Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Microsoft Has Run Out Of Windows Phone Stock - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Microsoft Has Run Out Of Windows Phone Stock (310 Views)

Facebook Account Which Has Run Ads Before Needed / You May Never Run Out Of Cash Again!! / Bet4me Has Run Away With People's Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Has Run Out Of Windows Phone Stock by techbloga: 11:41am On Apr 20, 2018
Even if you really wanted to buy a Windows phone, Microsoft has run out of Windows Phone devices to sell to you. I’ve been watching the number of Windows Phone options on the Microsoft Store website dwindle for over two years now. I was honestly expecting them to disappear completely more than six months ago. It’s 2018, and there are still two remaining phones. Last night, they both flipped over to “out of stock.”

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella restructured the company’s phone business in July 2015. Every event since then has amounted to bad news one way or another.

It likely took so long to get to this “out of stock” stage because Windows 10 Mobile products simply aren’t selling. Frequent price cuts do only so much if the actual products are not desired. Still, Microsoft clearly deemed it better to keep trying to sell the devices than just write them off.

By the way, you can still buy other smartphones from Microsoft. Instead of Windows 10 Mobile, however, they run Android:

You may still be able to find these (and other) Windows 10 Mobile devices at your local Microsoft Store. And of course there are always resellers. There could also be more stock sitting somewhere that will eventually end up at the Microsoft Store. After all, the listings haven’t been pulled; they’re simply marked as out of stock.

Still, it’s only a matter of time.

In the meantime, die-hard Windows 10 fans keep waiting for the mythical Surface Phone.

https://techsphere.com.ng/microsofts-smartphones-production-shuts-down/

Re: Microsoft Has Run Out Of Windows Phone Stock by eezeribe(m): 11:43am On Apr 20, 2018
OK

(1) (Reply)

Errands Services / Please any business i can start without capital? / UBA, Mastercard Partner On Digital Payment Solution For Msmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.