Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

It Is Illegal For Ladies To Walk Around With Pepper Spray – Nigerian Police (pic - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / It Is Illegal For Ladies To Walk Around With Pepper Spray – Nigerian Police (pic (620 Views)

3 Women Pepper-Spray Seller, Run Away With Lace Wigs From The Store (Video) / Four Ejigbo Boys Who Gang-raped Girl, Arrested By Police (pic) / Mastermind Of Benue Attacks & Leader Of Killer Herdsmen Arrested By Police. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Illegal For Ladies To Walk Around With Pepper Spray – Nigerian Police (pic by CalciumB3: 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
Pepper spray (also known as capsicum spray) is a
lachrymatory agent (a chemical compound that
irritates the eyes to cause tears, pain, and temporary
blindness) used in policing, riot control, crowd control,
and self-defense, including defense against dogs and
bears.
In Nigeria, it has come to our knowledge that possessing
that spray in public is illegal and it might get you arrested.
This was evident in a reply to a twitter user who according
to her was in poice custody because she was found with a
pepper spray.
The user with the handle @yoitspizzu tweeted ;
@YomiShogunle oga yomi your boys have stopped me
for owning a pepper spray saying it’s an offense ..
currently at Igando police station
Yomi Shogunle, who is the assistant Commisioner of
Police in the state replied ;
What are you doing with a pepper spray?
Pepper spray is an offensive weapon, Nigeria �� Law
prohibits going armed in the public.
cc: @PoliceNG_PCRRU
Re: It Is Illegal For Ladies To Walk Around With Pepper Spray – Nigerian Police (pic by CalciumB3: 11:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
angry

1 Share

Re: It Is Illegal For Ladies To Walk Around With Pepper Spray – Nigerian Police (pic by Onechancearmy(m): 11:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
A country of retards and morons at all levels of governance. By their stupid Nigerian logic, pepperspray which is generally regarded as a mildly deterrent means of self defence is on the same level as an assault rifle and is capable of inflicting a similar degree of injury. I honestly can't wait to escape from this shithole.
Re: It Is Illegal For Ladies To Walk Around With Pepper Spray – Nigerian Police (pic by bodejohn(m): 11:16pm On Apr 17, 2018
I can't believe I'm laughing at my country...
Re: It Is Illegal For Ladies To Walk Around With Pepper Spray – Nigerian Police (pic by femolacqua(m): 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2018
Are you kidding me?, this just got real.

1 Like

Re: It Is Illegal For Ladies To Walk Around With Pepper Spray – Nigerian Police (pic by SamuelTurner(m): 12:15am On Apr 18, 2018
Buhari Must Return To Daura
Hit like if your support Share if you oppose
Re: It Is Illegal For Ladies To Walk Around With Pepper Spray – Nigerian Police (pic by ahnie: 12:53am On Apr 18, 2018
Is Atarugo/tatashe spray also illegal?

Naija police ain't the sharpest tools in the shed

(1) (Reply)

Notorious Kwara Cult Member Dies In Clash With Guards / Supreme Court Acquits Otokoto Suspect After Spending 22 Years In Jail / 300 Level Student Killed In Front Of School Gate In Imo State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.