Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film (20669 Views)

Bbnaija Season 7 Cost ₦4.7 Billion To Produce - Multichoice / Netflix Partners With Kunle Afolayan To Produce Three Films (Video) / David Oyelowo, Oprah Winfrey To Produce Yvonne Orji’s Comedy Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by DonDiego(m): 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
[s][/s]
BlackPantherxXx:

Really? No wonder you are like this grin grin grin

Eyaaa. Pele. Life as a bastard who knew not its parents after being picked up from the gutter must be tough for you.

Being raised as an alaye has truly coloured your senses and so you think everyone's like your miserable, slumdog, rats-raised self.
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by cytell56: 2:04pm On Apr 22, 2018
actiondrilling:
A Nigerian graduate student at the New York University, Faraday Okoro has won a transformative grant of $1m to produce a film.

Okoro was among five finalists listed for an award being given by AT&T, the Tribeca Film Festival and the Tribeca Film Institute to a promising young filmmaker, with a focus on underrepresented perspectives.

After a game-show-like pitch-off, Okoro won the transformative grant. His thesis project would have a million-dollar budget.

But the money came with pressure: For example, it was to be filmed in Africa.

The film, “Nigerian Prince,” follows a Nigerian-American high schooler whose mother sends him to live with his aunt in Lagos. There he befriends his cousin, a professional scammer who sends phishing emails, among other deceitful business pursuits.

Winning a $1 million grant to make his film was “much different than winning the lottery,” Faraday said, “because I still had to make the movie for it to mean anything. And I could really feel that.”

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/04/nigerian-graduate-student-wins-1m-to.html

Thank God this IPOB didnt bring the normal news like his brothers in Malaysia or South Africa
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 22, 2018
Lifeofpolice1:
Enjoy your ban
how is the self imposed exile in Libya going na

cc lzaa onyeoga

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by BlackPantherxXx: 2:04pm On Apr 22, 2018
DonDiego:
[s][/s]
Dondiego to his useless gay father and spermbank mother:
Eyaaa. Pele. Life as a bastard who knew not its parents after being picked up from the gutter must be tough for you.

Being raised as an alaye has truly coloured your senses and so you think everyone's like your miserable, slumdog, rats-raised self.

Suicide alert...he pain am well well grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by steveDpro: 2:36pm On Apr 22, 2018
Good one for him
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by LZAA: 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2018
immhotep:
how is the self imposed exile in Libya going na
cc lzaa onyeoga
grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by grandstar(m): 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
With that cash he don pay dem rita dominic finish na. all dem saint obi dem no cost reach 2 million na. even you can ask Omotola to remove her panties for 4 million naira movie.

1million $$ is too much oo. A whole Oscar winning actress Mo'nique was paid $50k for Precious. If you add 3 US actors $150k plus dem groundnut actors dem. Ann Njemanze and dem good actors that will collect 1-2 million in naira. You don act the film finish na. depends on the place. this alone is promo to the movie. so once it is out, the demand will rise.

Mama G or even Liz Benson and Joke Silva dem go take 2-4 million naira for the film. and Dolly Unachukwu omo I miss that woman.

Our male actors na free dem go act am self. You can put use Majek Fashek as houseboy in the film for 100k naira. You can use Phyno to do gateman in the movie and use Cossy orjiakor to carry pot of water barefooted for 70k naira.

go for better solid up and coming who hass been exposed to foreign waka-pass. the film don set. $1m too much sef.

You're correct. Wedding party 1 cost N60m to make.

I am sure by the time he spends half of the money, he will have a blockbuster good for Nigeria.

However, to break into America well, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by thatigboman: 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
With that cash he don pay dem rita dominic finish na. all dem saint obi dem no cost reach 2 million na. even you can ask Omotola to remove her panties for 4 million naira movie.

1million $$ is too much oo. A whole Oscar winning actress Mo'nique was paid $50k for Precious. If you add 3 US actors $150k plus dem groundnut actors dem. Ann Njemanze and dem good actors that will collect 1-2 million in naira. You don act the film finish na. depends on the place. this alone is promo to the movie. so once it is out, the demand will rise.

Mama G or even Liz Benson and Joke Silva dem go take 2-4 million naira for the film. and Dolly Unachukwu omo I miss that woman.

Our male actors na free dem go act am self. You can put use Majek Fashek as houseboy in the film for 100k naira. You can use Phyno to do gateman in the movie and use Cossy orjiakor to carry pot of water barefooted for 70k naira.

go for better solid up and coming who hass been exposed to foreign waka-pass. the film don set. $1m too much sef.
do u know the difference between an actor and a producer?
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by CSTR1003: 3:17pm On Apr 22, 2018
The skull miners of west Africa would be a nice thesis.

Anybody interested should use and pay me royalty.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by GoodMuyis(m): 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2018
RonJeremy:
Another Lazy Nigerian Youth doing us proud........ Get your PVC, we are sending Buhari and his son Yusufu to Daura permanently come 2019

Well good for him He is not making us proud, he is denting the countries image the more, and the western power needs to make sure Nigeria never had influence in Africa.

see quote below
The film, “Nigerian Prince,” follows a Nigerian-American high schooler whose mother sends him to live with his aunt in Lagos. There he befriends his cousin, a professional scammer who sends phishing emails, among other deceitful business pursuits.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by israelmao(m): 4:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
And someone called Nigerian youth,lazy youth.Even though has never won any award in competition before or even as a halfbaked secondary school dropout.
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by holuphisayor(m): 4:22pm On Apr 22, 2018
This is no good news at all.

It's just to portray Nigeria in a bad light.

"advance fee scam letters"
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by Toks2008(m): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
He must be a lazy Nigerian youth
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by Pvibe007: 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
a $1million grant to ridicule your own country.

He shouldn't forget the sequels

"The Biafuroan Drug Lord"

"The Potopotorian BabySeller & Ritualist"

"The Aba Jewish Wh0res"

Look out an HIV patient airing his view , someone who ought to be looking for solutions to his health. RIP in advance

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by BlackPantherxXx: 5:41pm On Apr 22, 2018
Pvibe007:

Pvibe007 to his useless homosexual father and worthless wh0re mother:
Look out an HIV patient airing his view , someone who ought to be looking for solutions to his health. RIP in advance

Your mum must have given it to me while she was sucking my nuts
grin
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by Ayobami7(m): 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2018
All the best
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by rainylad(f): 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
OKORO

IGBO DESTROYING AFONJA BACK TO BACK SINCE 00AD

They are already upset because the Okoro guy will expose their preferred profession...yahoo-yahoo.
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by Pvibe007: 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

Your mum must have given it to me while she was sucking my nuts
grin
The problem is u don't have a but.
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by BlackPantherxXx: 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2018
Pvibe007:

The problem is u don't have a but.

I don't have a but, but your mum is very familiar with my 2 NUTS grin
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:54pm On Apr 22, 2018
rainylad:

They are already upset because the Okoro guy will expose their preferred profession...yahoo-yahoo.
hehehehehehe 419 is AFONJA tribe mark
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2018
actiondrilling:
A Nigerian graduate student at the New York University, Faraday Okoro has won a transformative grant of $1m to produce a film.

Okoro was among five finalists listed for an award being given by AT&T, the Tribeca Film Festival and the Tribeca Film Institute to a promising young filmmaker, with a focus on underrepresented perspectives.

After a game-show-like pitch-off, Okoro won the transformative grant. His thesis project would have a million-dollar budget.

But the money came with pressure: For example, it was to be filmed in Africa.

Winning a $1 million grant to make his film was “much different than winning the lottery,” Faraday said, “because I still had to make the movie for it to mean anything. And I could really feel that.”

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/04/nigerian-graduate-student-wins-1m-to.html

""Okoro""
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by kolawoleibukun: 9:36am On Apr 23, 2018
thatigboman:
do u know the difference between an actor and a producer?
teacher! you way sabi book reach, I never see you for TV oh. I never hear your name for ordinary Facebook sef.

abeg go sit down for gutter. idiort you day ask your father question
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by kolawoleibukun: 9:39am On Apr 23, 2018
grandstar:

You're correct. Wedding party 1 cost N60m to make.

I am sure by the time he spends half of the money, he will have a blockbuster good for Nigeria.

However, to break into America well, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
If he splashes some extra cash on some top celebrities who are not as relevant in Hollywood, he can get a D-rate in Hollywood which is a step forward. anything can happen if he tries. these artist pull crowds to the Cinema. instead of paying our local stars that have no star power that huge better invest in stars from China, US and India. places with high population and you can realize your money and gain massive coverage as a producer
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by kolawoleibukun: 9:43am On Apr 23, 2018
pweeryambre:

lol like you have been observing everyone and everything since then
yes o. dry meat no need freezer
Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by grandstar(m): 10:50am On Apr 23, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
If he splashes some extra cash on some top celebrities who are not as relevant in Hollywood, he can get a D-rate in Hollywood which is a step forward. anything can happen if he tries. these artist pull crowds to the Cinema. instead of paying our local stars that have no star power that huge better invest in stars from China, US and India. places with high population and you can realize your money and gain massive coverage as a producer

I noticed that AY lady in "30 Days In Atlanta" was once a popular black american actress. You do have a point. And if the Chinese and Indian markets are not neglected as you mentioned, you're talking of mega profits.

You can't ignore the Chinese market today. You do so at your peril

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduate Student Wins $1m To Produce Film by kolawoleibukun: 11:19am On Apr 23, 2018
grandstar:

I noticed that AY lady in "30 Days In Atlanta" was once a popular black american actress. You do have a point. And if the Chinese and Indian markets are not neglected as you mentioned, you're talking of mega profits.

You can't ignore the Chinese market today. You do so at your peril
correct. phatgirls was also a mega blackbuster. all these black movies are low-budget productions. the Chinese did not respond soo positively to Wakanda because they did not see their kind. if they saw a Chinese boy or lady, it would have been well received. so the inclusion of variety makes the sales now. everything is now packaging. AY got good meats for the 30 days in Atlanta. He made a hella dollars.

if you pick a controversial actress like Mo'nique who has been blackballed in Hollywood then you can get more traffic. Ashanti will do much for cash now. Everything na packaging. The thing is to put yourself out there. then more offers will come your way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Movie Stars / Man Folds Self Inside Travelling-Bag (Pic) / BBNaija All Stars Cost Us N5.5bn – Organisers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.