Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Time Of Great Trial is Upon The Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Time Of Great Trial is Upon The Christians (313 Views)

Honest Question To The Christians / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: It's Not Trump That They Hate, It's You, The Christians / Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time Of Great Trial is Upon The Christians by Kei144(m): 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
Re. 3:10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.

We are in the end time. It is time for final examination or trial. Those who pass this final exam will be promoted from mortal to immortality. Therefore, trial is not really a bad thing, since trial leads to promotion. Without trial, there can be no promotion.

Ja. 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Here in Nigeria, we see bands of murderous Fulani herdsmen invading Christian communities, killing Christians, destroying their farms, houses and other possessions; and then taking over their lands. It is believed that ultimately they will forcefully convert Christians to Islam. The government of the day is aiding the Muslim killer herdsmen by disarming the Christian communities while even arming the herdsmen. What can Christians do in this kind of situation?

It is clear that the arm of the flesh is ineffective in this kind of situation. The only available option for the Christians to respond is to employ the arm of God. How are they supposed to do this? The exam is really very tough. If Christians fail the exam, they will be destroyed.

I will present few proposals that I can think of, for passing the exam. I ask for people to assess my proposals and also make their own proposals.
Re: Time Of Great Trial is Upon The Christians by Kei144(m): 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2018
Proposal Number 1

The first proposal that I want to make is that Christians in communities infested by killer herdsmen pay up every tithe they have been owing to their churches in the past ten years and then also sow huge sums of money as seed. They will then pray for God to intervene and drive out the killers from their land.

Do you think that this will work?
Re: Time Of Great Trial is Upon The Christians by OkaiCorne(m): 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2018
Kei144:
Proposal Number 1

The first proposal that I want to make is that Christians in communities infested by killer herdsmen pay up every tithe they have been owing to their churches in the past ten years and then also sow huge sums of money as seed. They will then pray for God to intervene and drive out the killers from their land.

Do you think that this will work?

Nope...

The option of tithing ( which relates to Judaism ) never averted persecution of the early church...neither was it one of the doctrines of the early church...

Be careful not to pour old wine (Mosaic Laws) in a new wineskin (era of grace)...
Re: Time Of Great Trial is Upon The Christians by Kei144(m): 2:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Nope...

The option of tithing ( which relates to Judaism ) never averted persecution of the early church...neither was it one of the doctrines of the early church...

Be careful not to pour old wine (Mosaic Laws) in a new wineskin (era of grace)...

Thank you, my brother, for being the only one to respond so far. I agree with everything you posted. The great point in your post is that whereas tithe and sowing seed is so prominent in today's churches, now we are facing a crisis of monumental proportion and both tithe and sowing seed are useless.
Re: Time Of Great Trial is Upon The Christians by Kei144(m): 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2018
Proposition Number 2

My second proposition will have to depend on the Bible truth that we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength (Ph. 4:13). Ph. 4:13 says that Christians can drive out killer Fulani herdsmen from their land though the power of God. However, this is possible only if the Christians have the power of God in them. That is why it is really an examination. We have talked the gospel for too long; it is now time to walk the talk. The much-talked-about tithe and seed sowing has just been shown to be a failure. If the Christians in a community have the power of God in them, let them drive away killer herdsmen by faith. Otherwise, Christians need to find out how to receive the power of God in them.

If Christians have the power of God in them, how exactly will they drive out killer Fulani herdsmen from their land? It is purely by faith. Faith is calling the things that are not as though they were. I will give example with witchcraft attack. There is a witch who is closely related to me that has been trying to kill me. As the power of God grew in me, I am now in a position to deal with her; even to kill her. I attack her as follows: "In the mighty name of Jesus, I attack you evil witch that has been attacking my life with fire of the Holy Spirit of God (or deadly arrows of the Spirit) by the finger of God." I accompany this warfare utterance by imagining balls of fire (or deadly arrows) proceeding towards the witch. My short sojourn with MFM years ago comes to play in this warfare.

If a group of Christians that possess substantial level of divine power come together and wage this kind of warfare against their enemies, their enemies will see hell.

(1) (Reply)

Story From My Past To My Present / Proud Mother Of Leah Sharibu Asks For Continued Prayer For Her Daughter / If Given This Opportunity, What Would You Do Differently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.