Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

8 Scary Facts You Need To Know About Your Microwave - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 8 Scary Facts You Need To Know About Your Microwave (911 Views)

Clearance Sales: Rice Cooker, Pressure Cooker, Microwave& Fridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Scary Facts You Need To Know About Your Microwave by VcStunner(m): 7:35am On Apr 18, 2018
Listen, I don’t know how you will feel about what I am about to share with you but am sure as hell saving your life on the long run. I know you have been with her (your microwave) for so long and she has been so helpful and whatever other emotional stuff you may want to add to it but hear me first. Microwaves are not entirely the darling we thought them to be. And I am going to tell you why…

What Research Says

1.Microwaving prepared meats to ensure sanitary ingestion was found to provoke the formation of d-Nitrosodiethanolamines, a well-known carcinogen.
2.Microwaving milk and cereal grains was found to convert some of their amino acids into carcinogenic substances.
3.Swiss clinical trials have found that microwaving food increases cholesterol levels. It was also found to decrease red and white blood cell counts while decreasing haemoglobin and producing radiolytic compounds.
4.Thawing frozen fruits was found to convert their glucoside and galactoside containing fractions into carcinogens.
5.Even very short exposure of raw, cooked, or frozen vegetables to microwaves was found to convert their plant alkaloids into carcinogens.
6.Russian and Japanese studies have shown how food can lose nearly 60% to 90% of its food value when cooked or heated in a microwave oven. Significant portions of Vitamins B, C, E, and essential minerals have been found to be lost.
7.Food cooked in a microwave oven with a little water can lose up to 97% of its beneficial antioxidants.
8.Another issue with microwave ovens is that many people cook food in plastic and paper containers. Carcinogenic toxins can leach out of this packaging into your food. Studies have shown that chemicals such as polyethylene terephthalate (PET), benzene, toluene, and xylene can leach from the packaging of common microwavable foods such as pizzas, fries, and popcorn.

I will be discussing the best and safest alternatives to microwaves in my next post and how to also effectively use the microwaves without raising the risks.
Do not forget to follow my site www.greentechnaija..com for more valuable information. You can also share this post so people can be educated and live right.
Source: https://greentechnaija..com.ng/2018/04/microwave-ovens-and-cancer-untold-love.html

Re: 8 Scary Facts You Need To Know About Your Microwave by thesicilian: 7:44am On Apr 18, 2018
One scary fact about your car: it kills people everyday.
Does that stop you from driving to work?

1 Like

Re: 8 Scary Facts You Need To Know About Your Microwave by VcStunner(m): 11:03am On Apr 18, 2018
thesicilian:
One scary fact about your car: it kills people everyday.
Does that stop you from driving to work?
no sir, understood. Even though your argument is flawed
Re: 8 Scary Facts You Need To Know About Your Microwave by thesicilian: 12:02pm On Apr 18, 2018
VcStunner:
no sir, understood. Even though your argument is flawed
Different strokes...
Re: 8 Scary Facts You Need To Know About Your Microwave by eddyline(m): 7:51am On Apr 21, 2018
where are links and references to these claims

(1) (Reply)

Take Away Pack For Sale / How To Make Kilishi / Demi Catering Rental Services In Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.