the others took turns in raping madam UC. Then it dawned on me that the boss must go first before the others. Which means we shall all suffer the same fate she was suffering. Within a matter of minutes, we all had someone on us. I heard madam UC saying, "easy oga!" to one of them. I looked in my sister's direction, shame overwhelmed me when her gaze met mine. The tears on her face dehumanized me, I closed my eyes in regret.

To be continued
Ade Richards
Read more of #aderichardss creations at pages77.

(1) (Reply)

You Are What You Think You Are / A Beggar's Son / The Void YOU Left

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.