Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? (19459 Views)

If You Are Unemployed Consider This / Should I Consider This As A Rejection Message / I Am 25 And Want To Start Up My Own Business. Which Businesses Can I Consider? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by twinskenny(m): 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
in abeokuta graduates are fighting over 12k per month job.. can u imagine
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
OboOlora:
This hit me hard angry
seriously it ain't easy sis
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by OboOlora(f): 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
EZENDDIGBO:
seriously it ain't easy sis

I know. Was in ur shoes once before God answered me.

Please share ur email, I will contact you personally and see what God can do through me.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by slimjohn2k5: 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
Start connecting with friends and family to know those ones living in the island. Talk to them if they can squat u. Also, this is where integrity test comes in. Some of us with put island address on cv without planning where to stay after getting the job. They may have staff bus if it is a cooperate organisation. Find out

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Victorakats(m): 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
ceeroh:
My fellow nairalanders, I'm in a dilemma at the moment. I presently work in a small company (one man business) with a ridiculously low pay, I can't even afford to save, no defined job description; I run all sorts of errands and yet, I still remain committed. And my boss, he never appreciates whatever you do, uses you as if you're not human, a chronic micromanager. So I wake up every morning feeling depressed and demotivated. But una know na, if I don't work, hunger will wire me and Bubu will call me lazy. grin
So recently, I went for an interview and I think I did well cos I was asked to come back tomorrow. During the course of the interview, the salary was mentioned and it's more than what I earn presently but the office is on the Island while I live on the mainland. So the t.fare will be much, even as high as what I earn at the moment. Which means I'll have little or nothing left with me after all the monthly expenses.
Now, I was asked to come tomorrow... should I go and hear what they wanna say? If the offer remains the same, should I reject or accept? I'm confused.
And I'm so so tired of my present job. No zeal, no motivation, nothing whatsoever.

Please push this to FP, I have less than 24hours to decide.

If there's growth in the new job, something you can learn to add value to yourself or your CV, then go for the new offer.

No matter how expensive transport cost may be, there's always an alternative that will save you some money.

You have BRT, you have other conventional means of transportation, and hopefully you may meet a colleague who will give you a form of lift to support you.

Finally, I suggest that you negotiate in such a way that you don't burn your own fingers.

Do not do any job that you can't afford any savings...it's the simplest form of slavery.

Best wishes
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by NotBeenPaid: 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
EZENDDIGBO:
anyone you reject after making up ur mind. please let me know I'm ready to accept anyone Biko..

I need a job brother..
Send me an email

You a graduate?
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
bastien:
weitin be otokoto
wetin be ndokwa hotel.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by talk2bity: 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
U have said it all.u don't like ur present job,go for the new job.all the best bro.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by sisisioge: 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2018
Accept whatever they offer you tomorrow. It will be another stepping stone for you to get your better Job. Let no one be allowed to tear you down emotionally!

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by santakris(m): 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2018
Go for the new job. You can probably seek audience to negotiate salary. Let them see reasons.

The job may also pave way for another opportunity too
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by airlord2020: 5:18pm On Apr 22, 2018
Accept the new job. Leave your comfort zone and try something else. Depressive work environment is not the best. You are like an aircraft that is moving on the runway. If you don't take off at the end of the runway, you crash. Don't get to end of runway without flying. Fly to the new company or crash with the old one.

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2018
OboOlora:

Please share ur email, I will contact you personally and see what God can do through me.
sunshinegracy27@gmail.com or 09098581996..

thanks in advance
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 5:22pm On Apr 22, 2018
NotBeenPaid:

Send me an email

You a graduate?
yes I am a graduate, I have the number. can I call you now?
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by iamharkinwaley: 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2018
jayinfo2:
Somone should please help me with a job too. So I can have issues deciding on which to pick. I'm a computer science graduate. I could do Any job that will allow me use the computer every time. Thank you.
grin grin grin
Wel Done Sir.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by dyangprof(m): 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2018
Take the offer if you are employed.
I guess you will be more relevant and progress in the new firm.

Forget the transportation expenses, you will definitely get other legitimate source of funds apart from ya salary.

Employees who rely on only salary may find it difficult to make it up to perfect standard life of leaving

Surely, opportunities fa other income source will definitely showcase, it's left fa you to handle it well. Cool legitimate deal will emerge, it happens in most firms.

Best of luck
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by miltonchux(m): 5:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
ceeroh:
My fellow nairalanders, I'm in a dilemma at the moment. I presently work in a small company (one man business) with a ridiculously low pay, I can't even afford to save, no defined job description; I run all sorts of errands and yet, I still remain committed. And my boss, he never appreciates whatever you do, uses you as if you're not human, a chronic micromanager. So I wake up every morning feeling depressed and demotivated. But una know na, if I don't work, hunger will wire me and Bubu will call me lazy. grin
So recently, I went for an interview and I think I did well cos I was asked to come back tomorrow. During the course of the interview, the salary was mentioned and it's more than what I earn presently but the office is on the Island while I live on the mainland. So the t.fare will be much, even as high as what I earn at the moment. Which means I'll have little or nothing left with me after all the monthly expenses.
Now, I was asked to come tomorrow... should I go and hear what they wanna say? If the offer remains the same, should I reject or accept? I'm confused.
And I'm so so tired of my present job. No zeal, no motivation, nothing whatsoever.

Bro I will advise you go for the new job. With time you will be having some benefits that comes with the Job to make up for the high transportation, also be open to make new friends also with guys who have cars and go towards your new office, it help.
Also make sure you send a resignation letter to your Boss and keep a copy to yourself. Make him realise you can't cope with the job and decided to move on and thank him for the opportunity given to you to save. Make sure you collect your salary shall and tell the new company to give you until month end to resign properly and handover. Best of luck
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
Dear Poster,

There are a lot of things to consider in getting a new Jon, which is way beyond salary

- career growth; Does the new job propose job enhancement or growth, is it a place where u can learn and develop yourself for more skills

- organization structure: is the new better structured than the former, is it publicly owned , is there proper management structure

You stand a better chance in a structured organization than in a one man business.

Irrespective of what you earn if you are in a place where u just run errands , you won't add much value to yourself ,,but when you are in a place where you are being challenged you will be better for it on the long run

Finally, it's very important to move or change jobs so that your CV can have a better outlook and you learn more across organizations

All the best
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by cana882(m): 5:34pm On Apr 22, 2018
EZENDDIGBO:
bro I understand..
you don't know how demoralizing it's to stay without job and no one to assist you financially.

C&I leasing is currently recruiting for a bank position of (CSE) Customer service Executive. Minimum requirement. OND/HND. Age bracket is 28. Drop your contact and CV to blessing.otu@c-ileasing.com. pls Call 08172007255. The recruitment is for South South, pls indicate your preferred location while sending your CV. The last day for submission of CV is Monday 23/04/2018. Pls those who had already send CV before shouldn't bother sending again as theirs had being treated Rebroadcast. Tks

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by NotBeenPaid: 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
EZENDDIGBO:
yes I am a graduate, I have the number. can I call you now?
Call him then. He's not on Nairaland.

He's my friend
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Emanodimo(m): 5:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
1. Go for the interview
2. You have assessed ur TF, I still believe u have money to save.
3. It isn't a demoralising one like the one u are doing presently.
4. U stand the chance to be expose to a better business environment.
5. It is your best bet.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 5:45pm On Apr 22, 2018
NotBeenPaid:

Call him then. He's not on Nairaland.

He's my friend
his name sir . what if he ask me who gave me his number?
I will need to mention ur name sir.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2018
cana882:
C&I leasing is currently recruiting for a bank position of (CSE) Customer service Executive. Minimum requirement. OND/HND. Age bracket is 28. Drop your contact and CV to blessing.otu@c-ileasing.com. pls Call 08172007255. The recruitment is for South South, pls indicate your preferred location while sending your CV. The last day for submission of CV is Monday 23/04/2018. Pls those who had already send CV before shouldn't bother sending again as theirs had being treated Rebroadcast. Tks
thanks but I'm already 29 and I will be 29years by July..
I stay in Lagos..
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by kalu61(m): 5:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
is there any opportunity for building your career in the new job. Are they prospect for you to land better job working there. l like taking risk will like to do same but if you are afraid stay put and keep searching.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2018
OboOlora:

pls hope you saw my 2nd email? I can sent my cv from there..
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Adesolomon2014(m): 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2018
ceeroh:

Looking at the bolded, i think you should drop the former job. Do accept the latter job den find a way of probably moving near the latter's job address.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Kingzy4pep(m): 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2018
ceeroh:

I'm telling you. Every Sunday evening, if you see me, you'd think I just lost a close friend or relative.
Brother, We're on same page. I've been moody since knowing that I'm going to work tomorrow.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Ogaezy(m): 5:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
Please do not let distance and T-fare deter you. One of the things to lookout for in jobs is better prospects and personal development. If the new job can offer both of these, take it. Distance and comfortability is just but a price to pay for more better things to come via the job in no distant time.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by spenca: 5:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
When you seek advise and you are not ready to share the entire info for the few that might care to help you make a decision then you are doing yourself a great disservice
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Pat4t5: 5:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
EZENDDIGBO:
bro I understand..
you don't know how demoralizing it's to stay without job and no one to assist you financially.

what is your discipline?
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by uridadole: 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
ceeroh:
My fellow nairalanders, I'm in a dilemma at the moment. I presently work in a small company (one man business) with a ridiculously low pay, I can't even afford to save, no defined job description; I run all sorts of errands and yet, I still remain committed. And my boss, he never appreciates whatever you do, uses you as if you're not human, a chronic micromanager. So I wake up every morning feeling depressed and demotivated. But una know na, if I don't work, hunger will wire me and Bubu will call me lazy. grin no

Embrace the change bro cos change is constant and can come with other opportunities yet unseen. If it turns out bad you can still move unto another with time. It can get better as you keep moving rather than been constant.

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Halo22: 6:04pm On Apr 22, 2018
My dear if i will advice, just remain where you are since the pay difference is not much. You Said every extra amount would be spent on tfare and as such, there is no need to sell a dog and buy monkey cos a sitting beast will still be in ur house. Just try to gather more experience to improve ur CV or better still, look for a skill you have Passion for and develop it. God will see u through.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Based On Logistics, I Got Appointment As A Logistics Officer In A Reputable Firm / 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria / Protest In Abuja By Nigeria Immigration 2000 (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.