Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,658 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? (17477 Views)

Every Animal Meat Is Not Beef! See All Their Names / What Is The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten When Hungry / The Worst Food You've Eaten (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by spoilt(f): 7:46pm On Mar 14, 2007
what's the craziest kind of meat you've eaten. people , i once ate porcupine meat. let me see you try to top that!!!! grin
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by cuteass1(f): 10:53pm On Mar 14, 2007
well you're right, i can't top that cos i'm scared of eating crazy things (meat) sad
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by cuteass1(f): 11:34pm On Mar 14, 2007
@ spoilt
ofcourse its normal, i'm not saying its not

just that i'm always reluctant to taste unfamiliar things, my mum always tells me"you'll never know until you've tasted it"

atimes it helps, atimes it dosen't smiley
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by omoge(f): 1:07am On Mar 15, 2007
once: d*ck part of cow meat, the girls were all laughing and running away, me just chew it and it tasted good/oily.
once: monitor lizzard: the trap of an igala farmer living close to us caught it, tasted like fish (wouldn't eat that no more though)
tortoise: chew it but couldn't swallow, tasted nice and meaty.

always a curious gal when it comes to trying diverse nig food cheesy

but i don't think i will eat those no more, the only meat i will eat apart from chicken, beef and fish will be Snail (love it cheesy)
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by naijacutee(f): 1:26am On Mar 15, 2007
Tortoise shocked Those things live up to 200years, how would anyone be able to swallow the thing?

Ive nearly eaten antelope.

Close to that, once my cousinbought us all "chicken" and chips, and when we opened the packs, we discovered it was "pigeon" and chips! grin
So I can boldly say I've eaten pigeon. (I suspect it was one of those dirty ones that fly around Trafalgar)
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by omoge(f): 1:31am On Mar 15, 2007
Aha, how do i know it was age 200? grin just curious and tasted it, but couldn't swallow it sha.
the shell was sooo hard to remove (the igala guy said it's normal for the hard shell) so he and he wife had to boil it for long,
we the kids just watch lol, oh well that was then.

Antelop na bush meat, taste good.
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by bluenubian(f): 2:37am On Mar 15, 2007
antelope and bush meat at ore undecided
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by star01(m): 8:05am On Mar 15, 2007
snake, tATSES like fish
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by dblock(m): 1:21pm On Mar 15, 2007
sorry but snail is da craziest animal I've eaten.
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by spoilt(f): 6:20pm On Mar 15, 2007
@omoge
na wa oh! i agree with naijacutee. men those tortoises dont just live for 200 years. they live till doom's day!!!!!!! the meat must have been crunchy as hell. how could you?? shocked shocked ( dont mind me. i'm just being silly. i ate a porcupine so how can i be judegemental. tongue tongue
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by spoilt(f): 6:22pm On Mar 15, 2007
@naijacutee

at least the pidgeon you ate must have been plump and well fed if it was from trafalgar square. with all the tourists feeding them. grin
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 15, 2007
snakes taste like chicken neck.
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by omoge(f): 4:01pm On Mar 17, 2007
hahaha you guys make me laugh, Spoilt, you funny. Oh!! i ate pigeon too, like kids playing and the kids were all like ''pigeon is good'' so we decide to try it, and they added to catch one, just add sugar into water and leave it where the pigeon would see it, when the pigeon drinks it, the pigeon will be dizzy and we can catch them, cook it add oil, pepper, onions and maggi + salt, ewwww, i tried it though.

we never catch none though. but i tried it once,

tortoise, monitor lizard, pigeon!!! NEVER AGAIN WITH ALL THIS SWEET PETS wink wink,
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by omoge(f): 4:02pm On Mar 17, 2007
someone roasted snake and it smells like Roasted Fish, umm
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by omoge(f): 4:03pm On Mar 17, 2007
i mean in moi presence cool

omoge:

someone roasted snake and it smells like Roasted Fish, umm
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by kateflow(f): 4:07pm On Mar 17, 2007
dog dont ask me how it taste
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by Badman888(m): 4:09pm On Mar 17, 2007
Antelope tongue tongue
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by gmcln(m): 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2007
mountain Oyster (pig Testicle).
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by spoilt(f): 1:01am On Mar 19, 2007
@gmcln
oh no! u didnt! eeeewwwwwwwwwww! lipsrsealed
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by ikamefa(f): 4:14am On Mar 19, 2007
crocodile!

snake

turtle

antelope

erhm! e remain small i for chop! lipsrsealed
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by omoge(f): 6:52pm On Mar 19, 2007
ha! i don't know how old that tortoise was o. might need carbon to date/find out its age, em em i think it was old sha considering it was bald, cheesy

if i step into that shore today, i won't touch any meat except beef, chicken, fish, goat meat and snail.
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by spoilt(f): 11:29pm On Mar 19, 2007
@omoge
you're funny. all tortoises are bald. have you ever seen any with hair? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by star01(m): 12:53am On Mar 20, 2007
gat some in my dish right nw
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by omoge(f): 2:29am On Mar 20, 2007
lol Spoilt,

yes o the one i chop get hair boku smiley
but the pot trimmed it all out sha smiley smiley

anyway, i thot it was bald because it was old and riped enough for eating you know i no wan chop baby tortoise (the young tt shall grow)
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by English1(f): 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2007
I like pigeon - but you are not meant to eat those dirty things that live in cities! You eat proper wood pigeons that live wild in the country eating grain. Yum.

I love goose but it is very expensive.

I've also eaten peacock once (not nice).

Rabbit is also good.
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by egbon(m): 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2007
Cat -- very chewy , be very careful if you visit Senegal it is regularly served with ogogoro.
snake -- too much bone, taste like fish
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by Douzy(m): 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2007
Duck! cool
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 06, 2007
male goat
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by Douzy(m): 4:15pm On Apr 06, 2007
Really?
That really doesn't sound crazy for a Nigerian, does it?
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by spoilt(f): 3:28am On Apr 07, 2007
we eat male goat all the time. just that some people find the smell unbearable! it does stink real bad!
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by omoge(f): 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2007
i think the live one stinks, but who can tell after it has been slaughtered, so you might have eaten it many times and still eating it mubowa.
Re: Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 07, 2007
i can still remember the topic says "craziest animal meat you've eaten" and basically, it is personalized because the person the person who created the thread knows that what i consider to be crazy may be what you like. so why don't you guyz say yours instead of interfering in my personal affair.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Where To Buy Peppery, Tasty And Crunchy Kuli Kuli In Lagos State Nigeria / How To Make Tiger Nuts Milk / Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.