Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER (4914 Views)

Universal 4G Router For Smile,spectranet,glo,mtn,airtel,ntel& 9mobile @ N15000 / 4G LTE Mifi For Smile,swift,spectranet,ntel,mtn,etisalat,airtel And Glo / 1GB For Free!! 10GB For 1k! Fantastic Offer From Ntel!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by oswardic(m): 7:05pm On Apr 19, 2018
To the people who are naive to what ntel can do, this is an eye opener, no wonder they did not waste time before increasing their subscription from 12,500 to 17,500 which is 5000 naira difference.

I just wasted 3750 naira on ntel after trying to subscribe today 19/04/2018. I used my brother's internet (Ntel) through hotspot to subscribe to my ntel account, I actually signed out from his ntel account, to my surprise they added the subscription to my brother's account. Initially, after making the payment, I received an error message that the payment was not successful until the money was deducted from my bank account. I called immediately to log a complaint and was told I should not subscribe further as the right thing would be done, then the worst thing I saw was that the subscription was added to his account, I called immediately after seeing that and the lady(Gift) kept saying the same thing that the subscription was already activated on the account and there is nothing they can do and suggested I should tell him to pay me, PAY ME! when he already has a running subscription on his account which is to expire on the 29th of April, 2018 while my 3750 would take me to 26th of April 2018, who would pay for such.. I so detest this network and I pray they shall pack up sooner or later.

If you are out there, be very careful on how you deal with them so they don't take your money without any iota of concern.

I have never seen a company with a toll-free number, yet, the customer pays for the call and even pay much more than the regular calls to other numbers.

2 Likes

Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by ogtavia(m): 7:49pm On Apr 19, 2018
oswardic:
To the people who are naive to what ntel can do, this is an eye opener, no wonder they did not waste time before increasing their subscription from 12,500 to 17,500 which is 5000 naira difference.

I just wasted 3750 naira on ntel after trying to subscribe today 19/04/2018. I used my brother's internet (Ntel) through hotspot to subscribe to my ntel account, I actually signed out from his ntel account, to my surprise they added the subscription to my brother's account. Initially, after making the payment, I received an error message that the payment was not successful until the money was deducted from my bank account. I called immediately to log a complaint and was told I should not subscribe further as the right thing would be done, then the worst thing I saw was that the subscription was added to his account, I called immediately after seeing that and the lady(Gift) kept saying the same thing that the subscription was already activated on the account and there is nothing they can do and suggested I should tell him to pay me, PAY ME! when he already has a running subscription on his account which is to expire on the 29th of April, 2018 while my 3750 would take me to 26th of April 2018, who would pay for such.. I so detest this network and I pray they shall pack up sooner or later.

If you are out there, be very careful on how you deal with them so they don't take your money without any iota of concern.

I have never seen a company with a toll-free number, yet, the customer pays for the call and even pay much more than the regular calls to other numbers.
Oga, NTEL is doing a great job and there is no need to discredit them because of the minor challenge you faced while recharging. Let me ask you, if NTEL is that bad, why were you trying to pay 3750 to browse the Internet unlimited for a week. Is there any offer like this from any of the other networks out there. I have had this same issue you had with MTN and I didn't call them out. NTEL has a very good customer care service btw, I don't know what you are talking about.

3 Likes

Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by oswardic(m): 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2018
Nobody is talking about their service being good or bad, neither did I make mention of that. My point is that, why would you manually credit a wrong account even after a long call with them. The complaint I made was logged to my account and not my brother's account, why then should the subscription be ascribed to his..
ogtavia:
Oga, NTEL is doing a great job and there is no need to discredit them because of the minor challenge you faced while recharging. Let me ask you, if NTEL is that bad, why were you trying to pay 3750 to browse the Internet unlimited for a week. Is there any offer like this from any of the other networks out there. I have had this same issue you had with MTN and I didn't call them out. NTEL has a very good customer care service btw, I don't know what you are talking about.
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by mjay2018: 8:17pm On Apr 19, 2018
Sincerely speaking,ntel customer care is better than most of the gsm organization that will make you wait endlessly on call. They even surprised me by pausing my yet to be activated account for 3weeks while I travel out of the country. Am so impressed. It's what am using now. I feel for you in your situation, no system is perfect but trust me ntel cc is responsive.

1 Like

Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by oswardic(m): 8:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
I have spent over 30 minutes talking to them on the phone, what stops them from manually doing the right thing.. the subscription was manually done... Will it be possible for them to pause the subscription since there is an existing one already
mjay2018:
Sincerely speaking,ntel customer care is better than most of the gsm organization that will make you wait endlessly on call. They even surprised me by pausing my yet to be activated account for 3weeks while I travel out of the country. Am so impressed. It's what am using now. I feel for you in your situation, no system is perfect but trust me ntel cc is responsive.
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by thegame(m): 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2018
oswardic:
I have spent over 30 minutes talking to them on the phone, what stops them from manually doing the right thing.. the subscription was manually done... Will it be possible for them to pause the subscription since there is an existing one already

You are the difficult customer bros. Stop badmouthing the company and trying to stain/ruin Gift’s career by mentioning her name here. She’s not the one getting your 3700.
The job of customer care is to explain how things are done to customers. Some customers are also extremely rude and difficult too, just like you are right now. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by surrogatesng: 10:19am On Apr 20, 2018
You did not logout properly from your brother account before making payment The fault is yours
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by seyoops4u: 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2018
I guess you made the payment in your brother's account.
I mean on your brother's dashboard.
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:59am On Apr 21, 2018
Sounds like the mistake is yours

I doubt if Gift will be able to assist you correct this type of mistake unless one big oga at Ntel asks them to just dash you subscription from his own pocket.

If the subscription is on your brothers account it won't run until his current one stops.

Just hope he can afford to be a gentleman and reimburse you. He didn't send you message to credit his account
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 22, 2018
oswardic:

its an automated system. they probably can correct it, but would be too long and difficult for the sum involved.

the onus is on you to pay more attention next time.
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by oswardic(m): 6:39am On Apr 23, 2018
You said it could be corrected but the customer care spelt it out that nothing could be done. Meanwhile, the subscription was not automatic because the network classified the transaction has failed. I had to forward the transaction number to them to confirm before manually activating the subscription. However, I have moved on since customer care in Nigeria generally are not competent
oyb:

its an automated system. they probably can correct it, but would be too long and difficult for the sum involved.

the onus is on you to pay more attention next time.
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by oswardic(m): 6:43am On Apr 23, 2018
You are right, there is nothing she could do. Trust me, she could keep me on hold to confirm with the technical if anything could be done, but no, she kept saying there is nothing we can not, continuously.

The subscription according to my brother's account states that it is already running alongside the already running subscription.

Notwithstanding, I appreciate your concern, thanks... and now moved on.
4llerbuntu:
Sounds like the mistake is yours

I doubt if Gift will be able to assist you correct this type of mistake unless one big oga at Ntel asks them to just dash you subscription from his own pocket.

If the subscription is on your brothers account it won't run until his current one stops.

Just hope he can afford to be a gentleman and reimburse you. He didn't send you message to credit his account
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by oswardic(m): 6:44am On Apr 23, 2018
Yes but that is over now... thanks..
seyoops4u:
I guess you made the payment in your brother's account.
I mean on your brother's dashboard.

1 Like

Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by oswardic(m): 6:48am On Apr 23, 2018
for your information, I have been a customer since they started, so don't write like I am paid to badmouth them if you do not know what to say. Generally, businesses in Nigeria are concerned only with their benefits, when its involving them breaking sweat to satisfy their customers, it becomes an issue.. Please take your insult offshore! undecided
thegame:

You are the difficult customer bros. Stop badmouthing the company and trying to stain/ruin Gift’s career by mentioning her name here. She’s not the one getting your 3700.
The job of customer care is to explain how things are done to customers. Some customers are also extremely rude and difficult too, just like you are right now. undecided
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by LilNetty(m): 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2018
Good evening... Pls I don't know if u can help me with Ntel customer care number, and am also deliberating on getting Ntel sim for my phone but the problem is that, I don't know if they can accept the ID CARD of where I work for registration.. Because I don't have national Id card...
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by LilNetty(m): 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2018
oswardic:
for your information, I have been a customer since they started, so don't write like I am paid to badmouth them if you do not know what to say. Generally, businesses in Nigeria are concerned only with their benefits, when its involving them breaking sweat to satisfy their customers, it becomes an issue.. Please take your insult offshore! undecided
Good evening... Pls I don't know if u can help me with Ntel customer care number, and am also deliberating on getting Ntel sim for my phone but the problem is that, I don't know if they can accept the ID CARD of where I work for registration.. Because I don't have national Id card...
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by seyoops4u: 7:25pm On Apr 23, 2018
Yes, they'll accept it.

LilNetty:

1 Like

Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by binarykid(m): 8:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
OP from ur hexplanation Sir, The mistake was from your end. hope u dont mind me saying that.
No b magic, their system no go automatically credit ur broda account without any reference to that account. What de would have done (which probably made u tink it was credited manually) was basically to requery the payment and by doing this, the payment is credited into the referenced id (which in this case was ur brother's).

Having said that. I still believe they can still help you if probably u were more subtle in your approach. From my experience with ISPs these payments can be transfered provided your brother can contact them to confirm the request.

NB: Female customercare staff can be MEAN sha o angry
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by wane01(m): 10:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
hello .. you don't need to place a call .. They have very active social media handles on fb and twitter ..
some weeks ago my sub was deactivated before it was due to expire .. I lodged a complaint online .. it took four days as they said my account had some technical issues before it was resolved and also the 6 hours I had left before my bundle expired which I never expected was given to me

Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by oswardic(m): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2018
LilNetty:
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by oswardic(m): 4:50pm On Apr 25, 2018
I think it was a technical issue. I have explained many times on this thread. The truth is, the lady was mean, I tried as much as possible to be calm until she kept sounding like a broken record, saying same thing over and over again, it was disgusting.. The whole thing is not worth the hustle. Already got part of the money from my brother, he was considerate enough..

thanks for your concern.
binarykid:
OP from ur hexplanation Sir, The mistake was from your end. hope u dont mind me saying that.
No b magic, their system no go automatically credit ur broda account without any reference to that account. What de would have done (which probably made u tink it was credited manually) was basically to requery the payment and by doing this, the payment is credited into the referenced id (which in this case was ur brother's).

Having said that. I still believe they can still help you if probably u were more subtle in your approach. From my experience with ISPs these payments can be transfered provided your brother can contact them to confirm the request.

NB: Female customercare staff can be MEAN sha o angry

1 Like

Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by georgeben205(m): 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2018
wane01:
hello .. you don't need to place a call .. They have very active social media handles on fb and twitter ..
some weeks ago my sub was deactivated before it was due to expire .. I lodged a complaint online .. it took four days as they said my account had some technical issues before it was resolved and also the 6 hours I had left before my bundle expired which I never expected was given to me
please how are you able to contact Ntel like this? And what number can i reach them with. There customer service over email is pure crap. Please help asap
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by wane01(m): 10:32pm On Jun 01, 2018
georgeben205:
please how are you able to contact Ntel like this? And what number can i reach them with. There customer service over email is pure crap. Please help asap
Facebook sir .. search ntel Nigeria and lay your complaints as a message. Whoever is in charge would take it up from there.
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by georgeben205(m): 5:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
wane01:

Facebook sir .. search ntel Nigeria and lay your complaints as a message. Whoever is in charge would take it up from there.
thanks alot bruh it worked
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by wane01(m): 9:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
georgeben205:
thanks alot bruh it worked
You're welcome bruv
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by 100bands: 9:21pm On Jun 02, 2018
They have the worst customer service
Ntel is bullshit shocked

Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by GRACEGLORY: 10:00pm On Jun 02, 2018
There's always room for startups.

They will improve with time.
And one or a couple of agents being able to help you isn't enough reason to shutdown a whole company. More so, error occurs too. We had it with other network providers too, and we still use their network till date. Oga MTN, grin
Sorry pal... I hope someday ntel will make it up to you.

I'm not a subscriber though, but I'm a business man myself.
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 01, 2019
Why is their customer care not responding to my calls?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by highlordmarcus(m): 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2019
ogtavia:
The guy wey say this nonsense is high. Which great job. My friend do you know what a great job is? Them no reach anywhere for anything. F9 na Wetin I give them. Okay let me give them E8. Nonsense.
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by Abduletudaye(m): 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2019
Why is their customer care not responding to my calls?

What enquiry do you need to make?
Re: Ntel The Worst Customer Care EVER by WonderJohn(m): 8:49pm On Feb 02, 2020
When my house first bought ntel, we were getting speeds of 30mbps (Which when converted to download speed is about 3.75MBps.) and I am happy to say that we were in that range, this was years ago. Now, I am not expecting that same speed over time but at least, at fucking least 2MBps or even worse comes to worse 1MBps. But no, I can't even get 600kBps download speed at all, not during the night, day or afternoon. What the hell has happened, their portal isn't working, if you subscribe to a data plan you therefore cannot monitor your data, you can't subscribe through ntel, you must use Jumia or quickteller. Like, what the hell. What happened to you guys. If your network speeds were at least still good, maybe in the range of 1.5MBps - 2.6MBps I wouldn't mind much. And that is not an unreasonable request, because fucking Airtel has exactly those speeds. I have been using them since 31st January and it has been so beautiful, yes, they may not have an unlimited plan but, with the same 18,500 i pay on ntel, i can get through the month still doing my basic online routine day after day. Ntel, you guys are officially the worst network in Nigeria. EVEN FUCKING GLO is faster than Ntel, let that sink in.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Core i3 Hp 630 500gb, 4Gb RAM /hp 635 320gb,2gb ram 61,000 / MTN Free Airtime Code / 3month Used Thermocool Freezer For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.