Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:11 AM

Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? (5797 Views)

Nigeria Climbs To Third Position In Mobile Malware Attacks In 2018 / Samsung Ghana Gift Man A New Galaxy S8+ As A Replacement For His Burnt Galaxy S5 / Top Best Websites To Download Android Games In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 23, 2018
like I said earlier. This phone is good in 2018
Reasons to buy this phone among high end tecno or infinix in naija, if its cheap

1. It has high dpi compared to the latest tecno or infinix phones.
2.Better camera compare to these phones I mentioned. 16mp back camera
3.can record 4k videos
4.can shoot slow motion video
5.better display 1080p though most tecno phones are 1080
6.has I.R blaster, you can use it as a remote
7.it is water resistant, yes you can swim with it ip67. Which high end tecno phone of 100k is iphones certified?
8.runs a snapdragon processor. Yes it is an old 28nm processor, but due to it support on xda, you can overclock the cpu and the gpu. Just like I did mine
9.better android support on xda. Lot of things to try out, exammple using gcam. You have portrait mode on the lense.to blur background etc.
10.it has has sensor to monitor you heart rate, stress.etc and it is pure accurate
11.has ois when recording videos
12.can capture images in raw file. If you're am editor.
So my brother. If you can get it 40k or below, it's the best deal you can get.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2018
biggmusty:

There are many apps you can use to delete them on plays tore sir
I tried but you have to root your phone in order for you to successfully delete those inbuilt apps and i have tried but i have no idea to go about rooting a phone..
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? by MarkWayne89: 10:46am On Apr 23, 2018
I think it's all down to what you want to do with your phone.

If you want to do VR videos, then this is not the best option.

But if you want to use it for watching youtube and chatting on whatsapp then, yes, it's still a viable phone in 2018.
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 23, 2018
My s5 battery last for atleast 48hrs on normal usuage. By normal usuage I mean taking calls, sms, and may be access the internet via wifi every once in a while.
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? by mistercharles: 11:31am On Apr 23, 2018
hammer2010:
My s5 battery last for atleast 48hrs on normal usuage. By normal usuage I mean taking calls, sms, and may be access the internet via wifi every once in a while.
Lol I doubt
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? by yeman1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2018
My wife uses S5 and she used it to play games, always online.whataspp , Facebook and so on and the battery is good . If u like it u can go for it and u can go to gsmarena to check d specs .

1 Like

Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
mistercharles:
Lol I doubt

Doubted it myself. Got the device london used

1 Like

Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? by biggmusty(m): 7:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
dumo1:

I tried but you have to root your phone in order for you to successfully delete those inbuilt apps and i have tried but i have no idea to go about rooting a phone..

What's ur model number?
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 23, 2018
biggmusty:

What's ur model number?
SM-G900H
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? by Ebubemg(m): 9:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
Whizzahd:
Drop your experiences with the Samsung galaxy s5. And would you still buy the 4 year old phone in 2018?
don't even think of buying o, u will face battery, hotness, hanging problem

1 Like

Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? by biggmusty(m): 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2018
dumo1:

SM-G900H

I can't drop link here... search xda forum all u need is there. �
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 23, 2018
biggmusty:

I can't drop link here... search xda forum all u need is there. �
Thanks bro for your help.
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 14, 2018
CHESTER48:
okay. Speaking from experience.
I have an s5 right now I'm using as my daily driver
I'm running android 8.1
Camera is still very good, better and perfect, no much difference from the s6 except nights shots without flash.
Front camera is 2.1mp,but I have compared this camera to the latest phones like tecno camon cm, x and Pro, and the s6. Difference from the s6 is able to zoom in much more without loosing details. And it's still a clear winner. Here

I have 16gb inbuilt, with 32gb memory card making it 48gb total.

I have played games like nba 2k17 was able to play at high setting maintaining good fps.

Over all it the beat phone u can buy at a cheaper rate now in naija, alternative to most cheap tecno phones like spark, camon, hot series etc.
I have a thread where I discussed about the android 8.1
Also you have Google camera port for s5, much better support on xda
Battery life at pix

pls how do I update my S5 At&t mobile?
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? by yeman1(m): 7:37am On Aug 14, 2018
Whizpeter:

If I have 40k to buy a phone, I'll buy a S5 for 35k and use the remaining 5k to buy power bank rather than buy an Infinix hot 5 or a Tecno K9.

But if you're in places where there are no professional engineers that can repair your Samsung or Apple if it develops a fault, just buy Tecno or Infinix so that maintenance won't be an issue for you.

Lemme use myself as example, I used to use a Samsung s4 and a blackberry q10. The S4 developed a screen issue and I saved up money to buy a used s6 or note 4 but work took me to one village laidat in Benue [I'm gonna be here for a long time], so I carried my money and travelled with it hoping to buy the phone when I get to Benue, my brother you won't believe that Samsung is a luxury around here, ordinary samsung screen protector scarce for here except you go to Makurdi which is 3-4k away from here.

What did I do? I Jejely bought a brand new k7 to manage while I'm here and once I'm back to my base I'll return to my Samsung.
I can't be using a phone that I'd be travelling long distance to go and repair or buy accessories for.

My point? If you stay at a place where you've got good engineers, don't ever take a Tecno or Infinix device over a Samsung, LG or others. But if availability of good engineers is a problem, then go for the cheaper and substandard Tecno, Infinix and itel.
Tecno and its brothers can tolerate abuse but Samsung is just like BMW, e no dey tolerate abuse or inferior repairs and parts.

Why is your Samsung developing faults all day time? Does that mean that's all what Samsung mobiles do? I've been using Samsung note4 for d past 4 years and I got no issue with it.. even my friends too that used note 4. My wife uses Galaxy s5 too... And no problem except it's getting hot when u on d data.
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S5 Still A Good Buy In 2018? by Whizpeter(m): 9:36pm On Aug 14, 2018
yeman1:

Why is your Samsung developing faults all day time? Does that mean that's all what Samsung mobiles do? I've been using Samsung note4 for d past 4 years and I got no issue with it.. even my friends too that used note 4. My wife uses Galaxy s5 too... And no problem except it's getting hot when u on d data.

I don't think I mentioned that Samsung is giving me problem.
My s4 actually fell from upstairs to an hardened concrete floor..

What I wrote in my post is just precautionary measure because like I said, I don't see the sense in spending over 6k on to and fro transport just to goan buy a quality charger or earpiece for the Samsung whenever I need one.

I've always been an advocate for Samsung and other quality mobiles and I still am, but anybody that finds himself in my shoe and still goes ahead to get a Samsung device is just doing himself.

You won't even see Samsung to buy here sef, both new and used.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Android Application You Must Have. NAIRALANDER / Injoo Fire Plus: Review, Specs And Price In Nigeria / My Exprience With The New MTN Cheap Data...share Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.