Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Interested In Mushroom? Look No Further. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Interested In Mushroom? Look No Further. (643 Views)

All You Need To Know About The Money-making Opportunity In Mushroom Production / Invest 250k In Mushroom Farming, Receive 500k In Three Months / If You Are In Need Of Quality Nylon Printing, Please Look No Further (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interested In Mushroom? Look No Further. by ugnoble: 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
Many of you might not know me, so that calls for an introduction.

Am a vibrant Nigerian youth (not lazy grin ) who is into prints, graphics and web development but have always had agriculture at the back of my head all day.

I must say nairaland agric section has been a blessing, both in motivation and good source of information. I've been a silent reader and always calculated my moves in order to achieve that which makes me restless : agriculture.

I became interested in Mushroom Farming months ago, and that gave birth to my zeal to learn the business any possible means, but of course, I had my dissatisfaction in the way people actually was helping, so I had to look for someone close to learn from.

Been in a Mushroom Farm learning secrets to the business, and having successfully set up farm for a client, I must say I am close.

My name is Innocent and am here to answer questions that might have been giving you nighmares concerning Oyster Mushroom Cultivation. If you have a farm and might be experiencing difficulties, I might be of help too. Just get the questions rolling let's rub minds.
Re: Interested In Mushroom? Look No Further. by emman44(m): 11:08pm On Apr 20, 2018
What's the minimum amount to cultivate mushroom and your location?
Re: Interested In Mushroom? Look No Further. by ugnoble: 1:43am On Apr 21, 2018
emman44:
What's the minimum amount to cultivate mushroom and your location?

Depends on the capacity which you have in mind. With 100k, you can start up with 280 stuffed substrate bags. That's excluding the cost of structure (can use an empty room if you've got one)

Am in Aba.
Re: Interested In Mushroom? Look No Further. by tonyimadu: 5:52am On Apr 21, 2018
I want to experiment. I want to buy the seeds for about 1500 can you guild me on how to go about it? how many bags would I need.
Re: Interested In Mushroom? Look No Further. by emman44(m): 5:53am On Apr 21, 2018
ugnoble:

Depends on the capacity which you have in mind. With 100k, you can start up with 280 stuffed substrate bags. That's excluding the cost of structure (can use an empty room if you've got one)

Am in Aba.
how long does it take to harvest and is there a ready market for it?
Re: Interested In Mushroom? Look No Further. by ugnoble: 8:51am On Apr 21, 2018
tonyimadu:
I want to experiment. I want to buy the seeds for about 1500 can you guild me on how to go about it? how many bags would I need.

When you say "seeds for about 1500", I don't really know what you meant.

If it's seeds for about 1500 substrate bags, that means you have to measure out the required ratio per substrate bag x the number you wish to achieve. It's actually more about calculation.

If it's seeds worth 1,500 in price you meant, that means it would bring about 10 mixed substrate bags which is quite small. If you can find someone who sells spawn in your location, it's doable, but I don't think someone far will want to sell spawn worth less than 15,000 plus additional cost of delivery.

So, which do you mean?
Re: Interested In Mushroom? Look No Further. by ugnoble: 8:56am On Apr 21, 2018
emman44:
how long does it take to harvest and is there a ready market for it?

How long it takes depends on how well you looked after it after inoculation (that's from experience).
It takes about a month or two depending on the said conditions. Mushroom is so delicate I must tell you, so, how you treats it, is how comes back to you.

And for the marketing, I'll have to be truthful to you, and the truth is that you have to create an awareness so that people can actually know what you're into before the harvest time. Meet individuals, restaurants and/or hotels and let them know what you're into. That was how I started.

Also, I'd advice you join some agricultural groups and place adverts of what you do and surely market would come.
Re: Interested In Mushroom? Look No Further. by fasterwell(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2018
What types of mushroom do you farm?
Can i see pictures?
Re: Interested In Mushroom? Look No Further. by ugnoble: 9:21am On Apr 23, 2018
fasterwell:
What types of mushroom do you farm?
Can i see pictures?
I farm oysters.

(1) (Reply)

Dawn Agro Machinery / Goat Farming In Nigeria / Be Careful With This Proliferation Of Hybrid Seedlings , Its A Cover For Gmos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.